1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Richie Sexson charges mound for the hell of it or he needs glasses

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, May 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Hilarious
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AzGywBeWT6Q&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AzGywBeWT6Q&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

For a second there I thought he was going to bash the pitcher's face with his helmet.

That would have been great.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Apparently he spent a lot of time in the children's hospital the day (or night) before due to a major illness with his kid. He was apparently tired and stressed out and apologized after the fact.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If I was the catcher, I would have thrown the ball as hard as I could at the back of his head to protect my pitcher. I think catchers should do that more often.

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Damn...that's crazy, but if he's stressed, so the f' what...I did think he was going to bash him in the head with his battign helmet, but just more evidence on why the Rangers suck...

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Sorry for his kid, but F him.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why is it evidence that the Rangers suck considering Sexson is on the Mariners and needlessly charged the mound and threw his helmet and potentially caused additional injury to the Ranger's pitcher who had recently come off the disabled list?

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Where did you see him apologize? Everything Ive read is about him still being an ass about the situation.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/mariners/2004402145_mari09.html

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Rangers just suck period, but I digress...this event is typical of Rangers baseball, meaning, no matter what they do, bad things happen to them...

10. WildSweet&Cool

reminds me of the legend....

<embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=982421353&v=2&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed>

[​IMG]

On August 4th, 1993, 26 year-old Chicago White Sox layer, Robin Ventura, experienced first hand a case of machismo going horribly wrong. The Texas Rangers were playing the Chicago White Sox in the hot summer sun when Nolan Ryan hit the soon-to-be-infamous Ventura with an errant pitch. In what must have seemed like a fabulous idea to Ventura at the time, he charged the mound at Nolan Ryan, who was 20 years the senior of the young, angry batter.

The result is the image you see above. In a move which Ryan later claimed was something he learned to subdue cattle on his ranch, Ryan smiled, took two steps to the left, and proceeded to beat the crap out of the hapless Ventura until another player intervened to protect the young man. That player was all Ryan’s teammate, Ivan “Pudge” Rodriguez, who must have felt really bad for poor little Robin as he had his manhood thrown forever into question as the scene would be played again and again and again…..

At the end of the fracas, to add insult to injury, Ventura was ejected from the game along with White Sox manager, Gene Lamont. As for Nolan Ryan…he was not ejected seeing as how he never left his ground during the entire attack by and subsequent humiliation of Robin Ventura. Ryan did not allow another hit for the rest of the game. When asked about Ventrua's mad dash to the mound, Ryan said, "I think he had a change of heart when he got there."

If you do decide to start a fight in a ballgame, then make damned sure that you are not charging the mound against Nolan freaking Ryan, or you will get Ventura’d.

11. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

There should be more fighting in baseball. They should have atleast one random fight breakout per game. That would be so much fun. I would seriously buy season tickets!

12. codell

codell Contributing Member

Holy cow. Talk about overreacting. That pitch was way high, but right down the middle.

Sexson just performed the baseball equivalent of a "flop".

13. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by MLB Advanced Media :confused:

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

He was looking to charge the mound from the beginning. It's very obvious because he made it seem like the ball was closer than it really was by his ducking and charged without even thinking.

Either way he looks like a moron.

15. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I still haven't seen the video, but from my studies I conclude the Rangers still suck.

17. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I remember when Alou (Rodriguez?) threw a helmet that hit Terry Collins in the head.

18. codell

codell Contributing Member

It was Alou. The Expos and Astros had numerous brawls throughout the 90s.

In one game, Todd Jones threw @ Dennis Martinez while Martinez was on 1st base. :D

Also, Dr. Death Danny Darwin and Henry Rodriguez had a nasty brawl after Darwin felt that Rodriguez showed him up on a home run.