1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HOLY CRAP...HUGE UPSET IN THE MAKING!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman95, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Just voted for Hakeem over Barkley at the Road to Rocketsville, and Barkley's leading 78% to 22% :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I guess now we know what Barkley does during his time off camera during the TNT telecasts.

CK

3. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

WTF is up with that?!?! :mad:

CB4 is not even the better player than Dream let alone the greatest Rocket! This is $#it! I guess this goes to show how much The Dream really pissed people off. Also how much he meant to these fans.

Let's not forget, let's not forget how many rings Barkley got us compared to the nigerian. :mad:

4. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Also I can't believe Griff competing with Steve is as close as it is.

5. Miggidy Markell

How can you compare both? They are both great players, both are unique players that can never be replaced. Hakeem is the greatest Rocket, but it is arguable that Dream is better then Charles.

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Remember that this isn't just Rockets fans voting, it's the entire internet community voting. Like it or not, Barkley has always had and still does have a greater following than Hakeem Olajuwon around the country. Even during our two title runs, I saw loads of Barkley jerseys being worn.

Plus, people still see Barkley every week on TNT. When does anybody see Hakeem anymore? Does he still play? Even though the margin by which Barkley is winning is a little suprising, the fact that he's leading Dream doesn't suprise me THAT much...Besides, now that the word is out on the upset, maybe things will turn around for Dream like they did when I first mentioned Moses Malone being behind in the first round.

I still voted for Dream, though :)

7. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

Maybe I should have entered "Road to Rocketville". The ways things are going I could have made the semis...:D

8. Hydra

Hydra Member

I voted for Charles. He took a pay cut and played for the minimum. At the time he was the best player on the team. Hakeem fled to Canada for a little more money. That is why Charles is great and Hakeem is an A$$.

9. get Darius Rice

i also voted at a college library 100 times ...
    for doller value,,steve,then charles,but hea..i hate hakeem for snubing thetmac trade in 2000 i think so we could have

steve
    christie/cat?
    tmac
    mo
    cato

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Dream is now leading 52 to 48.

11. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I think the initial results demonstrate the following things:

1) the greater national exposure [duh] of barkley
    2) the bias of the internet toward young demographics [fans of the nba who've only started following in the last 4 years, say, would probably know more about barkley (again because of tnt)]
    3) the level of hurt, or whatever you want to call it, felt by the Rockets community and fans at hakeem's departure
    4) possibly a verdict from the court of public opinion on whose story [hakeem's or the rockets] the people are buying regarding the circumstances of his departure

12. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

Eddie can thank me later. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If you guys know what I mean.................

13. Francis3

Francis3 Member

You gave him head? :D

14. red

red Contributing Member

when and how did hakeem snub a tmac trade to houston? i dont remember ever hearing about this?

as far as the rocketsville goes, it looks like hakeem and steve will both win...has anyone heard any comments from clavin about him being man handled by the bull?

15. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Good :D. Charles is my second favorite player ever. The only player I like more is Franchise.

16. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

:eek:
    I set myself up for that one.
    :D

Let's just say I did LOOOOOOOOOOTS of clicking.