1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest requests trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Bassfly, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

This should be repeated over and over and over again.

For those that don't like the guy, fine....but don't give me the "you can't win with troubled players" speech..especially not on a board where Vernon Maxwell is so revered.

2. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I think he will be traded out of the western conference all together. Sac doesn't want to help Adelman, we're a western conference team, and their asking price may be too high. I personally would not have a problem with a package like thacabbage suggested. An asking price of Scola though, I am against.

On side note: Artest is a nut ... I don't think it's not a good idea to be representing himself. It will too distracting once the regular season starts, if he's not traded before then. Hope he comes to his senses for his own good.

3. The_Nine_Gates

If the asking price is really Scola and Battier then the Kings can go F themselves. No way in hell is a head case like Artest worth that.

4. Raven

Raven Member

As I've said before, Artest represents everything wrong with modern professional sports. I'm very much torn on the Rockets going after him. He brings everything the Rockets need, but he's such a narcissistic impulsive jerk. He truly could lift the franchise to a championship level or he could destroy the entire season with one boneheaded stunt. My biggest concern is Artest being traded a Western Conference team. That would be disastrous.

5. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://www.collegejournal.com/article/SB121373040398081759.html

7. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I thought I read somewhere last season that Adelman didn't like coaching him.

8. blender

blender Member

Maybe I'm reading too much into the news reports, but it sounds like Artest has pretty much got his heart set on the Lakers. I don't get the feeling that he'd be completely happy joining Houston and a not-completely-happy Artest is potential for disaster.

Unless the Rockets can get assurances that he's ready and willing to play for the Rockets over the Lakers, it may be better to pass.

Not that they're in the running anyways. :p

9. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

No doubt that he would be the cheapest third scorer we can possibly get.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

What? JR Rider is not available?

;)

DD

11. Lgasiii

Lgasiii Member

12. AAAproduction1

kings probally want scola in a package. i would do it in a hartbeat.

13. killer instinct

I don't think is as easily replaced on some may think.

Battier and filler or not happening IMO.

14. ACL1

ACL1 Member

Not scola, But Goodbye landry, and head in a sign and trade. Landry is young, and has upside for the rebuilding kings, this way he can get paid, Head is there for the salary, Heck i will even throw in Novak.

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Not for any of our regulars......you don't take the chemistry risk with a team that won 55 games last year minus their best player.

Artest has never led a team anywhere, and he is flakier than Tony the tiger.

If you can get him for expirings and not get hampered with Kenny Thomas contract, then fine...otherwise....pass.

It is funny to see people thinking the grass is greener....when in reality it is on fire...

Artest is a knucklehead extreme, he would hurt this team's chances more than help it.

DD

#95 DaDakota, Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  16. killer instinct

Landry and below will not get it done IMO.

17. jpchou

jpchou Member

Everybody says "Maloofs won't trade Artest to Houston because they don't want to help Adelman."

But, you are assuming that the Maloofs thinks that an Artest to Houston would actually help Adelman. Remember, they haven't given Artest an extension - they haven't even talked to him this summer. Perhaps not a coincidence. They didn't want him to walk without getting anything in return.

If the price is right, the Maloofs may want to do a trade with the Lakers or Houston if they believe his liabilities outweigh his assets....

18. Convictedstupid

Artest is way to much of a drama queen I think. If you bring him here, I am willing to bet everything I own that he would screw up the chemistry.

Chemistry is key, and the rockets right now have great chemistry. Dont mess up a good thing.

19. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

I would love to trade for artest, here are a few packages i would agree to.

Option A:
    Luther Head
    Luis Scola
    1st Round 2009

Option B:
    Shane Battier
    2nd Round 2009

Option C:
    Aaron Brooks
    Luther Head
    2nd Round 2009

If we retained Scola and lost Battier:

Our starting lineup could be something like: Alston, T Mac, Artest, Scola, Yao
    and Artest would just easily replace the role of Battier, give us a lot more post up players and rebounding, however we would give up that shut down defender for the 2 guard (how battier is able to stop guys like Kobe, Carmello, Ray Allen, etc.).

If we retained Battier and lost Scola
    Our Starting lineup would be: Alson, T Mac, Battier, Artest, Yao

We would dominate on Defense. Driving would be impossible due to the great up front defenders we already have, and if they do get by they still have Yao down low. If for some reason they outsize us down low, we can spell T Mac and have Battier move to the 2, artest at 3, and put Joey Dorsey at 4.

There are so many combinations we can do, this is why I would rather retain Battier because he can hit the open shot better and is a different player than artest, so artest would just be an upgraded scola, along with everyhting we already have. If we lost Battier, we would have two similiar players in our starting lineup and we would have a few weaknesses. I love scola dont get me wrong, but artest is more experienced, better offensively and defensively. And has better chemistery with his teamates.

Go get him morey!

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You can just tell the people that have an idea about what it is like to build a team of people etc, versus those that can't see the forest through the trees.

I am glad that Morey understands team building......because so many here do not.

DD