1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBADraft.net] Chinese Star's Career Likely Over

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rz04, May 10, 2008.

1. rz04

rz04 Member

http://www.nbadraft.net/draftbuzz075.asp

Could this lead to China playing Yao less since this pretty much cripples their bid for a medal in this year's Olympics?

Or does this mean Yao Ming would have to shoulder more load for the Chinese national team, leading to more minutes and possibly aggravating his previous injuries.

I am sorry for all the heart attacks

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Thanks for the bait and switch.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

And also for caring more about whether or not Yao will play extensively than the fact that a man's life is in danger. :rolleyes:

Lock and Ban.

4. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

Idiotic title on a Rocket's fan board. Just plain stupid. As for the player diagnosed with cancer, my condolences go out to him. I hope they are able to treat it somehow.

5. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

that was stupid, this guy should be demoted an/or banned.

6. rz04

rz04 Member

The title was not changed in anyway from what it was on the website, and my thoughts goes out to the xu, I have seen him play and he is truly a amazing talent.

I asked a legitimate question, would this affect Yao's workload in the Olympics?

While I have no problem with this thread been locked/closed I don't think a demotion/ban warranted.

7. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

We should treat everybody fairly, not treat somebody special because they are a celebrity. There are many others that never get mentioned on this forum and never get time, because they don't ball or are poor.

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Me either. I think some guys are being stupid jumping on that.

This is a serious blow to China. He is/was the biggest thing in China since Yao. Devastating.

9. g1184

g1184 Member

The question is legitimate. It's in the "International Basketball" forum with an unspecified player in the thread title. If it was Yao, it would be in the GARM and the title would have been all caps with twenty exclamation points. The name calling was in poor taste.

They'll load more on Yao. Every country has its "bread and circuses," and the National Team is exactly that to their government. They can't deny the people their entertainment and prized jewel, especially on their home turf, when national pride is at stake. Any other country would also prefer to go down in battle, rather than raise the white flag before the first shot.

I bet Yao prefers it this way too. He'd be a loser if he didn't.

10. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Everyone, according to Asia-Basket:

So thank goodness he's okay.

11. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Yeah, he definitely posted it in the GARM before it was moved, thats why were did the name calling, it was called for and not funny.

12. Milad

Milad Member

Who the hell cares about Yao's playing-time? The poor kid is diagnosed with bonecancer which I hope not but may take his life and all you care about basketball?

Basketball is a freaking game...

13. rz04

rz04 Member

The guys is doing fine.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/article...356201.htm

He will most likely miss the Olympics but from the sound of it I don't think his career will be cut short.

This is a basketball forum, specifically a rockets forum. I think Xu's injury will defiantly push more pressure on Yao. This is a legitimate question for discussion.

As for the title I have said it before I did not change it in anyway. [source]Title of the article. :(

But back to the topic at hand, will this force additional pressure on Yao, more minutes, more pressure to score, etc?

14. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

I'm glad to hear that he will be ok. Now that I know that, I hope they don't work Yao into more injury knowing that even with a full strength team they had no chance of winning. ;)

15. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

My wishes to him. Sadly, osteosarcomas are the worst type of bone cancer. The only treatment is amputation, and commonly the cancer has already spread by then.

16. acerockets

acerockets Member

best wishes to him and i hope he recovers