1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Football/Soccer]EURO2008

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rz04, Jun 2, 2008.

1. rz04

rz04 Member

there was a italian player out of bounds on that play, he was lying down behind the goal.

2. rz04

rz04 Member

doesn't matter now :D

I am surprised that Italy didn't put Del Peiro on alot sooner, he seems to be the only one who actually look like he knows what he's doing on the Italian offense.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm apparently watching a feed that doesn't care about the camera angles. Looked like he could have still been on the moment the shot was taken from the angle they replayed. I think it's a Romanian feed. I have no idea what language it's in.

4. lalala902102001

That should not affect the offset call if I understand the rules correctly. The player was not off the court and should be treated like a pedestrian.

5. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Damn! What a complete domination by the Dutch, I certainly didn't see this coming against the Italians of all teams. That being said, an entertaining game and I have no problem with the outcome...it's a win-win!

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

HOOOOLLLLLLLLLAAAAAANNNNDDD

I'm so happy. i have been watching with a couple of friends, what a game.

Everybody played great, i'm really happy Boulahrouz got the chance, he played amazing. Sneijder was amazing, Van der Vaart played great, Van Bronckhorst was the reason it becam 2-0 and not 1-1, first he kicks a ball from the goal line, then he runs up the field and gives the assist to kuyt who heads it to sneijder for the 2-0.

I'm so happy. I didn't expect this, i really thought we would have a lot of problems with Toni, but even our defense was solid, and of course we have Van der Sar.

7. Heath

Heath Member

The Italian behind the line was in play as he was free to reenter on his own, thus there was no offside on the play. The rules differ if the player is taken out for threatment and need the refs permission to re-enter the field - then he would not be in play and then it would have been offside.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

While many picked Italy and France to advance from this group before the Tourney, I actually liked Holland a lot. I think you guys have a right mix group of guys right into their primes(same is true for Portugal). Van Percy didn't even start in this rout and Roben/Babel is out with injuries, this is how scary this Dutch team is. Beautiful point of switch attack mixed with long and short accurate dagger passes, this is the total football I am talking about. You guys just showed Poland, the switch attack wanna be under Leo Beenhakker, how to really execute it and finish it. I think you guys can go far.

Is Roben out of the Tourney completely or just this one game.

9. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

That kind of makes sense, otherwise teams could just have a defender stand out of bounds by the goal and run out if anybody gets behind the defense.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

You got it.

This was a good goal. No arguments whatsoever. It's unfortunate Italy gave up a goal like that, but nonetheless it's a good goal.

Onto Italy, I won't rule them out just yet. The group is pretty open, thanks to the 1:1 draw between France and Romania. France didn't look good at all. I cannot believe the same French core that have been playing for more than a decade are still playing. Italy on the other hand is a little better, but their defense which they pride on, is pretty poor in today's game.

11. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

OLE OLE OLE!!!

What a game! Didn't get to watch it live but didn't know the outcome. Beautiful soccer from the Dutch! They may not have the most skillfull team as they usually do but this team has heart. They were outworking Italy the entire game, pressuring every ball and even toying with them with the beautiful ball control. Punkass flopping Italians deserved to be humbled, and my boy Ruud with the offsides goal adds insult to injury, beautiful! (although apparently the rule is the player off the field counts so it's not offsides).

I am a big Kuyt hater but mad props to him, he played all over the field and was impressive for once. Can't wait for Friday!

Should I waste my time watching the France game or is it as aweful as it sounds?

12. arno_ed

He will also not play against France, but we hope he will be there for the romania game. The injury was less bad then we originally thought.

Rivaldo2181, I shouldn't watch the france romania game, it really is a waste of time. It was a boring draw, the only thing that made it a bit exciting was that i really wanted it to be a draw. But now you know the score there is no point in watching.

13. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Awesome win for the Dutch. I've never thought the Italians were that good to begin with, even when they won the WC. However I'm really glad France didn't win. I've hated the French team since they won it a few WC's ago.

I'm rooting for Spain this year since they have 2 of Liverpool's players. A little nervous because Hiddink has a really good history at the international stage.

14. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I figured, saw the highlights and seemed like France dominated but couldn't score. Anelka was terrible on his shooting, he made amazing moves to get free and then shot worse than an amature. France without Zidane is just garbage.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Really? I think Holland is better w/o Robben. I don't care for his style of play and I don't think it fits the rest of the team...at least not what I saw yesterday. I think they're better off leaving him at home.

16. arno_ed

If we play like we played yesterday we do not need him, however he is a player that can create when things aren't going good. We need such a player, because i do not expect us to play this good for the entire tournament.

Lets see what Hiddink can do with russia against spain.

17. rz04

rz04 Member

I think group D is very underrated.

Of course theres Spain, but Greece and Russia has the potential to make some noise. And I wouldn't be surprised if Sweden has a good showing.

18. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

SPAIN 2-0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

F.Torres, the golden boy, wow best player so far in the tourney.

Villa needed that luck with Valencia the past season.

The Russian side is still pretty good, except for shaky defense at the back. Why that Liverpool defender(skittle) not playing for them?

20. surrender

surrender Member

He's Slovak

¡DOS A CERO ESPAÑA!