1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

kelvin cato SUCKS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jello77, Mar 8, 2002.

1. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

i never liked kelvin cato. even when everybody was jumpin on the cato bandwagon a few weeks ago when he played a week and a half of good ball, i still had my doubts and he proved it tonight. he scored TWO points in like thirty minutes and got his arse handed to him. what a jack@$$.

the guy's supposedly "playing hurt" right? B.S. i hate this. i would much rather he scores a couple more friggin points and we actually play good ball and beat teams like boston and minnesota than having this jerk play like my dead great great grandma than be paying him a TON of money so he can eat up cap room. hes a parisite. its not his fault were paying him $1903097109707207101 a year but it is his fault that he plays like **** because he had potential. what a complete waste of good money. you guys know what we could do with that kind ofmoney? i can imagine what things like schools or charities could do with this while this guy is sitting on his ass and scoring two points in thirty minutes against ERICK DAMPIER. i could outscore cato in this game.:mad: :mad:

btw, wtf was guarding jason richardson?

p.s. excuse my language im really pissed right now

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Cuttino No Mobley Defense

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Cato:

8 rebounds
    2 blocks
    2 points*

*Cato went 1-2 from the field, so go take your bashing post else where. You can't blame him for not scoring when a) he's the FIFTH option, b) he takes 2 shots.

8 rebounds, 2 blocks - not bad, not all-star material either. But, it's better than the past 2 years. Go find someone else, these Cato bashings are getting old - yet they continue even when he performs.

4. LongTimeFan

Norris: 1-9
    Wizard: 0-5
    Tmo: 0-2

Might I suggest a thread bashing one of these players instead?

-LTF

5. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Ben Wallace, the anti-Cato

6. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

The fire that was in Cato's ass last night quickly fizzled out as he used a bag of ice to cure the pain.

7. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

Are you watching the same Cato I am? I dont see how you can say he is "performing". This guy lacks any basic fundamentals to the game of basketball. He plays horrible defense against every center in the league, and basically gives up (note last night) against the allstars (i.e. Shaq, Duncan, etc.). The guy is just lazy as $hit, period. Jason Collier did a much better job than Cato did tonight (8 pts), and that is not really a complement to Collier. Cato just doesnt care, he has zero enthusiasum, and he shoots worse than anyone on the team. Have you ever noticed that 90% of his points (which is 5 or 6 a game the last time I checked) are on dunks, thats because thats all he can do, he rarely even makes a 5 footer in the paint. Oh and about the 8 rebounds, if you put any 7 footer in the paint for 28 minutes against weak competition, they would probably get 8 as well. Those boards arent due to hustle, a word that Cato doesnt know, but rather height. Needless to say I am very pissed about the state of the Rockets center posistion after witnessing what happened tonight.

8. LongTimeFan

Eric Dampier C 29 2-6 0-0 4-4 3 7 10 0 3 0 0 2 8

10 boards
    2 Blocks
    8 points*

*8 points off of 2-6 shooting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you're trying to tell me he dominated Cato. Granted his numbers are better, but slightly. He shot more shots, and worse than Cato. And thats funny how you bash Cato for his play in San Antonio. I dont know too many Centers who CAN keep up with Duncan, he's amazing. Yet Cato still had like 7 blocks? Ya but the all-star just used him, so lets forget about the 7 blocks and bash him. I dont know of a center that could stop Timmy. As for Shaq, I'm not gonna defend Cato on that game. He did look uniterested, so I'll admit to that. But that was one of the few games I've seen lately that he HAS been uniterested, so quit the whining. Collier had ONE rebound in 11 minutes. Scoring isn't everything, maybe you don't realize that, that's WHY Kelvin starts. He's not supposed to score, our offense doesn't go through the post, Hakeem is gone. Go add to your post total in the mobley/francis has no D threads.

-LTF

9. LongTimeFan

Oh yea, and as for the weak competition part I disagree. Golden state to me has a really good front court, they all rebound extremely well. So try to come up with a new one.

-LTF

10. Sane

Sane Member

So ignorant. I won't bother explaining myself, while I use this as my excuse to up my post count.

11. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

Thank you Sane, at least now I know someone is on my side. Of course I am assuming you are saying Longtimes post is the ignorant one. Longtime, I respect your opinion, but completley disagree. I dont see how in the hell you can back that man up and why in the hell you do it so vigourosly, like he is your favorite player or something. Oh and by the way I do agree with you on something, I dont like the Mobley/Francis cant play D threads either, and I dont post on them so dont throw be in that pile of bashers.

12. Sane

Sane Member

I hope YOU were being sarcastic, because I back Cato all the way.

You wanna know what I think? I think there are people on this board that watch Rockets games for the sake of finding something to post about negatively on this board. I think they sit down and can't wait for Cato to miss a single frikkin' pass.

He has one bad game. So what. Sue him for not playing 100% on a bad ankle in a completely LOST season. Sue him for hitting one of 2 shots that he was given. But I don't think he did all that bad. When we get 2 more offensive options next year (Rice, Taylor), Cato might get 2 shots every night. But it won't matter because he "sucks".

You don't want to look at the fact that the GS Centers didn't do well and the fact that he had 2 blocks this game and 6 in the previous. That he's been averaging VERY close to a double double recently? That he's playing on a sore ankle in a season where we're out of the playoffs?

If you want someone to pick on, look at Walt or Moochie or Willis(recently). Maybe even Rudy. Because at the very VERY least Cato is trying and he's doing a damn good job out there.\

Jeez......

13. LongTimeFan

:D

14. lpbman

lpbman Member

um don't shoot me but

Griffin and Cato for B. Wallace and J Barry
    sign Keon Clark FA

never happen, but would the Rockets be a better team the next three years?

15. Miggidy Markell

Threads such as these make posters like me, hate posting here.... Thanks for another lame thread. Tell me when you've finished... :rolleyes:

16. jello77

i am not a basher. i just really don't like kelvin cato making millions of dollars and NOT GIVING A DAMN about the games. he had two blocks? WOW, he's 7'0. he let shaq rip us up the other day (but i wont hold that against him since nobody can stop shaq) and the spurs beat us on REBOUNDING.

i like every player on this team except for kelvin cato. if he could play up to potential then wed be a much better team. during that 15 game losing streak he got more than two shots, and he didnt help us too much now, did he.

17. LongTimeFan

Not a basher?? Funny you blame the 15 game losing streak on Cato then?? lol.. why not Mobley? He took more shots than Cato.. or moochie?? Nah, lets blame it on Cato. and FYI, 2 Blocks IS good..especially now that he everages around 2.. or lately atleast.. Griffin averages around 2 or so, and everyone calls him a future shot blocking king.. so don't give me the bs about 2 blocks being bad. Play up to his potential? his potential is on DEFENSE, not offense. I don't know why people complain that all he does is dunk. That's the HIGHEST PERCENTAGE shot in the game. I'd rather him always going for the dunk than trying to shoot over someone. Fact is, you ARE a Cato basher - as you proved it by blaming him for the losing streak. Come on now..:rolleyes:

18. jello77

cato gets a couple points in my book for that block on malone!

19. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Last time I checked at the All-Star break, Cato was #1 in the NBA in scoring efficiency, points per field goal attempt.

Today versus Jazz
    28 minutes 4-4 FG 4 boards 3 PF 1 TO 4 BS 8 points.

Who played center when Cato was not in the game? Eddie Griffin or TMo or KT? Jason Collier and Kevin Willis were DNP.

20. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

I loved the way Cato handled his bieyatch Malone today!:D
    A legitimate block in his biyeeeatch ass and Malone starts to cry !!!:D

CATO ROCKS!!!!!PROPS TO NEXT $EA$ON~~~!!!!!
    I ain't mad atcha..you go boy!