1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy in his hey day.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-mac&Yao=RING, May 16, 2008.

1. Milad

Milad Member

I feel so sorry for poor Ralph. The guy could have been one of the best ballers by all-time, instead he just got out of jail...

Well, at least we can be happy that Olajuwon did what he did and wasn't stopped by any injury. But damn, I still watch those old games from the 80's and think, "WHAT IF...?".

2. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

I was never aware that it was old rat tooth Okur that McGrady dunked on in the Detroit game, LOL.

3. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Damn, those Orlando teams were awful.
    Not to try to glorify Tmac, but that starting five in the video is just awful..

4. tencee

tencee Member

tracy is the most talented!!!go go go go :eek:

5. sook

sook Rookie

Drew Gooden, Giricek...im gonna stop right there haha this move on giricek was the sickest i've ever seen tmac do, i think he did it to Kobe while in orlando too

LOL TMAC vs ALL 5 JAZZ (breaks giricek's ankles also)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FtpWVp07A14&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FtpWVp07A14&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

You guys will never appreciate McGrady of the here and now until he's gone from the team or from the league altogether. He's easily, IMO, the most talented backcourt player to ever lace 'em up in Rockets unis. The guy is a freak, a freak who's had to deal with freak injuries over his career that have taken their toll, and is still easily one of the top handful of players at his position, and still easily a franchise player who can lead a team of role players into the playoffs.

Between him and Yao, just appreciate the ridiculous talent you get to experience every other night as a Rockets fan. The truth is we're spoiled as hell, and all fans know how to do is complain bitterly and endlessly about any and everything that falls short of perfection. If your biggest gripe about McGrady is that he "isn't Kobe," or about Yao is that he "isn't Shaq/Dream," then consider yourself the luckiest SOB fan on the planet (or second luckiest, however you prefer to see it).

Spoiled brats...

#46 tigermission1, May 18, 2008
    Last edited: May 19, 2008
  7. quickballah

quickballah Member

Thank you for making this comment...I'm glad im not the only one who sees it this way

8. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

You are getting diminishing returns from Tracy, he’s obviously not as aggressive as he once was, nor as athletic. It’s funny how some of you guys put him on a pedestal, as though he’s still a top 5 player in the game and disregard the shortcomings in his play. He gets paid like a top 5 player...would you rather have this money spent on depth or would you rather have one star player who’s becoming a bigger liability every season? It`s obvious the Yao & Tracy experiment needs to end.

9. sook

sook Rookie

Why...when everything was actually MESHING this season? Thats what kicked us off to our streak, sorry trading either of those means we are in the rebuilding process which is dumb to do

SG-check
    Center - Check
    Pf- Check

The addition of Scola and Landry made us that much better, if we can get a decent PG we should be all set

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

yo ChrisBosh, you think we can trade him for chris bosh?

11. sook

sook Rookie

Chris Bosh even looks like a raptor, he belongs there

12. Astockmarketgod

Like I keep saying Tmac left a pretty good Toronto Team his 3rd year... a team the next year made it past the first round atleast.... and one that could have made it to the Finals with Tmac on the team...

but he made the choice... the choice to go to a team where he could be the "man"

13. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Tracy didn't know he would be the man in Orlando, everyone thought is was going to be Grant Hill.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the magic recruited grant hill AND tim duncan before tracy. tracy signed after grant hill signed. nobody thought grant hill was done. so therefore, tmac was still the "2nd guy" when he signed that deal. but grant's injury gave him the opportunity to become "the man." big difference.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

McGrady is the Ken Griffey Jr. of the NBA.

I never bought into the no heart argument. Injuries are what limited him.

16. vmac

vmac Member

Yeah, back injury is a mofo. I miss the days when T-Mac used dunk on anyone almost at will. :(

17. bbinchina

bbinchina Member

so cute

18. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

I agree... He was just amazing and unstoppable, and he is one of the main reasons I picked up a basketball!! He's one of my all time favorite players and IMO one of the 50 greatest ever (they need to redo that list btw).

He was great that first year in Houston too!! And when he scored 13 in 35 to steal that game... "MCGRADY FOR THE WIN?????!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I still think he is a top 10 player in this league when healthy and motivated.

I'll pray for a healthy season for both he and Yao Ming b/c those to together is a thing of beauty.

word to your mother :cool:

19. bloop

bloop Member

ralph was super hype in the 80s, I was a kid back then but I cant really think of a big man who was as hyped during that period before his injury, basically everyone projected him to be the next WILT aka best of all time, forget being a top 10 guy like kareem

talking about a deferred clutch city, Im sure some guy in boston would like to talk about len bias... their championship run of 08 could have happened all through the 90s too

you wonder how jordan's legacy could have been affected if all these dudes hadn't cleared out for him. a len bias led boston team would have been a roadblock every year for him in the east and sampson and hakeem would have owned the west well into the 90s... basically he hit a very sweet spot between the decline of old superstars like bird, magic, and isaiah and before shaq, tim duncan etc

20. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Tracy is still an all-star caliber player. Yes, his body is breaking down on him, but even when he is healthy he is capable of playing with the best of him. In the league today he is in the top 5 guards.