1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Upgrade a rookie

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Clutch, Dec 6, 2007.

1. stonecold999

stonecold999 Member

Do you have to pay for upgrading yourself to Member? I see some chinese members had only 4 post, and they are members already...

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

no

you pay to become a "Contributing Member"

as has been mentioned in this thread at least three times, the path to being a "member" for people joined since last year(when the rookie system was put in place) involves making good posts and not being a irritating *****.

If you see someone with a single digit post count that is a member, they are most likely someone who joined before the rookie system was in place. All new members are rookies first, after they show the deserve "member", they are upgraded......you can also be downgraded to rookie as a warning prior to being banned for making crappy posts/threads and/or for being a irritating troll/moron.

Basically....if you post like the idiots at ESPN or RealGM, you aint gonna lose that rookie label. If you want to be a member, make solid posts that don't make us as a community look like dribbling idiots.

thats the only way.

3. Why So Serious?

Rockets2k is there a specific amount I have to donate?

I donated $5 through paypal like a few weeks ago and I am still a rookie. Is there a specific amount I have to reach?

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's funny you quoted R2K's post and still asked him this question. Reading comprehension is one thing you need to master to get the member status, you know.

5. rz04

rz04 Member

I am sorry but I don't see where it states the question i was asking.

I know you have to pay to be a contributing member and I did already a while back through the link on this site. I just wanted to know if there was a specific amount or so? If so I would be more then happy to add more to reach that amount.

I just don't want to keep on doing it if Clutch is not receiving it or something.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

thanks Easy, I was debating answering that one since I KNOW it has been stated over and over that hitting the tipjar will NOT save you from being a rookie. Ive stated over and over what it takes to become a member here.

GOOD POSTS

not one line cracks or insults to people who you dont agree with.

as for you rz04.....you *do* realize that having more than one ID here is grounds for banning right?

I did not answer you....I answered Why So Serious, but judging from your post that must be you also....bad boy.

IF it is you also....I would immediately ask for one of those accounts to be closed, cause the Crew can tell if the posts come from the same location via IP.

7. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

I think Easy meant that you can't go from rookie to a contributing member. I'm not sure though.

Anyway, when did you donate? I donated a month, give or take a few days, before my status was changed. It takes time.

Also, I don't think you have to donate a certain amount. If you think $5 is enough, it probably is.

edit: I agree with R2K, multiple accounts should not be tolerated. It is usually the main reason for the quality of a forum nosediving.

8. Why So Serious?

Wow, ok I better explain myself then.

I wanted to change my account name a while back because a friend of mine wrote on the Tibetan post a long time ago and I didn't realized that until I learned to use the search thing through google to look at my own posts and stuff.

I didn't want posters to think that I was making up things so I decided to change my account name.

If you want to look at the post thing I never signed on to that account or posted in it until today, when i accidentally clicked it to sign in on firefox by mistake.

And that is why I am donating to the site for this new account.

9. Why So Serious?

Well here is the email from paypal for it.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes, that's what I meant. Here's what R2K said:

You don't get to be "Contributing Member" before you get to be "Member." And getting to be "Member" has nothing to do with money.

11. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

carmichael dave for upgrade.

12. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

calm down. i've been a member since 2006, and donated 15 bucks in october of 07. don't expect a response, confirmation, or even a thank you. just be happy we don't have to use a realgm forum or some junk like that.

13. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

sweet, he's a member now!

14. YugoRocketsFan

Tmacyaokobe01

Hes been a smart poster so far, IMO.

15. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Maybe.

But his screen name is seriously questionable.

16. YugoRocketsFan

Point forward guy? Haha

17. YugoRocketsFan

Well he does post news early on other forums.

18. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Oh s*** was he the one? (I forgot who it was)

19. stephen94

stephen94 Member

**** YOU ALL TO HELL! MAKE ME CONTRIBUTING MEMBER b****ES!

20. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Reply before the ban.