1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ok so do we give Tmac another year, or shop him this summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Apr 27, 2008.

1. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I thought my point was very clear and correct as shown in the blue section of your post. Most teams are over the cap, about 1/3 are over the LT threshold, and there a few others who are close. Our team is not busting the cap threshold open.

I thought my other point was very clear also. If we had used the MLE on talented players like James Posey, Jarvis Hayes, Mo Peterson, etc. to get better years ago we would be a better team. When you're a good contending team former really good players like Finley, Barry, Horry, Cassel, Webber,etc. will go to your team for cheap. This would eliminate the need to keep most of the dleague all-stars around. When you have more talented players you have the flexibility to trade for cheaper players, also

The teams not above the salary cap are usually bad, rebuilding, teams.

2. beatpole

beatpole Member

keep him and get a nice free agent

maybe a good pg or even somebody like gordon

but tmac can control a game with passing etc not just scooring

if you have just a gordon and no tmac, there will be not that much penetration

which you need in a playoff series, so keep him and get a player who can really

help to scoore etc....

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I forgot to mention how poorly they have been using the MLE also. Splitting it is fine in the case of getting a Scola type (who was a no brainer because he was the best player not in the NBA). If Stromile had maximized his potential we would all be happy now but he didn't. Generally the level of talent increases when you up the money. You can net some quality players by using the full MLE and we don't have very many quality players.

4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Dude, come on...I love TMac, and I'm not even against some trade proposals that make sense to me basketball-wise. Not even talking about salary considerations...I would NOT want to watch what LA is doing to Denver right now.

At least every single one of our games has been tight. No blow outs, and look at our roster. Depleted with injuries, out an allstar center, and half of the the rotation is seriously banged up. Starting PG hurt, starting SG hurt, starting SF hurt, backup PF hurt, starting C is "old (no disrespect Deke!)."

5. Seth

Seth Member

I think for those saying that want to rebuild keeping T-Mac is the safest bet because that year LeBron and many others will also became free agents.

That said if you are in rebuilding mode trading Yao for someone who also expires in 2010

This are some of the players that will and might be available on 2010 free agency.

LeBron, Kobe, Ginobili, Nowitzki, Amare, Nash, Boozer, Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, Greg Oden, Brandon Roy, Wade, Richard Hamilton, Michael Redd, TJ Ford, Chris Bosh, Mike Miller

6. Carlos Nice

Carlos Nice Rookie

not sure brother...i heard Maggette was avialable but Morey doesn't like him...

Artest = nasty dude with attitude from hell, an "at will" scorer when he has to be and a defensive machine...he's not only long but that dude is freakin strong...he can run all over the gym and finish at the basket with the best of them...

Artest would bring another side of basketball that has been missed in Houston since VERNON MAD MAXWELL !!!!

i think Tracy, at this point in his career, is flustered by "having to be the guy" that does everything...with Artest in the line-up it would lift about 5,000lbs off of Mac's chest and he will play exceptionally well...

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think this post best breaks down our situation. The only sidenote I would add is that many of the salaries listed are irrelevant.... factors such as rookie contracts and how many years in vs remaining, etc... kinda apples to oranges..

8. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Corrected. ONLY if we can get a very good deal for him

10. TheMountainTop

What do you guys think about Joe Johnson.

Maybe we could get Joe Johnson and cash.

Then we could sign Ron Artest.

Rafer/Brooks
    Joe Johnson/Battier
    Ron Artest
    Landry/Scola
    Yao/Deke

11. TheMountainTop

Everyone C'mon Now Lets get Joe Johnson!

12. yangliuyi1

yangliuyi1 Member

赶快交易他吧.没有一颗求胜的心,永远不会拿到总冠军!

13. tianlinqiang

tianlinqiang Member

Tmac is a boy , not a man.

With Yao, we will lose the match too.

---------------------------------------

but is there any team need a 20,000,000 boy?

14. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Name one single reason why Atlanta would trade Joe Johnson to us. The only guy they would take is Yao Ming and that isn't happening.

15. beachboys

beachboys Member

How many years have we gave him already? Everytime I see him play I feel bad for the team. :(

16. jaredb2

jaredb2 Member

Amazing to me how everyone wants to trade the only person close to a triple-double every game this post-season. And who else on our team is close to posting triple-doubles?? Anyone??

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Who else on the team gets paid franchise money but is unable to close games, shoots a horrific FG% and a Shaqish FT% and then blames it on his coach and team mates in the media?

Anyone?

18. Carlos Nice

Carlos Nice Rookie

obviously NOBODY !!!

because our players outside of T-Mac SUCK !!!! they are ROLE PLAYERS that do a horrible job of ROLE PLAYING !!!!!

19. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

The guys you're naming are role players at best, only one of them is a starter. Let me put it this way, would you trade Landry or Brooks for any one of those guys?

Also there is a difference between maximizing the cap (which you're correct most good teams do), and exceeding it. Exceeding the cap is hardly the mark of success, the highest salaried team in the NBA is the Knicks and they stink. Don't get too wrapped up in the spending thing, cause if its an indicator of anything its usually bad teams. The Spurs don't spend money that way, PHX the last two seasons has let Joe Johnson go, and traded Marion to keep themselves under/at the cap.

I still think trades and the draft are the best way to go for a team of their caliber. We need to fill holes and reduce the workload on Yao and TMac. They simply shouldn't need to cripple themselves financially to do that.

20. gutd

gutd Member

Q: who is the best scorer in 4th quarter? anyone can get a list? I wonder what position T-Mac on.