1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers Game answers alot of questions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by get Darius Rice, Mar 4, 2002.

1. get Darius Rice

First without Kobe,we still got killed.

1.Eddie probably will never be a full time center

2.Cato is at best a backup

3.Williams is shooting lights out and we still got killed,this proves the "lets get odom or lewis" or sf theorists wrong,even I was wrong.

4.Are major weakness is center then sf.

5.Losing aint so bad,we can do this the rest of the way and end up with top 3 pick for AMARE..thats our shaq!!!!!

6.We cant run a fast break and finish it..

7.big guards on lakers can easily defend our small guards esp. moochie..

8.lewis or odom wouldnt have helped in this game..

9.we are two allstars (a shaq atleast) away from winning title,my goal is to win finals not be a 8th seed like you want..

10.amare =shaq..marcus = slow,non dunking haywood type...bust

11.theres only 1 pick to get to instantly scare teams ,amare.Get rice is for our toronto pick...(if they make playoffs)

12.amare is top 5 pick.so we have two choices,tank season=moral will pick up when he players relize we will add a shaq clone.or win lotto to get in top 3.

13.my gut feeling tells me since we probably promised shandons and mos agents to long deals,we have probably promised odom or lewis agent to...unfortunely..it always backfires..

2. DaneB

DaneB Member

I would like to think that there is a Shaq clone out there that we can get, but its extremely unlikely. Also, Amare is not Shaq because a 7'1" 315 lb center will always take out a 6'10" 240 pound power forward. Its impossible to find anyone out there who is as tall as Shaq and weighs as much as Shaq with the same muscle tone. I have heard that there is a 7' 500 lb wrestler (for real), maybe we can pick him up. All we have to do is go sign him and teach him how to keep Shaq away from the basket.:D

3. get Darius Rice

WRONG!!!!!

Even thogh AMare loses 2 inches in hieght,.

There is 1 reason why I know hes a freak.He has a 36 inch and growing vertical jump.Thats alot more than shaq who can barely get off the floor.

Viince carter..6'7 vert=36 inch

amare..6'10 and growing vert=36 inch..

imagine a 6'11 guy doing the dunkc carter does..he is going to ny..there is no way espn,nike,stern,will alow this freak to be wasted in a small market like denver or clevland...the lottery will be rigged..i cant prove it..but watch it..ny will sneek into top 3...like orlando in 93,like clippers in 00,and 01,like ny in 85,see...

when the rockets got lucky,getting sampson then akeem,everyone said no more of this,will will rigg it if we have to to avoid the same team getting first pick over and over...now you know why chi town finishes draft 2,3,4 over last 3 years to prevent people b****in about them throwing seasons on purpose to get 1st pick..

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Somebody get this guy a table dance before he hurts himself.

5. get Darius Rice

have fun at your strip clubs...

just to help prevent griffins head being decapatated by shaq...juice is in order

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

It was once said Van Horn had a 40" vertical. If you can find me a guy over 6'8 with a 40+, i know he should dominate. I parallel vertical to the 40yd dash in football. Until someone or player can actually use that lift against a shaq type player, its all for not. I imagine from a standstill, Cato could outjump shaq, but give him a ball in traffic, and we know the result.

7. chewy

chewy Member

Wow, I'm glad that 1, poor game the Rockets played answered so many questions, including get Darius Rice overhyping Amare Stoudemire. Amare may have great athleticism and strength and a great vertical but his game is very raw and it's not known if he'll have the skills or tools to be a good player. He's got the potential to be a star and I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Rockets jersey next year but I wouldn't be calling him a Shaq clone.

8. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

The only question I think got answered is that if you miss 75% of your shots, are you going to win? Hakeem in his prime never caused the opposing NBA team to miss 75% of their shots. Walt was 6-8, Collier was 2-4, Langhi was 1-1, Morris was 2-2, KT 3-6.

Otherwise it was brick city from
    Griffin 0-8, Cato 0-2, Mobley 2-12, Francis 7-20, Willis 2-6, Moochie 0-5, Brown 0-1. There's no *other* shaq. If you can't hit jump shots against the Lakers you get to lose. If you can't hit the side of a barn you get blown out. If our guys are so intimidated they throw up bricks on drives, they shouldn't be driving or they shouldn't be playing against Shaq.

For whatever reason, we got outrebounded 39-58. At that rate, we just got plain outhustled because our guys didn't want the ball very badly, and we played midget slow ball.

9. knifejc

knifejc Member

I thought this Amare Stoudemire was some stud out fo college i'd never heard of...but he's still in high school. Or am i looking at the wrong guy???

Why would we need another young guy with raw offensive capabilities, who probably rarely plays against anyone his size or with his talent level?

10. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

That 36 inch vert will do him no good when Shaq powers him inside. I'm pretty sure Eddie has a higher vert than Shaq, and it did him no good last night.

11. Hydra

Hydra Member

gdr,

It seems like you are drawing a lot of conclusions about our centers from the fact that they could not contain Shaq on a night when Kobe was not taking shots away from him. You do not build your team around stopping one player. It is lunacy. You play your game and hope that your game at its best will beat anyone else's. Sure we lost despite a hot shooting small forward, but our three best players played like crap. That probably will not happen every game. BTW, I think McDyess had something like a 40" vertical, but I would still rather have Tim Duncan. Tim is a player with maybe less raw athletic ability, but a lot more skills.

12. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

get Darius rice

ease up on the topics! geezes u start like 3-4 daily! and instead of focusing in every thread about the need for a SF in 5 threads use one!

i hate to break it to you but the majority of the board would GLADLY take odom or lewis. You can slam them all you want. they are far more accomplished than darius rice is. and darius rice isnt even entering this year's draft!

last night was one game. yes the lakers are a thousand times better than us but geezes not every team in the league has a dominating center. amare stoudamire is a very overrated player as well. he is keon clark w/ more muscle. i think i have more offensive skills than him although he can certainly "outdunk" me... and i would LOVE to see him try to dunk on everyone once he gets to the NBA.

its like i said before. athletes win track meets. basketball players win basketball games. amare stoudamire is more athlete.

and darius rice isnt the God player you think he is. his passing and ball handling need a lot of work. right now he is a 6'10 dermarr johnson to me.

and please for the love of god work on your grammar!

4.Are major weakness is center then sf.

try OUR

one last thing. the rockets aren't going to tank. tanking is stupid and useless..... not to mention it alienates our players who will want to leave soon after. stop suggesting it. and if all u can look for in a player is a vertical then u simply don't know basketball. you want to see players jump reeeeeallllly far out n catch alley oops on sports center. myself and others prefer to see us win games.

13. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

That one, asinine, completely incorrect statement tells me all I need to know about your basketball knowledge (or lack thereof), and your young time here at CC.net.

Welcome to the IGNORE list.

14. Houstone

Houstone Member

#14 Houstone, Mar 4, 2002
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2002
  15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

1.Eddie probably will never be a full time center

2.Cato is at best a backup

3.Williams is shooting lights out and we still got killed,this proves the "lets get odom or lewis" or sf theorists wrong,even I was wrong.

Anyone who thinks one game can determine all of these things needs to answer some questions regarding their sanity.

10.amare =shaq

That one line pretty much sums up the credibility of this post...

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There is no player who can stop shaq just like no one could stop Hakeem. What the Rockets should have done is what the sonics used to do. They should collapse on Shaq everytime instead of gaurding him one on one. I highly doubt player for the next three or four years can touch shaq

17. chewy

chewy Member

His knowledge of the game is not only poor and his statements incorrect, but his name is IfantasizeaboutLindaCohn? *shiver* *shiver*

I like this post he made called "Why the rockets s*ck d*cks":

http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nba/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=nba_hou&id=65995&move=firstThread

18. Francis3

Francis3 Member

This Crazy guy.. get darius rice avgs 16.14 posts per day.!!!!:eek:

19. Houstone

Houstone Member