1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Who let the Dogs out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Aug 5, 2008.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

I believe it was JVG who said that we needed to surround our two too-nice-for-their-own-good superstars with Pit Bulls. Since then, even though JVG is long gone, his vision seems to be coming to fruition, one dog at a time.

In the Beginning, we had the original Pit Bull in the late and great Bobby Sura. It is such a shame he could only give us so few games, but in those games we could see how a Pit Bull can blossom around our stars, and vica versa. I still fondly cherish the image of him knocking that punk Josh Howard to the ground, standing above him like a prize fighter stands above his humiliated foe.

Rafer was brought in to replace Bobby, which is blaspheme. Even though he has some of that NYC griminess in him, he is no Pit Bull. Don't get me wrong though, he is still a dog in my eyes. He's tough as nails and won't back down to anyone, big nor small. Just ask Tyson Chandler and Chris "I wish I was as good as Rafer" Paul.

Next, with much controversy, came Shane Battier. While the controversy was limited to his arrival, anyone who gets down and dirty as much as Shane is definitely a D.O.G. But lets face it, Shane is no where near a Pit Bull. Never will be. As a matter of fact, he's a Golden Retriever. I mean thats great for guiding the blind and such but when it comes to playoff Ws, we needed some nastiness.

The Chuck Wagon and Flyin' Ryan are both nice dogs to have, but honestly, for a team with Championship aspirations, we need Throughbreds, not strays.

Scolandry(mixed breed) isn't a throughbred, thus not a Pit Bull, but does it really matter? In my book he is just as good as a Pit Bull, packing a mean bite although without the bark. And the way he fought those Hyenas(Boozer, Okur, Harpring) to a stalemate just gives us a taste of whats in store for the future. We can only assume he will improve with seasoning. (No not that kind of seasoning...)

And that brings us to Mr. Ron Artest.

Even more so than the original, the Tru Warier embodies every essence of the Pit Bull. (With much apologies to the spirit of Bobby) A Pit Bull barks louder than any other. A Pit Bull bites more viciously than any other. No one likes a Pit Bull, and he doesn't care. A Pit Bull does not Think. A Pit Bull Does. As a matter of fact, a Pit Bull is feared by all but one. His owner. As great and talented as Tracy and Yao are, they need Ron. And Ron needs them. He needs them to guide him onto the right path when he is lost. And in turn, he will give them his loyalty. He will be their guardian.

Yes as the saying(new) goes, a Pit Bull chasing a car wouldn't know what to do with it if he caught it. But a Pit Bull will keep chasing relentlessly until it is his. Until the Championship is his.

So with the arrival of Mr. Ron Artest, the circle of Life is now complete. What began with a Pit Bull who was gone too soon, now ends with the mother of all Pit Bulls, here to finish his job. It's funny that this is what JVG wanted all along, in fact he was somewhat of a Pit Bull himself.(Nah... more of a Chiwawa) Maybe he was on to something after all...

2. Asian Sensation

6+ years later you decide to finally post?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Mr Mean is back?

4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

A very excellent first post! It was exactly what I was thinking when Artest was traded here, we finally got our Rottweiler!

5. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Hey good first post! Welcome

Since Maxwell we haven't had a madman - till now.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I enjoyed the read... imo we have two pitbulls

1. Ron Artest
    2. Joey Dorsey

Yao is a Great Dain
    Scola and Rafer are Rot Roller's
    I don't know what Tracy is...

Not saying everyone else is cake but not many teams in the NBA have the luxury of having pitbulls.

Jazz have a lot of them but in reality if you have too many pitbulls on your team your team will eventually be lost causing them to lose and never win a championship... who am I talking about? THE UTAH JAZZ!

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

First thing that came to mind:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZgOQO5MilfI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZgOQO5MilfI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6D3xkIKc_3E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6D3xkIKc_3E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Tracy's a German Shepherd.

9. Why So Serious?

No wonder he had so many players in the doghouse when he was here. :D

10. SackLunch

SackLunch Rookie

T-Mac? Thats obvious.

[​IMG]

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

lol nice comparisons. Agree with all of em

12. blk5g

blk5g Member

no dude more like a chow or however you spell it... kinda coast's through the game but piss him off and he turns into KUJO ERRRRRRRRR!!!

13. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

14. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Luther Head = puppy

15. SackLunch

SackLunch Rookie

16. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I'm amazed it took you almost 6 years for you to compose your first post. What willpower!

The excitement of Artest has brought out some quality posts to the garm. First rocketsqtc and now CXbby.

Sura gave the team an edge and then he left. The team didn't really find that swagger again until last season during that 22 win streak. Artest will make the swagger of last year's team, a swagger on streroids.

17. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I wonder what is Deke? A 20 year old Mastiff?

[​IMG]

18. BigRox11

BigRox11 Member

Great post! But who is whose guardian anyway?

19. Gwalchmai

Gwalchmai Member

How about...

T-Mac ... Greyhond
    Yao ... Great Dane
    Mutumbo ... Rhodesian Ridgeback
    Alston ... Minature Doberman
    Brooks ... Jack Russell Terrier
    Hayes ... English Bulldog
    Scola ... Mastiff
    Landry ... Rotweiler
    Artest ... Pit (the slightly crazy kind)
    Battier ... Calahula (very versatile breed of hunting dog)
    Head ... Husky?

20. Laozi

Laozi Member

Who's pug eyed?