1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Tmac deserves props

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 2, 2008.

1. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

I'm not attacking you. Read my previous post and see if you have an argument against it.

It's called a halftime adjustment by a good coach (not that good, but good enough). They took T-Mac out of his game, and his teammates didn't pick it up (save Scola).

2. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I know you weren't attacking me. The message was for Easy.
    I agree with you. Sloan made a half-time adjustment. I'm not blaming the series loss on anybody. But there is a possibility that Adelman could have run some plays for others and got people on the move last night. Which would have maybe opened up things for McGrady in the third.

3. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

I just hope he can be consistent. But he is not. Where was he for the first several games where he only scored a few points in the 4th quarter total?

This guy will show you something fantastic thing after people start to dislike him for a stretch of poor performance.

4. TheMountainTop

T-Mac played really well the last game and I commend his effort but just because he had a bad ass game doesn't excuse him for the rest of the games during the series.

That being said I dont think the Rockets had much of a chance with out Yao against the Jazz anyways. In the last game the Jazz came out very aggressive and played an up tempo game where Mutombo was very ineffective defensively and the loss of Rafer just hurt us.

I was surprised that we took the Jazz to 6 games however it sucked when Rafer got injured the last game.

I guess we just got to hope for better the next season.

5. uchlha

uchlha Member

lol found my new sig

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I was reacting to your "pad his stat" statement. That phrase usually applies to someone who is selfish. Saying that T-Mac was selfish trying to score in the 4th quarter is pretty ridiculous to me.

I don't know how else the coaching staff could have done when no other players could hit a shot. Should they have sat T-Mac more in the 1st half so he could have more leg in the 2nd? Would we even be in the game at half time had t-Mac rested more in the 1st half? That was what I meant when I said "you wouldn't have the 3rd quarter to b**** about."

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We were just undermanned. Battier was playing hurt. Rafer was out. Scola tried his best. Brooks, Jackson, and Head couldn't hit anything. Who do you run play for? The only guy I could think of was Novak. Maybe he should have put Novak in earlier when there was still hope to catch up.

If any coach could make an offense look good without a dominant scorer, it would be Adelman. He needs more time to get his offense down. Next year should be a lot better. And he needs better (and healthier) shooters.

8. resinsoft

resinsoft Member

if he could played like this on the time over the 6 games,then the score will different....

9. ThaBlackKnight

obviously you've never played organized basketball before, because ANY elimination game has more pressure than a playoff home game to start off a series. The first 2 games is when you don't get the best performances usually because both teams are still trying to figure each other out.

Just an idiotic statement by another Tmac hater. He's carried our team for the last 2 years when Yao's been out (while playing through his own injuries)...what more do you want a superstar to do??

If Hakeem didn't get any help, we don't win 2 titles, if Jordan didn't get help, he doesn't get any of his 6 titles. Even Shaq needed Kobe and Dwayne Wade to help him win titles, and he's the most dominating player of our era.

The fact is, Tmac came out to play tonight, but due to injuries and being outmatched by a better team, we came up short. Great and gutsy performance this year by the Rockets. I hope the city of Houston will stop being bandwagon fans and really appreciate this team the way we did during our title runs and our 22 game winning streak.We should be proud of this team. Players with great character and a lot of heart.

Good luck to the Rockets next season!!!

10. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I do applaud T-Mac for the game he played.

But lets be real. When the game was on the line, he didn't score.

That matters most.

And how can the team help? They are ROLE players for a reason.

11. vince123

vince123 Member

maybe they can help by playing their role? maybe their role is to knock down shots when they are open.

12. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Lets be real. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't even have been in the game in the first place, we would've lost it by the 2nd quarter. He made it into a game all by himself.

Lets be real foo'

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

exactly. that's why you have teammates. tmac picked up the slack for them in the first half. you know utah wasn't gonna let tmac score as easily so the role players had to step up in the 3rd (and they got a ton of open shots, just didn't convert).

if one player can win one game, there wouldn't be the point of michael jordan complaining about not getting enough help, there wouldn't be kobe bryant threatening and forcing the hand of the lakers on a trade earlier this yr, there wouldn't be the cavs panicking about getting help for lebron so he wouldn't bolt a few years from now.

EVERYBODY knows one guy can't win one game by himself. there will be one quarter or 2 where role players had to step up. that's how guys like robert horry, derek fisher, sam cassell... make their names.

14. t_mac1

it was 20/20. adelman had a lot of confidence in his role players. that is why we were so successful this year when tmac/yao go down for extended amount of time.

if your role players had been stepping up for most of the year and just as recently as in game 5, why wouldn't you have confidence in your role players?

our team did the right thing. adelman and tmac did the right thing by forcing the role players to step up. it's a growing/learning experience for guys like brooks out there last night.

15. t_mac1

look at his 2nd half play since rafer returned to the starting lineup? that's a stark contrast to games 1/2.

in games 3, he scored 16 of his pts in the 2nd half, with 7 in the 4th
    in game 4, he scored 12 of his pts in the 2nd half, with 4 in the 4th (his only bad game with rafer back)
    in game 5, he scored 18 pts in the 2nd half, with 8 coming in the 4th
    in game 5, rafer wasn't there and you know what happened

in games 1/2, he had to do rafer's job AND his job. that is too much to ask.

like i said, if rafer was playing, we would win one of the first 2 games. and we would be talking about game 7 right now

16. t_mac1

yea, role players do play a role. don't you think role players should do well in at least 1 quarter? 25% of the game?

tmac will do the other 50-60%.

17. Landlord Landry

glad you finally came around dude.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You mean when we were down by 19 points in the first half, the game wasn't on the line?

19. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

LOL..... just ignore the haters. They would try to find ANYTHING to blame TMac.

20. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

The guy shot over .500 twice in the last few weeks....enough said. As Almu said, he got hot when we were down big, but could not keep up the level of play, his shot went down the drain once it came down to crunch time...

This is Yao's team........we've got to build around him....the T-Back/Yao combo has gone 6 seasons without any results, it's time for a change....and that means T-Back should pack his bags. Well that's what I wish for, but it ain't gonna happen......