1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Offseason 2008: What do the Rockets do?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2008.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Stop biatching how unlucky we are, last time I check there were only 4 teams that won the title in the last decacde, our foundation is solid compared with most of other teams.
    I still blame rudy.t for screwing up our roster and till this day we still feel it. Eddie was a mistake, how about boki? JVG didnt develop this team either. I feel morey and RA are onto thr right track to surround yao and tmac with right players. I will give this team another year or two before make any judgement.

2. drich

drich Member

artest we could have if we are lucky and he opts out, and if not trade battier away for him. really not hurt us on the defensive side of the ball but this trade would help on the offensive side. after doing this go and make the trade to bring in mike miller by giving away head and bobby jax as expiring contracts. i personally would hate to see bobby jackson leave cause he has a great value at back up pg. hopefully francis is healthy and can take this spot of the bench. after doing this sign diop as a backup center. we would have a nice line up of this here oh yeah i would like to gerald green given another chance.

rafer,francis,brooks
    tmac,miller,green
    artest,harris,novak
    scola,landry
    yao,diop

this would be a fighting chance to win the championship

3. HouRealCoach

HouRealCoach Member

Jackson, Head+2nd Rounder for Mike Miller....

Battier, Brooks for TJ Ford....

Alston, Hayes, Harris for S. Blake, Frye....

Sign Green & Bonzi

Draft a Bigman

Yao/ **draft pick**/ Woods
    Scola/ Landry
    Green/ Miller/ Novak
    Mcgrady/ Bonzi
    Ford/ Blake/ Francis

~or~

Alston, Harris, Hayes for Maggette

Battier, Brooks for TJ Ford

Sign Green & Bonzi

Draft a bigman

Yao/ **draft pick**/ Woods
    Scola/ Landry
    Maggette/ Green/ Novak
    Mcgrady/ Bonzi/ Head
    Ford/ Jackson/ Francis

4. battousai

battousai Member

what do we need?

simple, a consistent 3rd scorer.

preferrably either a Sg or a SF type. ala mike miller or artest.

Backup C is not a big deal if Deke will play for us one more year.

PG - I think alston, SF, and AB should be able to do the job.

this off season at least during the summer get miller or artest or anyone alike. then we can tweet it as we see fit during the reg season.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

1. Get a better PG
    2. Get an athletic 2 who can penetrate and finish
    3. Backup center
    4. BPA in draft or trade it away for help in areas above.

DD

6. engr chris

engr chris Member

How about this,

Rockets get:

Felton
    Carroll
    1st rd pick

Bobcats get:

Battier
    BJax
    1st rd pick

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Doesn't work because Carroll is in a BYC year. Plus I don't think Felton is going anywhere anyway. The Bobcats PG situation is nearly as bad as ours.

8. Stray_Dog

Stray_Dog Member

I'm still on board with an artest trade. Mostly because I would like to see "knife fighters", as JVG said it, on the roster. One of the things I like seeing is teammates defending teammates, giving hard fouls to players picking on our own (a la Oakley with Jordan). Look at Boston, if someone punks Rondo or something, KG comes right at them. Sura did that in Game 6 in the 2005 playoffs when he just plowed over Josh Howard after punking Yao.

I like Battier and all, but I still think he looks like he should be running for office rather than running with a team. Ship him for some angry hyper aggressive 2 guard with social issues. I want a driving 2guard with no second thoughts about driving in and hurting whoever gets in the way.

I believe the Bjax trade is going to help much much more in the long run.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

If you haven't realised this season is over. BYC statuses will be over. Trades will most likely happen around draft time which is next season.

10. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Get It Done Morey...

11. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

^ Get rid of Headless instead of Brooks or Hayes.

12. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

Why is another point guard so important? I don't quite understand why some of you think that's a priority. With Rafer and then an improved Brooks as the backup that should be good enough at the point. A resurrected Francis would be icing on the cake.

Also, the more I think about it, I'm not sure about Mike Miller if that means giving up a lot talent. I was thinking Boki Nachbar would be just as good of an alternative to Miller at a cheaper price. Boki is a good shooter, also a slasher-type player, and is probably more athletic than Miller.

13. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I doubt Memphis would do it if they don't get some young talent. Believe me, I rather get rid of Head just as much as the next person, but 'm not sure if Memphis would want Head, since he's just another combo guard, like so many of the other Grizzlies already are.

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

For some reason, I think the Rockets should aquire a third scorer and try McGrady at the PG. If not, then the main things as mentioned before for the rockets are.
    1. Work on Luther, if he can't be helped trade him.
    2. Work on Novak, if he cannot develop defense, include him in a trade with luther.
    3. Get a backup center. Loren woods will be going soon.
    4. Get a consistent PG. Alston is not bad, but I think he is better as a backup PG. His 3 is too inconsistent.
    5. I see awesomeness in Harris and Brooks. Harris is a SF, but he seems more like a PF to me. He doesn't dribble, doesn't take 3s (not that I know of). But he is a very strong finisher/dunker. Mike Harris = Landry compliment. As for Brooks, his speed is just too good to be wasted. He can be developed as a player, and he has very very good potentials.
    6. Get Deke a front office job. I don't want him leaving Rockets anytime soon.

My 2 cent.

15. dexkk

dexkk Member

I know this sounds stupid but is there a realistic chance we can get richard jefferson? Isn't it about time the Nets start rebuilding? I would give up Battier, Bobby, with Luther maybe even sign and trade Landry to land him.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think Nets would include Jefferson in the rebuilding phase. But I don't think they'll include Carter :eek:

17. dexkk

dexkk Member

who wants carter? =P

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Actually, if we could somehow get carter without needing to trade away our starting role players. He could actually become a very good compliment. Adding to the fact that he is close cousins with McGrady, chemistry definately does not come into question. Carter is also a good finisher, shooter and clutch player. Not a bad 3rd scorer ay? :rolleyes:

19. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Why do you think T-Mac left Toronto for Orlando? I think chemistry would be a definite issue.

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He left because he was shadowed and did not have a chance to shine. McGrady wanted his own spotlight as well. But they were really young when it happened, so you should be expecting these guys to be looking for a championship instead of personal interests, like steve francis...