1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets need DJ Augustine

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by DaDakota, Apr 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. SourGrapes

SourGrapes Member

From watching this series, it seems rebounding and size at the front court position seems to be a bigger problem than PG. Lets see what happens in Game 3 as far as Rafer being productive. Maybe it was just me, but I thought Brooks was pretty productive in Game 2 also.

I love Augustin, but we need someone like Thabeet more than him. Besides, his first name is close to Hakeem!

2. coolthunderz

coolthunderz Member

You must not know how to watch basketball because you know who run the offense on the orlando team....Hedo Turkoglu not nelson....you basically have bobby jackson starting then a guy that can actually run a team....if you like those percents so bad...play Head as your starting guard....you should thank me for your free lesson

3. Vivid

Vivid Member

Mario Chalmers

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

now you're saying jameer doesn't run the team? okay, hedo's a point foward

as far as starting head, i did reference nelson's assist numbers also so no, you might as well not start head

#44 pgabriel, Apr 25, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'm very down on him after watching the two Texas NCAA games in Reliant. He can find ways to score, but his quickness was more than underwhelming. Even against Stanford, he could rarely get around his man and failed to create. Not coincidently, they ran the slowest fastbreak I've ever seen.

He streaks me as a slow Acie Law, and that's not a compliment.

I know you hate Rafer, but I'm telling you. If he doesn't get pressured to score, he does a lot of things very well at his position. Reliable shooting just isn't one of them. It's a valid, serious weakness. But I'd rather have that than a scoring-only point guard (Mike James, Stephon Marbury, OJ Mayo, etc). This guy looks to me like a scoring-only point guard that's going to struggle to score in the league. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't see much that will translate at the next level.

Evan

6. coolthunderz

coolthunderz Member

So are you saying that Jameer nelson can run the rockets better than rafer?

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

never been that big on him for the same reasoning, never thought he was quick enough to make up for his size.

8. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

forget augustine, stay where you are, you may be able to get joey dorsey, get Yao another pitbull to help him on the boards.

9. poprocks

poprocks Member

What we need is a high flying healthy Stevie Francis who'll get to the rim and punish our opponents.

10. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Well here we are the morning after Game 6 and the Rockets being blown out by the Jazz in part due to a serious lack of offensive rebounding by the Rockets. I'd say shoringup the front court position is the most important offseason move the Rockets should be making.

11. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Did you forget about Yao Ming?

12. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Both of you don't know what you are talking about.

13. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

I don't know if living in Austin has anything to do with it. But I totally agree.

I do love brooks, but DJ has that leader type mentality. And you could say they're close in the type of ball they play. Although I do think DJ is better at both getting everybody in their places of offense, has a better shot, and can get into the paint. His defense is a little suspect though.

And size. I'm not sure about this one...

After seeing what a PG like Deron Williams can do you'd like to have some size at the position too.

Give up brooks to try and get a higher draft position?

14. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Got a Time Machine you can loan the Rockets?

15. Tuan

Tuan Member

Who else was good on that team? Please inform me.

16. Tuan

Tuan Member

Again, my question to you is, do you really think CP3 and Augustine are even in the same league talent wise or impact wise? And where did I say Wake Forest wasnt a good team? I said Augustine played with more talent. Maybe you should take the time to read someone's post properly instead of being an @ss.

17. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I find it difficult to believe that DeAndre Jordan will be drafted ahead of Augustine.

18. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Size matters. Big men are harder to find, and my favorite UT midget is not a good defensive player.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Dang, too bad we could not get him....I wonder what all the naysayers about him are saying now.

;)

DD -who also loved Rudy Fernandez...

#59 DaDakota, Dec 12, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  20. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

I'll give you props for identifying two guys that have turned out good, but if we moved mountains to get DJ we would not have had the wherewithal to move mole hills to get Artest. Artest > DJ, so no deal, Howey!