1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese President Hu Jintao meet Yao Ming in training

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dreamrockets, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Wang Zhi Zhi and Yi Jianlian may not be as good as NBA stars here, but they are the stars of their team.

I don't know why everyone is hating on Yi and Wang. China would be crap w/o Yao, yes, but they would be even worse without Wang and Yi. Pretty much Mehmet Okur, and Dirk Nowitzki, respectively.

2. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

You sound like a real dick yourself when you have to add in something like that. :mad:

3. sleepirlo

sleepirlo Member

Since CHN national team has no chance to win a medal, I just wish Yao and Yi keep healthy.

4. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

What's the intention behind posting this anyway? To show how poorly the Chinese words are translated into English? Lust for some (more) typical CNT bashing for the afternoon?

So, it is okay to post CNT related news as long as it's a piece that we can make fun of... it's NOT okay for real discussion about CNT because then it will have "nothing to do with this board".

How nice.

5. oldnews2

oldnews2 Member

It has something to do with translate or we have already got used to it.
    I always think it to be "China star who is or was playing in NBA" when I read it.

6. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Well, nothing was lost in translation cos the OP Dreamrockets did not translate anything in the first place. :rolleyes:

He just extracted a portion of the English news as released by Xinhua News Agency.

It is not like all news from Xinhua News Agency need to be written in Chinese and then translated into English.

7. oldnews2

oldnews2 Member

I know, I mean the difference between the language.
    In chinese, I will consider it as 'the stars from NBA' but not 'the stars of NBA'.

8. xiao

xiao Member

you dick better kick your ass ,and say my dick and ass ,the same.

9. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I agree.

On #4 ATM.

10. dafranchise0309

Anyone else remember the name Jintao from Rush Hour?? lol

11. ghost2003

ghost2003 Member

Umm... that's "Juntao" not "Jintao"

12. JustWannaChill

It is as much different as "Williams" and "Williamson".