1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Impact of the Lottery Draw on the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, May 20, 2008.

1. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

Money.

Chicago need lots of it. Solution: replace Hinrich with a rookie contract (Rose) and re-sign Gordon and Deng.

I think it's not QUITE enough to offer for Hinrich, but very close IMO. I would give them Bobby Jaxx, Steve Francis and our first rounder this year for Hinrich and their first rounder next year.

We get our upgrade at PG, which puts us over the top IMO, and a better draft pick next year (what are the chances Chicago is in the top 10 teams next year?).

Yao
    Landry/Scola
    Battier
    T-Mac
    Hinrich/Rafer

I can see Hinrich and Brooks in the backcourt too with Hinrich handling and Brooks scoring. Yao/Landry/T-Mac/Hinrich/Brooks is a team that can really fastbreak.

2. ssp0929

ssp0929 Member

Chicago may need money, but they're not that desperate. Unless they want to pull off another dumb move like the Timberwolves/Seattle did with the Celtics last off-season.

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Didn't see this posted anywhere but:

Do you think we should try and get rid of Luther Head this off-season????????

4. BetterThanEver

For the same reason, they would take Kwame Brown over Pau Gasol. The Rockets did the same thing with V-Span and Scola with the Spurs.

Chicago want money as much the Spurs and Grizzlies. Why should the Rockets deny them? :cool:

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

My previous post looks kind of silly now that this has been merged into the first thread!

Just making a joke about not noticing Hinrich trade proposals and starting a new thread...

But I agree with the guys who say it's all about the money! Clubs do odd things to clear long term salaries. Hinrich is coming off a bad season - could be the time strike and offer them Luther Head who is full of 'potential'.

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I really like your thinking about trading for Bobby Jackson and Luther for Hinrich and swapping picks, and I'd love that trade.

But first of all the salaries don't even add up. And second of all Chicago isn't even rebuilding so do they really need to dump salaries that much? Probably not to the extent you're implying.

I think its safe to say Chicago will take Rose, and we will need to PULL ALL OUR EFFORTS INTO GETTING HINRICH!

I'd say

Rafer
    Bobby Jackson
    Steve Novak(over 50% 3 pt shooter anyone)
    1st rounder

for

Hinrich
    next year's first rounder

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

sry for the double post but just to correct my previous trade proposal:

Rafer
    Bobby Jackson
    1st rounder

for

Hinrich
    2nd rounder

Hinrich isn't THAT much better than Rafer and Rafer has a much better contract so I'm thinking this would be a more even trade, but I needed to make the deal slightly better for them as obviously other teams would want Hinrich and so an average offer won't land us Hinrich