1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac revisited (post can-of-quit)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Apr 25, 2008.

1. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Dude, you just doing everything you can to avoid answering the question. You're in complete denial that anything could possibly be wrong with your god, T-Mac.

One more time: Paige said he heard it from a Chronicle reporter, and that the Chronicle reporter heard it from the other Rockets. Is Paige lying? Yes or no?

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

it's obvious either you dislike tmac or overly criticle. kobe has taken SIX 3pt shots (out of his 17 attempts) -> that's 40%.

and bad shots don't necessarily have to be 3pt shots. tmac has really curtailed his heat-checks. he only takes them whenever he makes 2-3 in a row and you give stars that luxury. he hasn't been hot and you saw 0 3s in game 3.

iverson took contested fadeaways. melo jacks up shots despte missing.

if you think those guys took good shots TONIGHT, then you are really just overly critical on tmac. and i mean that lightly.

PS - i notice you point out specific plays. i'm sure tmac makes "a few" good plays during a game too.

I'M TALKING ABOUT THE WHOLE GAME.

3. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Iverson's only got 3 three point attempts, and he's made one of those.

As for Kobe he's 8 for 18 for the whole game, and that includes all of his missed 3's. If you strip those out he's a sizzling 8 for 11. As it is he's only a hair off of .500.

4. t_mac1

YES. he's lying. nobody on the chronicle wrote about it or confirmed it.

3 of the main journalists that cover the rockets (feign being the main one, justice, and blindbury ALL said those rumors were 100% false on their blogs and columns during the season).

so really, who did paige talk to? oh yea, "i just talked to a guy who works in the chron).

blindbury and justice are 2 of the tmac critics on the chron and they both denied it.

i'm not defending tmac, you're just being overly naive and don't know what the hell you're talking about.

lemme tell you what i agree with you:
    tmac has bad shot selection at times, tmac is a poor ft shotoer, tmac has poor stamina, tmac is a poor finisher aorund the rim, tmac lacks focus/intensity/passion during the reg. season. if i reall think he's a god, you think i agree with you on those points.

but you are just easily a tmac critic that criticizes everything he does and beliving every garbage you hear.

5. t_mac1

let's stop here. if you think bad shot selections are just 3pt shots, i have nothing to say.

i guess dribbling around the ft line for 8-9 seconds and then take a contested fallaway (which iverson did 3-4 times) is good. i guess melo holds the ball for 10 seconds in the post and then bricks it as time expires is good. i guess kobe only penetrating 3 times into the paint with single coverage is good.

6. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Where did Blinebury and Feigen deny it? Can you point to an article online or in print where they said Paige was full of it?

Here's another one: Paige is a reporter for the Denver Post. Why would he go on national TV and just lie like that?

Here's one more: Paige said he heard it from the Chronicle guy while they were both covering the college bowl games. Which Chronicle reporter got sent out of town to cover the bowl games?

7. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Kobe's 8 for 11 if you discount his three point attempts, a lot of which were open in my opinion. Even with the three's he's hovering close to 50%. As for Iverson, he is constantly driving to the basket. The result might not be there but he's got the right idea and he keeps trying to execute it.

8. Copter

Copter Rookie

We could all agree that tmac infected our team with his loserness.

3 Teams in the history of the nba came back from 0-2 in a series. 2 of them vs the rockets. This a disgrace.

Also only several teams managed to lose game 7 at home, and houston is one of them.

Oh yea, 7 teams or so in the history of the nba came back from 1-3, 2 mcgrady teams is on that list (Orlando and houston).

Theres probably more negative records I cant recall currently. Cant you see where this is going, he ruined the team.

Stupid loser.

9. t_mac1

dude, if you were a hardcore rockets fan, you would know this. but apparently you are not. you want me to dig up all the blogs they've done throughout a whole season.

go to the chronile and read it yourself. feign especially has denied those rumors vehemently. fran and justice too. you don't trust me, go PM CLUTCH or any other hardcore rockets fan and you know. hell, go email feign/fran/justice right now on the chron and they respond to you with what i just said. they have blogs so i'm sure they respond to you.

so reporters never lie? you do know in the LA times, a reporter claimed a month ago that puff daddy was involved in killing tupac and he said he had evidence. when he was about to be sued, he apologized.

and why would he lie like that? that WAS THE HOTTEST RUMOR IN BASKETBALL at that time. there was nothing else to talk about.

seriously, how old are you? have you taken a journalism class? have you taken politics/political science?

10. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Dude, if you're such a big Rockets fan and you read the Chronicle why don't you tell me who Paige got the rumor from? It should be pretty damn obvious.

What's more, just because one reporter lies that doesn't mean that every reporter must also lie. That's an elementary mistake of logic.

So Paige felt compelled to lie on national TV and put his career on the line just so he could chip in something on "the hottest rumor" in basketball? Doesn't that seem like a lot of risk to take on for...zero benefit? Seriously, what does Paige get out of it?

Finally I remember Feigen and Blinebury talking about trade rumors. I don't ever remember them talking about teammates being unhappy because McGrady refused to pass them the ball. Can you point out one article or blog post where they debunk that rumor?

11. t_mac1

if you don't believe me, go email them on their blogs. go directly to the source if you don't trust me. they will answer you. i have nothing to lie to you.

chron.com/rockets. go to blogs -> write on their blogs -> get your answer -> then see if you think you're right.

PS - you have a lot to learn about journalism. you do know 90% of what is stated in sports as rumors are really what they are -> rumors. rumors are news without facts/evidence. that's why they're called rumors.

12. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Unlike you, I do read the Chron. That's why I know who they sent off to cover the bowl games, and who's more than likely the source of that rumor. And I don't remember anything they wrote about a) denying rumors that the other Rockets thought T-Mac was a ball hog or b) denying what Paige said on "Around the Horn". Frankly, I think you're getting confused with all the rumors about T-Mac getting traded to Chicago. That's a rumor that Sam Smith did have something to do with.

And again, you're ducking the question. Why would Paige put his career/credibility on the line? What does he gain by lying that he heard something from a Chronicle reporter about T-Mac's popularity on the team?

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You think he takes wide open 30 footers all the time? Wrong.

Just b/c 2 of kobe's first 3 shots are threes doesnt mean its a bad shot selection. btw, as of right now, he's shooting almost 50% from the field.

show me bad shot selections on the part of duncan. or tony parker. chris paul? nash? garnett? these stars play within their offensive system and rarely shoot bad shots.

you remind me of josh howard. trying to defend his ideals by saying that everyone else does it.

decent game? 22 pts, 8 assists, 7 rebounds....

if tmac puts up those numbers, you'd be saying how great he played.

anyways, no, tmac cant do that with this team.

14. t_mac1

your career/credibility is not gonna be on the line when you talk about "rumors" dude. it was a rumor. most people know it was a rumor so you can say whatever you want. if people get fired based on stupid sports rumors, then there wouldn't be "hot topics" to talk about in sports.

what does he have to gain? nothing much, but you have some things to talk about.

again, just email the chron writers right now. feign and them respond back pretty fast. if you know who it is, get the name and lemme know how stupid i am. the answers are right at your fingertips.

15. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

You're the one claiming that you read something where they specifically deny these rumors. I don't remember anything like that, either as a column or a blog post. Where's the link?

This isn't a "rumor". Paige claims that one of the Chronicle guys told him something. He's either lying about it or he isn't. You can't say "It's a rumor that I met this guy and he told me something". That's complete nonsense. And sports journalism it still journalism, and lying is taken seriously in journalism.

And if you read the Chronicle so much, which one of their writers got sent off to cover the Bowl games and which one is probalby the source of that rumor?

16. t_mac1

seriously, how old are you? that comment alone shows how naive you are.

again, stop replying to my post and email them. EMAIL THEM.

i said i read the chron about the "rockets." who the hell cares about who covers the bowl games.

17. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Dude, you're full of it. The writer in question covers the Rockets. When he went off to cover the bowl games people on the Chron boards were asking where he disappeared to because somebody else had to pick up his beat. You obviously don't know who this is yet you claim that you read the Chron's Rockets coverage.

You can't explain why Woody Paige would go on national TV and lie. What's more when he lied he provided enough details that if somebody called him on it they could track him down through the details he provided.

You can't point out where you read or claim to have read the Chronicle guys deny rumors that the other Rockets thought that T-Mac was a ball stopper or disavow Paige's claims.

Dude, you're full of it. I am not going to e-mail the Chronicle about some article that you either imagined or made up.

18. Panda

Panda Member

Like others said, T-Mac brings you close to winning with his wonderful stats, but he has not been a closer throughout his playoffs career. More often than not, he didn't step up in the crunch time. He averaged 28 ppg in the playoffs, he never got out of the first round. He can play, but he lacks the killer instinct. Like Kevin Garnett. Superstar in the first three quarters, wimp in the fourth. As he ages he gets worse in closing out games. 1 point in two 4th quarters? Come on, they were close games, if he played half as good as he played in the first 3 qtrs the Rockets could've been up 3-0 now.

Scottie Pippen at least brought his team to the Eastern Finals without Jordan, what has T-mac done?

Despite T-Mac playing like sh#t in the end of the first two games, our role players still hung close with the Jazzholes. T-Mac failed the team in the first two. He'd better pay them back from now on.

19. t_mac1

lol, and KG is getting ready to go to the finals my man and most likely winning it.

scottie pippen also refused to play at the end of a playoff game when knowing the play phil jackson designed wasn't for him (v. the knicks).

tmac needs help. we all know it. hopefully, as we go forward, we will be more of a balanced team so tmac and yao can dominate the latter stages of the games.

20. Panda

Panda Member

Kg has Paul Pierce and Ray Allen. Scottie Pippen quit at the end of game instead of two 4th qtrs, and how many rings he has? T-mac quit on the Magic, like Pippen quitting on the Rockets. So, both are quitters but SP acheived much more.

I know T-mac needs help. His fans needs help too. Who need the most help though? Not T-mac, our role players do. They did their part to hung with the star laden Jazz, all they needed was a dagger to finish them off, T-mac is supposed to be that dagger and he failed to deliver. He needs to bring "it" from now on.

Our role players need help from Scottie Pippen II, now let us pray he can do it.