1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car Theft...Venting....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mattj, May 7, 2008.

1. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I have a bedcover on my truck that LOCKS. When I travel with my laptop or even go shopping, I simply put it in the bed an lock the cover. No windows to break and my valuables are safe back there.

2. danny317

danny317 Member

are you matt jackson from SR610? :eek:

sorry to hear your stuff got jacked.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Only safe until a thief steals your truck or breaks the lock on your bed cover.

4. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

That really sucks. I had my laptop stolen directly out of my backpack a few months ago, and I was only 20 feet away. I had pictures of my dead uncle that I will never get back. I feel your pain.

5. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

I like the Rockets, but think Houston as a *city* sucks... don't see what's so weird about that

6. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Sorry dude that sucks. Someone came into my family's house and stole a whole bunch of stuff a few years ago when I was at college. TVs, guns, jewelry, even my Phish Food ice cream from the freezer.

I know it sucks, but it is just stuff. I'm sure you have enough friends that can help you get your black book contacts back.

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

The bottom line is that if a thief really wants your crap, he's gonna get it, but a locked trunk or bed cover is definitely more of a deterrent than the glass on your windows.

And the best way I can explain my thoughts on this situation is this...

Getting robbed isn't your fault. It's just bad luck.

And luck favors the prepared, so...

And I've had my car broken into twice (it took two times to "educate" me) and I've been involved in two other break-ins (once driving my dad's truck, and once on vacation with family). So I'm speaking from experience.

#27 ClutchCityReturns, May 7, 2008
    Last edited: May 7, 2008
  8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

matt, I know your pissed off right now but I'd rather this happen to me then having a brick thrown at me.

how about people not stealing...c'mon matt, a brutha's gotta feed his family...seriously we need to remember this is a big city, not everyone is a craig biggio angel.

9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Really sorry to hear about this, Matt.

I actually have a friend who lived in a bad neighborhood for awhile; his car got broken into 50 million times. One thing he learned the hard way was to keep anything that even looks like it might be valuable in your trunk. If you have so much as a popular CD anywhere where somebody can possibly see it, the likelihood of a break-in rises dramatically. I know it's annoying moving stuff in and out of your trunk all the time, but it's worth-it.

And naturally, the nicer the car, the more likely it is... but ya can't really control that...

10. WildSweet&Cool

Really, Matt, I'm sorry for my insensitive post.

11. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

Some things can't be replaced. He can always get a new laptop, but the stuff on his laptop is gone for good, unless he backed it up.

12. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

My point was at least they didn't shoot him and take his stuff.

No matter how valuable, it is still stuff.

13. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

I hear you.

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

That sucks man. Lose all of your p*rn?

15. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Sorry to hear about that. My truck was broken into at the Woodrows on Chimney Rock and 59. The manager gave me a similar response about being too busy to call or flat out just not giving a damn.

Needless to say, I'll never step foot in a Woodrows again. I called HPD myself but they had better things to do.

16. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Can you please stop apologizing? I'm pretty sure he heard you the first time.

17. NBAHOU713

NBAHOU713 Contributing Member

Hey Matt, hes probably the one that stole your s hit. Call him out on 610 son! :D

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I thought WildSweet&Cool is a girl, yes?

19. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

That sucks, Matt. Sorry about that. That's insane...I eat at that Molina's all the time and to think someone, especially during business hours, could get away with breaking windows and stealing stuff is insane.

How did no one notice? Buffalo/Bissonnet is a very busy intersection.

BOYCOTT JOSE'S DIP!

20. WildSweet&Cool

No. What made you think that?