1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rasho exercised player option

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, May 19, 2008.

1. mig0s

mig0s Member

If we could get Rasho, he would be the perfect backup for Yao. Yao could play less and would be more efficient while Rasho filling up his minutes for the rest of the game. Anyways, I think a high caliber PG would be our primary concern since we got Deke for another year.

**Oh yeah also a backup for T-Mac.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/nesterovic_051608.html

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

With Deke returning, backup center definitely takes a backseat to adding a wing with length and the ability to score and another point guard.

I would like Rasho as a back up center if he was affordable, but I expect he'll get more money than he's worth. Big men always do.

3. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

He was putting up some great numbers in the last few weeks of the regular season. Some team will over-pay him... I hope it is not us. But yeah, he would be a good back-up Center

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

umm, he exercised his player option, meaning he is NOT a FA, just like Francis his exercised his player option and is staying with us. You make it seem like he's a FA.

5. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

...I don't really like Rasho for the Rockets. He's too old for one thing (32) and he's a bit of a stiff...and he's never struck me as a good defensive player.

What I think the Rockets need is a young, athletic defensive-minded center a la Diop.

6. Milad

Milad Member

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

He excerised player's option to opt out???

8. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Do not want

9. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

He could be a good back up Center, but Morey should concentrate more on the point guard posting and on the 2 and 3 position.

10. dividend

dividend Member

this thread is confusing... unless you're suggesting a package deal with Calderon :D

11. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Yao, Mutombo, Scola and even a little bit of Hayes can play C.

Rafer is Rafer and Battier can only score from 1 place on the court. Considering Rasho took an $8.4m option, there are probably other issues to resolve.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Reading comprehension isn't one of the strong suits here in Clutchfan land.

13. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

first of all OP, it appears he took his option to REMAIN a raptor. second of all, having used him on my fantasy team last year, i can guarantee you that Toronto isn't exactly looking to move him. he had a hell of a second-half-of-the-season. only way is if they make some panic trades b/c of their frustrating playoff finish.

14. rocketslover

rocketslover Rookie

do you guys hate the spurs?

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Some posters do, others like the Spurs. I sort of liked them and respect them they are a good franchise, I like far more than I do Jazz, Lakers, Mavs, Suns, and etc.

They're champions, they're not prima donnas (like y'know who), humble (even their superstar is humble), they're not in big market, they play great on both ends of the floor, take nothing for granted, know how to win, and etc.

People say that they are boring, but the same team in New York or Boston, and you have an all time great dynasty.