1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Portland talk Radio] Morey wanted to move Battier/Alston last offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by white lightning, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Pringles

Pringles Member

3 way trade with clippers, blazers, and us. we send battier to blazers, hell, they can have luther if they give us outlaw, they give whoever clippers want, and we get maggette!!!! I WANT MAGGETTE.

2. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

The proposed trade for Artest was Shane Battier and Aaron Brooks but the Rockets didn't wont to give up Brooks.I was listening to 610 and they had mentioned that right at the trade deadline.

3. lastmanstanding

I thought during the offseason they were contemplating trading Jarret Jack + Outlaw for Battier. I like the potential and athleticism there so I'd probably do it.

4. faraza84

faraza84 Member

outlaw was working for them, i dont think they want to lose him, and with oden back they will be more defensively tough at the front court
    jack,roy,outlaw,aldrige,oden
    **** that sounds like a good team and another competitor for the playoffs

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

'What I heard' from a (semi) reliable source was Battier - Outlaw/Fernandez/swap of #1s

Who knows if that really is on Blazers' radar...or Rox.

6. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Stop posting or do some homework before posting something this ridiculous. Facts are facts.

* It wasn't a "50 win team". They went from 50 wins to 45 and then 49.

* Gasol averaged 20.4 ppg and played 3,132 minutes on the 49 win team. He was injured, averaged fewer ppg and played 2,133 with Rudy Gay. I have a hunch you're arithmatically challenged so I'll do it for you. Based on 40 mpg, that's 25 fewer games with Rudy Gay.

* The 49 team was the last time Damon Stoudamire and Chucky Atkins resembled NBA starters.

* The 49 win MEM was the last time Eddie Jones averaged double figures scoring in the NBA.

* Bobby Jackson played 808 minutes for the 49 win team. He was gone the following season.

* Lo Wright was the quality backup to Gasol on the 49 win team. With Wright's departure in Gay's rookie season and with Gasol being injured, 47% of the center minutes were distributed amongst Swift, Alexander Johnson, Jake Tsakalides and Warrick. (Source: 82 games).

* Tarrance Kinsey and Kyle Lowry were also rookies with Rudy Gay. The played 28% of the available PG minutes due to the declining games of Stoudamire and Atkins.

#46 GATER, Apr 23, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I don't want to shoot holes in this supposed deal, but didn't morey trade the lotto pick for shane? I mean shane avg 9ppg on a memphis team that was desperate. What didn't he know then that he know now?

I like jack and outlaw. Outlaw is a guy who's skill is trying to catch his atheleticism. Jack shouldve been the pick instead of luther. The guy was actually a pg in college. He's never going to be a great 3pt threat, but he is a good mid range shooter and has a good shot selection. Doesn't it seem like every off season is make or break for the rox?

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Portland (supposedly) wants Battier to bring his intangibles there, to jumpstart the maturation process for all their youngsters (so I was told).

9. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Oh man! Say no to Jarrett Jack. This dude lost a few games for the Blazers on his own sucking ways.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

upcoming or past?

11. Asian Sensation

Blake for Alston straight up.

Outlaw+Frye for Battier.

12. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Blake for Alston? Why bother? Blake is not better than Alston. Period.

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

U can't stop Gater, u can only hope to contain him :D

I'm glad u brought that info because people get stuff mixed up on this board. If u put shane on a gasol less team, its over. Also, I think J will was on that playoff team in memphis. Not only that, they fired the coach. So ur best player is hurt, u fire the coach and u play in the west. Its not hard to see lottery in ur future.

14. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

What I heard from the horses mouth...POR GM Kevin Pritchard...was that he regards Rudy Fernandez as another Kevin Martin. A direct quote on an NBA LP game. If Fernandez is that close, we'll never get him for Battier.

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

16. krockets

krockets Member

Guys, cool down, this news is coming from Portland, a team that have obviously show interests in Battier. Personally, I don't believe Morey would be this dumb to discuss a trade scenario in public. And even if Morey did think of it before, that was like a year ago, things change during the season.

17. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I don't think Pritchard actually believes that. Sounds to me like he's hyping Fernandez for a trade this off-season.

EDIT: LongTimeFan beat me to it.

18. Asian Sensation

I think he is. He's efficient, shoots much better from the 3pt line, he's 4 years younger and plays less minutes than Rafer. I'd like to see what he can do as a full time starter.

19. SourGrapes

SourGrapes Member

That's funny, because I remember how you were so sure that Rafer wouldn't be the starter this year.

20. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member