1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst 5 Players to ever wear a Rockets Uniform

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by adagio75, Jul 16, 2008.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Rod Strickland, V-Span and Ryan Bowen were the first names to come to mind.

Seriously, does anybody remember how bad Strickland was when he signed with us a few years back?

2. slmonky

slmonky Member

how about this player?

[​IMG]

??

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Remember Reece Gaines from a few years back? Man, that guy was terrible.

4. Raibonsters

Raibonsters Member

hahaha strickland, what a beast, j/p. but seriously, wow yeah i remember that guy. rod strickland, wow. why did we sign him again?

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Strickland was a very good PG..like 4 years before we signed him

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

You guys who don't like Buck Johnson and Allen Leavell don't know what you are talking about.

Who was the player that tried to stab another player with a butter knife? I pick him as the worst Rocket ever.

7. kturner77

kturner77 Member

LOL! Hilarious!! umm... I think if my memory serves me correctly, that washed up alcoholic would be Cedric "Cornbread" Maxwell... would anyone like to help me on this one? :D Zan Tabak!! wow! he was HORRIBLE!

8. kturner77

kturner77 Member

Okay, I am on crack, that "washed-up alcoholic" was Vin Baker. My bad, WAY off! BUT...anyone remember Cornbread?? :p

9. verti89

verti89 Member

When I think of worst players to ever wear a Rox uni can only think of one player...RYAN BOWEN. This guy like literally makes me want to slap babies he is so bad. Great heart, tries super hard, but that just makes how bad he sucks even worse. You can't dog on Moochie...i mean his afro alone was worthy of wearing the uni. I can't believe people are hating on a guy who lost his life recently, may he rest in peace. Cato is legit...legitimately awful. I had the priviledge of sitting court side at one game when i was younger, sat right next to the ZZ Top guy actually. And I had the privilege of watching Kelvin Cato go head to head with none other than Clipper great, Keith Closs... Oh well.

10. Agentzero

Agentzero Rookie

E.Hayes
    Drexler
    Dream
    M.Malone
    T-MAC

11. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

Richard Petruska

zan tabak

malik badiane - okay, so he never put on a rockets jersey. i'm pretty sure he never even came over to the US. but we drafted him for some reason. I watched a Senegal national team game and this dude rode the bench the whole time. didnt even start! and we expected him to play in the nba?! those were the old days tho, i love morey!

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he plays on memphis's summer league team.

only rookies aren't informed of the latest episode of Malik Badaine!

13. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Why all the hate for Charles Jones? :confused: He may have been old, but he was also old school. He did not really play in the regular season, but the dude come out in the playoffs in 1995 and gave about 10-12 minutes per game hard. He even battled with Shaq some down low during those same playoffs where we swept Orlando and won the title. Say what you will, but he earned what little paycheck he got in those playoffs.

14. vonstar

vonstar New Member

1.ANY JONES BROTHER CHARLES,MAJOR,CALDWELL. 2.BRENT PRICE 3.KELVIN CATO 4.MAURICE TAYLOR 5.MOOCHIE 6.BRYCE DREW 7.V-SPAN 8.STEVE HARRIS 9.Conner Henry 10.ANY PLAYER KNICK PLAYER AQUIRED BY J.V.G.

15. leibs2002

leibs2002 Member

kelvin Cato
    Bryce Drew
    Scottie "Trippin" Pippen
    Stromile Swift
    Ryan Bowen

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Man, Kunnert was simply horrible! He couldn't move at all - it was like watching the precursor to Shawn Bradley!

I forgot to add Steve Harris. I was around to see Rudy White steal money from the Rockets.

You know, this little exercise offers up one of the reasons why I generally lack emotion for this franchise as I've seen them cycle through so many bad players over the past 30 years that I've learned to curb my enthusiasm. I like your list.

17. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

No way, dude... I remember Carlos Rogers playing very well with us during his short tenure here. He was like the late 90's version of Carl Landry, man...

I agree with all the rest of em, though...

Another one I didn't see mentioned... Tyronn Lue!

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Last seen as a standout in the Euroleague for Milano. Europe is catching up! :eek:

19. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

I had my moments, but overall I was pretty Oliver Miller-esque.

20. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Most likely I don't make the list though.