1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac should take notes on Joe Johnson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Pringles

Pringles Member

damn...

before the 4th quarter i suggested this trade in another thread...

tracy mcgrady
    brooks

for

joe johnson
    speedy claxton
    josh smith
    and 1st round pick(s)

now you can forget the trade. :mad: unless they get blown out the next 2 games and lose horribly.

2. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

what does this have to do with anything? as of right now, JJ still played better than tmac in the 4th.. argue against that.

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Dude...don't joke around about Yao...GREAT WALL!!!

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lol, you know sometimes getting more players for better players isn't exactly a good thing. They can't fit all the players on the lineup at once and so some of them will benched, efficency isn't the same.....

Right now, we don't need more players, we need better players.... We should be trading away more players to get less but better players instead. Whats the point of having a few more players when only 1 or 2 of them could be in the lineup at once, they won't provide Tracy McGrady effienciency, and our bench is doing well enough already.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They wouldn't give us jj straight up for Tmac and you want them to give up Josh smith and a 1st rounder?

6. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Ummm...ok :rolleyes:

7. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Do not joke about the untouchable. Two rules that you would violate even if you talk about trading him.
    -Thou shall not trade a cash cow.
    -Thou shall not trade one of the best player in [filler] position. Yao is definitely one of the top 3 centers at least.

8. Pringles

Pringles Member

point was, we'd had to take speedy's contract. so they can sign their other players to the contracts they want. and i guess the 1st rounder was too much, but they are not in the lottery. and plus they get brooks. but, you can forget about the trade. josh smith is going to be a great player and joe johnson, some may say, is better than tmac at this point. :eek: suprizing, isn't it?

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Dude, the T-center fans could learn a bit from the Hawk fans too

tmac>joe

10. Copter

Copter Rookie

Never happened before, never going to happen in the future.

11. MystikArkitect

Ok.

T-Mac has done this more than Joe Johnson. T-Mac makes more teams nervous than Joe Johnson. T-Mac will end up with a much more storied career than Joe Johnson.

Consider it argued.

12. dafranchise0309

Joe did his thing tonight, he has always been one of my top 5 fav players...he kind of reminded me of a healthy orlando tmac tonight...the way he played tonight is the way we need tmac to play.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Congraduations Copter!! Your 89th T-mac hating and relating Post!! :cool:
    Man for some reason, I feel like winning the lottery for this post, it has the minimal t-mac hating :eek:

I think I'm gonna become the king of the world if Copter posts something not related to T-mac at all :D

14. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

take note on JR smith

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

It seems Tom T's denfense is only effective for the first two games, Just like the rockets' defense before.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Of course there's at least 2 more games to be played but I think it has to do with the fact that the group of kids on the Atlanta team is just downright hungry and fearless. They don't care who those guys in green are; they just go out and play with their hearts out. You got a rookie--a ROOKIE--manning up and hanging tough with KG and even had time to talk some smack to Pierce in Game 3.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

1)After tonight, he's shooting 43% to TMAC's 38%
    2)He still doesn't jack as many shots as TMAC
    3)His 3PT% and FT% are WAY higher.

Under normal circumstances I would take TMAC. But as far as being a scorer in this years playoffs, Johnson has been better thus far.

18. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Actually,

TRADE RAFER ALSTON + HEAD FOR MIKE BIBBY. He's the reason Altanta made the playoffs

19. ibm

ibm Member

key word: has. not "is".

correction: made. not "makes". didn't you hear the way ak and williams were kinda laughing at #1?

"more storied"? perhaps. the question is, what kind of story?

the days when i wanted badly for mcgrady to step up have passed. now i only wish he has one truly great game in this series. just one.

20. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

If Yao were playing we'd have Yao should learn how to get 20 and 20 from Dwight Howard threads. :rolleyes: :p