1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade with the Bulls no matter what

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrjohn, May 21, 2008.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The NBA system for trades is so restrictive. Forcing the trades to match up in salary is absurd as the luxury tax and salary cap should already be enforcing the principle that one team cannot trade away all its assets just to dump salary. How about an innocuous concept like having one team pay a portion of a traded player's salary?? Seriously if it were not for the 36 million I would love to get Hinrich, but as it is I think Morey can do better with less.

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I still can't figure out what the love affair with Hinrich is. He's a career 41% shooter, adequate defender(I think Skip may be better) I guess the above average 3pt shooting is what draws interest. IMO he's a higher paid Rafer. No thanks. Deng is all I'd want from Chicago.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm on the Hinrich bandwagon... I'd say if we could pull him w/o giving up Yao, Tmac, Battier, Scola, Landry or Brooks - do it. Maybe BJ, RA and Hayes + a draft pick... BJ, Head and 1st round pick... or somesuch. I'd actually wouldn't mind keeping RA - Hin/RA/AB would make a formidable tandem at PG.... then look to dump RA's contract a year from now, after AB has another year to learn, and a duo of Hinrich and Brooks is our future - Hinrich to manage the half court offense with Yao and Brooks to run the run n gun second string.

4. adagio75

adagio75 Member

Look i would take a stromile swift or tyrus thomas any day of the week! Athletiscism is always good to have.

5. abita

abita Member

Right, who needs a brain when you have athletiscism? :rolleyes:

6. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

when a player only depends on athleticism, they are not going to last long in the league, so i rather get a play WITH atleast brains and athleticism

7. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

eddy curry says hi!!

8. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Deng/Gordon would be a perfect fit on this team, if they would take T-Back/Battier for them this would be a dream come true.......sadly won't ever happen.

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

What? The Bulls would jump on that - I'd think the Rockets would ask for more.

My dream: McGrady for #1, Hughes, Noah, Sefolosha -- Draft Rose.

Star PG's are taking over the league. I think Rose will start having a greater impact on games than Tmac would within three years.

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Don't trade away McGrady! Certainly never in that trade. Apart from Rose, the rest of the players you mentions from the Bulls are all junk. Hughes??! Hes got a "I-just-wanna-play-my-own-style-stuff-winning-just-enjoy-myself" attitude by his own admittion and with a terrible contract. Noah? Noah=Landry. Sefolosha is probably just slightly better than Luther in the regular season.

I do agree that star PGs are dominating games and the league in general. Thats why the best players of today include a whole bunch of Paul,Williams,Calderon. A star or a borderline star is a foremost-priority this offseason.

If we were to trade with the Bulls, we probably should only be considering it seriously if they draft the hometown kid Rose. That means the underperforming Hinrich will be disposable, and we MUST jump at the opportunity in a trade to acquire him. I don't want any of their PFs in our team, we've already got a great PF 1-2 punch in Scola and Landry.

Get either Hinrich or Calderon or at least Andre Miller!

Rafer
    1st round pick
    Luther Head
    Chuck Hayes
    2nd round pick

for

Hinrich

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What's w/ the lovefest for the kids in Chicago?

Hinrich: I'm sorry but the guy is overrated. He's slightly above average, at best, for a point guard. He's a CAREER 41% FG percentage. CAREER. His FT%, turnover:assist, and 3pt FG% are better than Rafer but it's not something that would or could have put us over the top against a team like Utah in the playoffs.
    And at an average of about 9 mil a year for the next 5 years?

Thomas: He's showed flashes of being a good player this past season but can he do anything outside of 10 feet? He would be kind of intriguing next to Yao if he can grab 10+ rebounds a night but, IMO, the guy is still very raw and the last thing we need is another project on an aging and injury prone team.

Gordon: He's one dimensional. Sure his one dimension is something this team needs, but he's a liability on defense, undersized for a two guard, and is quicker to hoist a shot up than Mike James. This guy is what we all want Luther Head to turn into (6th man with instant offense).

Deng: He's the one guy that still has room in his game for growth. His all around game isn't great but it can be with good health and some seasoning. If the Bulls weren't going to part Deng for Garnett, there's no way they're gonna give Deng up for anything less.

Noah: A future Ben Wallace. He can crash the boards and play defense but even Landry has more of an all around game than Noah does.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

The trade was for Rose, the rest of the players were to make salaries match. I'm sure Noah/Sefolosha will come in useful as add ons to later trades.

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Well I wouldn't trade McGrady for Rose straightup. But the solid line is Morey said we won't breaking up our core.

And taking back terrible contracts like Hughes' don't help either.

Either way we must find a way to get Hinrich if they pick Rose. Although I prefer Calderon better.

14. Seth

Seth Member

You can always offer Gordon 2 years at the full MLE, he will most likely bite as i donĀ“t see many teams offering more.

I say Deng is also an option if we can somehow trade Battier. But most likely an option that will also force us to rebuild some stages of our game.

15. Deep Six Bomber

Morey will say anything he needs to get the job done. His words often belie his intentions. Every player has a price. For the right price, Yao would go. Lebron could be traded in the right situation.

BTW, the Bulls players suck. Rafer is a much better value as a player then Hinrich.

16. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

I'll let you in on the conspiracy, but keep it on the down low. ;)

We want Hinrich so bad because he is regressing and soon will be untradable by himself. Most of the people on this board have Yao and Scola/Landry on their Fantasy teams.

When we acquire Hinrich all of our offensive rebounds should go up across the board. Also, if Hinrich keeps turning the ball over quickly we'll get it back sooner and have more chances for Yao to score since we won't be using up so much of the shot clock passing the ball around to get it to that extra open man. :cool:

Just be sure your league gives more points for offensive boards than defensive ones. :)