1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 4/24/2008 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaninthy

kaninthy Member

WITH RAFER BACK.TMAC SHOULD HAVE MORE ENERGY FOR 4 QUARTERS CANT MAKE AN EXCUSE OF NO LEGS IF RAFER HANDLES THE BALL.WILL ACTUALLY GET INTO RA OFFENSE WITH SKIP RUNNING THE SHOW. ROCKETS BY 10!!! GO ROCKETS (BRING BACK CLUTCH CITY DAYS)

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I'm sick of being wrong with my predictions, so I am going to decide to be right.

Rockets 79
    Jazz 95

3. beatpole

beatpole Member

if rox can WIN the next 2 games

i would be so happy, everybody would

go rox

4. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

Jazz come out flat, thinking they won the series already, Rockets respond well with Rafer coming back.

Rockets by 17.

5. abrocketsfan

abrocketsfan Contributing Member

rockets were up 2-0 and lost last year, maybe this year they'll win after being down 0-2

6. HookemHorns1250

Very nice...should go have a pep talk with the Rockets players, that'd get them fired up.

7. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I found this pretty interesting.

Group plans to protest Jazz game due to FLDS situation

April 23rd, 2008 @ 12:35pm

(AP Photo/David J. Phillip)

Tom Callan reporting

Sympathies for the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint families in Texas are now reverberating beyond the courtroom and into the arena.

Some Utah supporters of the FLDS families are calling for the cancellation of the next two playoff games between the Utah Jazz and the Houston Rockets.

Salt Lake City attorney Bob Breeze is calling for a protest rally tomorrow night and Saturday outside the EnergySolutions Arena. He says this is the perfect opportunity to get nationwide media coverage on the civil rights violations being committed in Texas.

Breeze is asking local FLDS supporters to show up at the hotel rooms of the Rockets' players. "We're working on a plan to have a number of the polygamist women go and have a meeting with the team players," he said.

He says he will provide the paint to make your own protest signs.

E-mail: tcallan@ksl.com

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=3147476

Polygamist women visiting the Rockets' hotel rooms? This is soooooo a dirty ploy by the Jazz to get our players' minds off basketball!

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

DARN I knew there was a good reason to be a polygamist! It's all coming back to me now!!

;)

9. TheMountainTop

I can just picture T-Mac's eyes going crazy like cookie monsters.

10. Robert

Robert Contributing Member

This is a fair report on the game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?page=ScoutingRocketsJazz-Game3

"In Houston's "must win" Game 2, it was Utah that played as a desperate team. The Jazz gave up no "unmolested" layups, took one good shot after another and scrambled heartily and intelligently on defense and the backboards. Houston might be miffed at a late-game foul call, but the Rockets have only themselves to blame. Houston was beaten by a better team that played with greater intensity and purpose.

Only by raising their intensity level another notch, taking better shots and perhaps shooting better from the free-throw line, can the Rockets do what so few teams did all season -- win a game in Salt Lake City."

[cont'd]

11. Precision340

Precision340 Member

close game but Rox will pull one out tonight... Rox by 11

12. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

well since we are all hollering *yells like Samuel Jackson* YES I HOPE THE JAZZ DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!

13. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

rockets by 40

14. SourGrapes

SourGrapes Member

I'm surprised ESPN and others aren't focusing any attention on the possible distraction of the protesters. If any sort of damage or news-worthy distraction is caused by the protesters, this would be embarrassing for the state of Utah. The fact that they're trying to target innocent Houston Rocket players in this mess is pathetic. I hope Mutombo elbows them all.

15. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I'd like to hope our players are angry and hungry enough right now to slap those protesters to the curb and ignore all that crap. We got a game to win tonight. :mad:

16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think we will win this series. We will blow out the Jazz tonight, and we will win the next three games afterwards.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rockets - 94
    j*zz - 86

Rocket River

18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets in 3 OT's 127-125 with Battier hitting the game winning shot.

19. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Man I can't wait to see Skip To My Lou go all And1 Mixtape on Derons ass just like he did Hotsauce. . .

Streetballers > *

20. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

if you believe in prayer let us all pray!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.