1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest in....Keep Battier or trade to upgrade pg position?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FR0497, Jul 29, 2008.

1. YugoRocketsFan

Im happy with our roster, dearly.

We have everything we need, we just hopefully need to sign Landry and Dikembe. And maybe add someone like Francisco Elson to have 3 centers incase 1 gets injured.

2. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

t.j ford is not a top 10 pg.

he's not even better than alston.

3. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

I don't want to waste my time thinking who we should trade for. I rather sit and wait to see how Morey is going to surprise me....

Morey >>>>> All Clutchfans!!! :D

4. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

We need a capable back up power forward/center with length more than a back up point. They should have kept Loren Wood and sign him for the minimum instead of waiting for Mutombo.

5. YugoRocketsFan

LOL

TJ Ford > Alston.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

He was already under contract before we had released him. I believe he wanted his release because we werent playing him enough during the summer league or something like that.

7. Chamillionaire

woods was worthless. we need to sign mutombo and i think morey will get that done. hayes, deke, and dorsey can and will hold the fort down at the 5 spot. who who they really have to worry about, bynum? chandler? an aged shaq? kaman? the only player who can dominate except for Yao is dwight, and we only see him twice a year.

8. DreamYaoTmac5

DreamYaoTmac5 Member

homer much?

9. Chamillionaire

agreed, ford is much better than alston at certain aspects, but alston can hold his own. ford is a better scorer from that position, but i do respect alston`s game, i just wish he would only shoot 5 times a game instead of 15.

10. Chamillionaire

and don`t trade battier unless we`re getting a deal. battier is a lot more important than people may assume, as well as alston. you can`t just get rid of 2 of our former starters for a player who may not even mesh with the current group.

unless we`re getting a deron williams or chris paul, you`d really have to consider whether battier + alston is worth it, cause i don`t.

11. monster

monster Member

keep battier. i think he's more valuable to us than he would be to other teams in a trade. plus, he's a class act, comes to play every night, hustles non-stop, and his crappy commercials amuse me.

12. jpchou

jpchou Member

Battier and Alston aren't going anywhere. Did you read Ron-Ron's quotes - Alston was his idol and he has played with Battier.

These two will be a great influence on keeping Ron in check (esp. Alston, who is the defacto leader). Morey realizes this and will keep them just to preserve chemistry.

13. china2008world

14. Laozi

Laozi Member

You'll need to translate if you can

15. Maidi88

Maidi88 New Member

16. tmacyaokobe01

tmacyaokobe01 Rookie

also Ford takes it to the hole, Alston doesn't.

17. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

artest wouldn't guard boozer tho...yao would.

18. killer instinct

I posted Hayes/Francis/Head for Barbosa before....nobody replied....is that far fetched or is Barbosa not worth it?

19. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

The Suns have no reason to do that deal. They basically get weaker with that trade.

20. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

First off - to the guys who said trade for AI, I really hope you meant Iguodala, and I really hope you realize that there is no way in hell Philly would trade Iguadala for Battier.

Second off, for the guys who are suggesting we trade for a power forward "with size" - have you seen Scola dominate in the Olympic warm ups this month? HAVE YOU SEEN JOEY DORSEY?

I love it when people make suggestions like "Trade Battier for Andre Miller" when there is absolutely no indication that Atlanta even wants to trade Miller, or that they ever would concieve of it. Atlanta is loaded at the 3, why would they trade Andre Miller for Battier? Because the Rockets said so?

Realism makes trade ideas much more interesting.