1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thanks Rocks, Tmac, Yao RA etc

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by richirich, Apr 24, 2008.

1. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I used to think the same way...

The main thing is you have to look at the market and you can't trade the guys that you won't get good value out of. It used to mean just tmac and battier. Everyone has now caught on to how good Battier is though, we can trade him now.

But we can't trade Yao now because everyone know he is injury prone. Pretty much everyone else accept Scola should be traded if an offer comes up because other teams seem to think highly of them. People are high on Hayes, Alston, Novak, Harris and we all know their just dleague all-stars. I say trade anyone not named McGrady, Yao, or Scola if given a decent trade. Those are the only guys that are worth more than anyone will offer.

2. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

You my friend is a true Rockets fan.

3. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

no no, he is BBall expert don't you know? It's the same from people like them, those who try to compare Yao's FG% with TMac's. Seriously, Yao would be in the bottom ring in FG% among all centers. While TMac would probably fall in the average category among SG's FG% (someone could verify it).

4. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

You sir are my favorite poster! THANK YOU FOR BEING OPTIMISTIC

5. sando

sando Member

An almost perfect year.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i think if we add a ONE MORE piece (a better shooting PG/creator), we're set.

but it all comes down to the health of our stars. can they stay healthy all year for us to compete for the #1 seed? can they stay healthy enough to go into the playoffs with no injuries?

that hasn't been the case with tmac/yao. yao may be out for the year, but tmac is not fully healthy (nor battier or landry or alston).

if those 2 are injured again next yr, we might have to stop this experiment. i think alexander will give it one more year. we showed too much hope this year.

7. battousai

battousai Member

people who suugesting that we trade away tmac or yao needs to do us a favor and get the heck out of this board.

What we need are upgrades to our roster. We have two superstars, one great coach, now we have players and bench.

-scola - keeper
    -landry - keeper, but 2 years contract as his knee is worrying me.
    -hayes - trade bait
    -deke - if he's back
    -head - trade bait
    -Bjax trade bait
    -battier - trade bait
    -AB - good backup PG
    -SF - backup PG
    -alston - trade bait

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

yeah thanks rockets...

thank you for making this thread...

we should just appreciate them for giving us a helluva season..any many more to come...

9. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I wanna say thanx too...

but man, Jazz fans are probably having a field day with this.

"Those Rockets fans are already giving up on their team, lol"

10. ibm

ibm Member

don't like the op. sounds like a fairwell speech or a funeral speech.

11. SourGrapes

SourGrapes Member

It's sad. Everyone has already given up. I hate you all.

Now we're already making "Thank you ____ " threads in addition to off-season threads and trade threads.

You're no different from the media, who has counted us out since Yao was out.

It really is Rockets against the world now, and the world includes their very own "fans".

12. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Wait.....

Did DaDakota just post an admission of faith in a deity online?

:eek:

There is hope! ;)

13. choujie

choujie Member

Are you serious? Check facts first before you make those stupid uneducated statements.

Yao is #9 in FG% and #5 in TS% among all qualified centers in NBA.

Now Tmac. Only 4 qualified SGs shot worse FG% than him. They are Michael Finley, Jamal Crawford, Larry Hughs and Deshawn Stevenson. Throw in Tmac's dismal 3pt% and FT%, his TS% is even lower. How low? his TS% is lower than RAFER ALSTON<

I'm not against Tmac, he does so much more than scoring, but his shooting percentage is among the worst in NBA, and he takes most shots on Rockets by a fairly large margin.

14. feihung316

feihung316 Member

obviously, i can see why so many feel this series is over. but if i ever catch myself losing faith in my team in the playoffs, i should just shoot myself.

15. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Some people are obviously fans only when Rockets are winning, not me I'm a hardcore, here in the tough moments.

16. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

LMAO!

Scola's total FGAs in 07-08 season: 670
    Close or immediate to the basket: 414 (61.8%)
    2 pointers: 253 (37.8%)
    3 pointers: 3 (0.004%)

T-Mac's total FGAs in 07-08 season: 1307
    Close or immediate to the basket: 327 (25.0%)
    2 pointers: 685 (52.4%)
    3 pointers: 295 (22.6%)
    (according to nba.com and nba.com hotspots)

Do you still need me to further explain the difference in the distributions of FGAs between a typical PF and a typical SG/SF and thus, result in difference in expected FG%?

Get a clue.

Guess not, next time you are going to say Chuck Hayes shoots better than T-Mac. :rolleyes:

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Good thread...

Great season