1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Rockets player past or present have been loyal to the City of Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by us_marine007, Jul 21, 2008.

?

Which Rockets player past or present have been loyal to the City of Houston?

1. Hakeem Olajuwon

135 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Clyde Drexler

86 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Steve Francis

104 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Yao Ming

135 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. Calvin Murphy

96 vote(s)
    14.8%
  6. Tracy McGrady

11 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. Rudy Tomjanovich

73 vote(s)
    11.3%
  8. Other

8 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

ROTFL!

The best post ever.

2. auddj

auddj Member

Agreed!!!

Rudy went on to LaLa land.
    Yao, Francis, and TMac haven't been here long enough to compete with loyalty to the City of Houston.
    Drexler might have been born here and returned, but the only reason he's still with the organization is because of Murph's stupid kids.

Murph does more for the youth of this city than anyone on this list. It's a shame that people don't realize that.

3. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I voted Calvin. Unlike others who have been forced or asked out, he hasn't gone anywhere else.

4. xiao

xiao Member

Yao! the greatest player in rockets!

5. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

Once again...... I am speaking as a fan of the Houston Rockets and for the city of houston. Look at the thread title "Which Rockets player past or present have been loyal to the City of Houston?"

staying within the topic, I feel like YAO should not even be on there!!!
    being loyal does not mean playing for it only. being loyal means giving more than that.

you bringing up Kobe or players in the team USA does not make sense at all. Are you telling me that Kobe is more loyal to team USA than he is to the Lakers?? come on man, just think.

and if you read my post, I did say that olympics is a huge thing and I understand if one wants to represent their country for an event of such magnitude. But to go there every summer, knowing you get injured because you put too much stress on your body and still not seeing where your priorities fall...... then Yao is the dumbest 7' 5" giant I have ever known.

I hope he does not get injured next year for us....... but if he does, he needs to stay in China and play there for his country for the rest of his life.

as a true rockets fan, I only have patience for one more season, one more chance........

but until Yao grows up and shows what he can do for this city.... he is but no value to me as a fan.

6. A00man

A00man Member

Haha, I love these posts. We see why Yao is almost leading this poll.

7. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

Another Yao fan.... haha, all I can do is laugh at your ignorance

it should be more like "Yao, the only player in China"

or "Yao, the most disappeared in Rockets"

8. Guru

Guru Member

Haha, I wonder why...

I wasn't going to waste my time and respond to you, but everyone else seemed to be doing so... :D

9. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

They are all close, the dream part i dont know think we was just listening to offers.

10. xiao

xiao Member

and you, the most wanted in China.

11. xiao

xiao Member

if you know the reason why he is the franchise player ,you know why he is greatest.

12. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

Hahaha. That's the best you can do. I have nothing against China, but I pity yao lovers like you...

"oh he is the greatest..... if you realize he is the franchise, then you will realize he is the greatest" come on.. cut the crap

he is real good when he is on the court.... only when he is ON the court!!

you can go cry about Yao when he gets injured again........

13. Guru

Guru Member

There are only 2 reasons why he is the "franchise" player. The population in China and all the marketing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ he brings for Les.

If you think its because of his game, you should watch a few non Rockets NBA games and see there are many many many players better than him; and if Les was concerned with anything else but the money (which i understand) Yao might have been packaged with Bobby Jackson for the likes of Okafur and Wallace some time ago.

14. Guru

Guru Member

I can't edit my post.

I want to clarify, I have nothing against him and China...but he can't stay healthy and for that reason only I would be willing to trade him. And healthy or not, stop thinking he would take this team anywhere by himself. He needs T-Mac just as much as T-Mac needs him!!!!

15. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

Come on Xiao.... wake up!!!

fans like you make this city dumber!! its not that hard to look at this siuation... its about the money Yao is still here...

and it will be about the money if Yao does not get packaged. but if he gest injured again, trust me, the fans will make him leave....

16. xiao

xiao Member

great dosen't not mean healthy, no matter on the court or not ,he is highly respected always. pity you rocket fans.

17. Guru

Guru Member

And there is your answer...

Dude, he may be a great individual and most humble human and blah blah blah...but that doesn't win championships!!!!!!

18. xiao

xiao Member

nobody says one could win a champion for a team by himself, i just want to say that ,please respect chinese fans, cuz millions of people there never stop supporting rockets, no only Yao.

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Wow, this post is equally ridiculous. 7'6 skilled Centers don't come often. In fact, I doubt we see another player like Yao. You do realize that there have been two other Chinese players in the NBA and they weren't exactly franchise players. In fact, one of them just got traded. Praise the lord that you are posting here instead of working in a NBA front office.

20. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

if we are "rocket fans".... then who the heck are you??? Yao fan???

if so, clutchfans is not the right place for you buddy.... this forum is about the Rockets, not Yao

Im sure there are a million Yao fan forums you can join and meet all your ignorant yao lovers there!

and who cares if he is highly respected!!! so was Hitler with some ppl

I don't care, all I care about is the HOUSTON ROCKETS.... and if he cares about the same thing, then I will care about him. Right now, he is a selfish person in front of me!!