1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If this is the final roster can we win a title?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texanskan, Jul 8, 2008.

Tags:
?

Can this roster win a title

1. Yes-we need to just stay Healthy

149 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. No-needs more than Barry

170 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Landry , battier , chuck, novak , ARE ALL NO SHOWS.

If they are supposed to be your winning pieces to a championship. YOU have got to be joking. hahaha haa

PS: you dare mention novak ?!?!?! I laugh once again haa haa

2. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

For those who whine about the Gay/Swift for Battier trade, I have questions concerning Rudy Gay. If he was a Rocket in his rookie season, does he get to play as much as he did in Memphis? I doubt it. Also, if he winds up not getting very significant PT, do we really have a chance to see what he could do?

I feel that everyone who whines about that trade needs to keep in mind that he got the PT there with the Grizzlies, and has had the chance to show everyone what he can do over the past two seasons because he's playing for a bad team. Also, let's be glad the team was able to get rid of the bad contract they had with Swift.

As far as this team's chances of winning a title is concerned, even with a healthy Yao and McGrady, they would still not be good as long as T-Mac would settle for jumpers rather than take the ball to the hole. Also, the team would need to be playing a lot more of RA's motion offense as well as better PG play to have any chance of winning the NBA title.

I would sure find it interesting to see how well the team does over the course of next season and the playoffs if Scola and Yao could play in the starting lineup together, especially in the playoffs.

3. Chamillionaire

yao is dominant, mac is still a top tier perimeter player, scola and landry can handle the 4, battier is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and has a great shot. we need to move rafer to the bench, get a pg who can score, get dimes, defend and shoot the rock.

hinrich?

barry?

jason terry?

4. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

With that roster, I don't think we will win a title. I don't expect too much from Barry... If we can add a consistent 3rd scoring option who can take the ball to the rack, then I would say yes..

5. The_Nine_Gates

There is a big difference between can we win a title and will we win a title?

Can we win a title with this roster? It's possible.

Will we win a title with this roster? Doubtful.

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

If Morey is telling the truth! I hope not, then we can expect more of the same next season. The west is getting stronger and with the limitations of our two starts ( shut down Yao and Tracy and you beat the Rockets), by adding Role players we are not headed in the right direction to become a contender. :p

7. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

bingo....i smell i smell ......another first round exit :mad:

8. TmacsRockets

TmacsRockets Rookie

Please you are joking right?

This team will go all the way this year. Watch.

9. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

We need a better PG and backup c.

10. LoveRoxHateJazz

In April, remember 53% of this board voted we could not win a title.