1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looking for Hotdogs in Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ToyCen428, Jun 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. zeyn

zeyn Member

and sams club serves nathans hotdogs (at least the one on i-10 and highway 6

2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

If you're talking about Miami Subs, I definitely remember that place (I'm in Florida). And you're correct that they served Nathan's. Miami Subs has steadily been on the decline since I can remember, so I'm not sure if they exist anymore.

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Only place I really eat hotdogs in Houston is James Coney Island and sometimes Hotdog Station in Sugar Land

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I'm puzzled why people are making a big deal about processed meat catered to the fast food industry...then again I've had some hotdogs from this place called Gene and Jude's at Chicago and I liked it way better then what I've had in Htown.

Out of curiousity, I tried that DemmDawgs, it was a hotdog stand outside a thrift store, I liked it but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there again, plus they wanted take a pic of you for their myspace, kinda creepy.

5. TheMountainTop

Oh yeah. Has anyone ever been to Weinerschnietzel?

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Since we're all over the place now, if you're ever in Vancouver the JapaDog hot dog stand is pretty good (a few blocks from Robson). Wasabi mayo is god-like.

7. TheMountainTop

I hate wasabi. YUK!

8. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

I have, its ok at best

9. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

You can make a good hot dog at Fuddruckers

10. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

There is a place (isnt NY) on Airline called Chicago Hot Dogs. Thats where I go to eat hot dogs. Try a Pol/Char with everything on it. So good man.

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

the chili dog at fudruckers is indeed fantastic.

12. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Where I come from (which is Mars, apparently), there would be this little corner store that sold hotdogs 2/$1. Bring $2 and get 4 hotdogs. You can get them all the way with chili, onions, pickles, coleslaw, ketchup and mustard or any other way you want. Guy who ran the place told me he sold over 500 a day. Which is incredible for a small town of only 200 people.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Try a Slaw Dog at Kahn's deli. wow!

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the whole concept of putting coleslaw on everything under the sun is foreign to texans. my wife is from arkansas. when i went to vist her and ordered a chopped beef sandwich at a bbq restaurant, I was shocked to discover cole slaw on it. It wasn't on the menu...it just came that way. As if it was assumed that everyone would want it that way. Eww.

15. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Anyone ever try the Grilled Footlong Hotdog at Lenny's Sub Shop? I've seen it on the menu, but I have never tried it.

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Well that sounds awesome, except for the coleslaw, pickles, and ketchup on a chili dog part.

Frankly (pun intended) I'm amazed at how bad we are overall with hot dogs in Houston. I think of Nathan's in NY, Pink's in LA (forget the celebs, look at those hot dogs), etc. I can't believe we don't have a really good hot dog stand like those places. The only reason I like JCI is for the nostalgia. I don't even go unless it's something like a special promotion like their current 85c originals on selected thursdays to celebrate their 85th anv.

17. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Id like to try Fudd's dogs but I just dont wanna pay all that money for a hotdog. Not when Im use to 2/$1.... :(

18. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I've kind of adopted the coleslaw on bbq sandwich thing myself. I don't usually eat bbq by myself or an individual order like a chopped beef sandwich, I usually get a couple of pounds of sliced brisket to bring home for friends and family. I'll take some buttered texas toast, moisten the bread a bit with bbq sauce, put on a layer of coleslaw, then some slices of brisket, bbq sauce on the brisket, then i cover it liberally with those peppered sweet onions. Damn, I'm hungry now.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You can get a huge hot dog or polish sausage + a drink at CostCo for $1.50.

20. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Can't wait for the one at Richmond & Weslayan to open later this year...