1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade TMac for Manu?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Would you trade Tmac for Manu

1. Yes

312 vote(s)
    37.1%
  2. No

528 vote(s)
    62.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Shaq is on the decline too, that doesn't make Scola better than him.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

should we just trade tmac so this board can be a better hangout?? :(

but then i'm afraid yao will be the next target on this board on a consistent basis? yao has gone behind the criticisms b/c JVG and tmac have taken most of the blame.

3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

What? Can you tell me he is not doing it all for the Rockets? I know he hasn't shown in the 4th but come on, reading your posts I start thinking you became T-Mac hater, really.

Didn't he stepped up in the season when Yao went down? Are you kidding me? Didn't the Rockets have 19-9 record or something like that?

He is averaging 21,5 / 9 / 8 and he has played some good defense.

so please think before you post something like it.

As I said, go ahead, trade Tracy for Manu and you can be sure next win Tracy is gonna win championship.

4. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

yes, i would.

Manu would've worked on his FTs by now.

5. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

No because Manu isn't capable of reaching a triple double.

The thing some of you don't realize is that without a dominant big man to clear lanes for Manu....HE IS WORTHLESS. He would only average about 11 or 12 points if Duncan wasn't there off of jumpers.

Theres a reason Tracy Can't drive...YAO IS NOT THERE TO CLEAR LANES.

Why do you think Amare gets those dunks? Shaq

Why did Wade get all that driving room? Shaq

Why do you think Terkaglo(I know spelling) and Lewis get that penetration? Howard

Why do you think Carmelo can't drive and relies on his turn around jumpers? He doesn't have a guy that can clear lanes...Kmart can't do it...camby can't do it

Tmac had Yao...Manu and Parker have duncan...End of story. If Manu was leading this team after Yao went down...we would not be in the playoffs

6. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Good point!

To add to my other point....Even with all that trouble in the lane...tmac is still driving!

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think DaDakota's right, McGrady's days as a dominant player are pretty much done.

Or, COUNTING ON McGrady to be a dominant player should be over. Players decline, its just how it is. Need to look at McGrady as a 32 year old player rather than the current 28 year old player who's just "slightly" past being a top 5 player.

But i still wouldnt trade him for Ginobili

8. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

233 votes so far of ignorance.

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

278 votes of denial.

10. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

LOL @ nearly 50% taking this trade.

Manu is relentless.. ok fine, DO YOU THINK HE WOULD DO ANYTHING GETTING DOUBLE AND TRIPLE TEAMED?

Realize he is on the floor most of the game with Tony Parker and Tim Duncan. I guarentee if Rockets offered that trade the Spurs would take that trade and laugh all the way to 5 more rings in a row, till Tmac and Duncan retired.

Give me a break guys.

11. Copter

Copter Rookie

Why would the spurs trade a known winner with a known loser?

They would also have to pay the loser 20 million dollars, pff..

12. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

How about T-Mac for Iverson?

13. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

i take tmac with his poor shooting, weak back, and tantrum along with his near triple double everyday over manu.

having manu, will meant rafer alston will handle the ball even more!!!!!!!

14. 1individual

1individual Member

It's funny reading some of these silly comments. T-Mac for Manu is a big NO NO. You're trading the leader of this team just to give Scola a boost. T-Mac for Iverson is another joke.

15. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

LOL. So who do you think will win this year's election? John Kerry or George W. Bush?

16. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Yes, Iverson is taken his team with two Allstar and a DPOY to a second round :rolleyes:

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

that's the thing that amuses me. people want to trade tmac for anything right now.

they want to trade him for manu:
    1) manu has 2 all-stars on that team. amare admitted openly the guy they want to stop first is duncan. now you see if you just stop duncan, parker is just going wild. then who the hell guards manu? lol
    2) dude cannot play more than 35 mpg a game for a whole season, and you want him to replace tmac who does everything for this team and some?
    3) he has never had the pressure or expectations of being the main guy. by coming off the bench, he's technically treated like a "role player." he does his "role" and is not expected to do anything more than his role indicates.

i don't even want to get to iverson b/c hey, he has better stats so he must be better.
    1) he has another top 5 scorer this yr.
    2) he has one of the best defenders with him
    3) he has one of the best benches with him
    4) he has the style of play that he wants

and yet he can't even win one freakin' playoff game. after this series, he's been 1-8 in the playoffs (losing to spurs and lakers).

what people don't get is one guy is not going to do what tracy does for this team (unless he's lebron or kobe). why don't people think of trades that will get back MULTIPLE PLAYERS THAT PLAY MULTIPLE POSITIONS.

guys like iverson and manu would only make this team take a step back from where we are at right now.

18. Spanish_Rox_Fan

Yes, no doubt
    but that transaction is impossible

19. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Only a idiot would make this trade.

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Consider me an idiot. Manu is tough as nails. He plays with heart. No, he isn't quite the physical specimen that McGrady is, but he makes up for it with will and determination. Not to mention, he's considerably healthier/more durable.

Also, McGrady isn't the leader of this team. Battier, Scola and even Mutumbo are the most vocal leaders of this team. McGrady just happens to be our best player. Manu would be the leader of this team. No doubt.

And guess what? I love McGrady and absolutely despise Manu's whining, floppin' ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.