1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/21/2008 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Even if Tmac had all the parts that you just name. He still lacks that will to win. That's an important ingredient that all great players had. Because if he did have the parts he would defer to the other players. He has the ability, he just doesn't have the will. And the people on this board just don't understand that.

2. HoustonRockets

With the Jazz leading the best-of-seven series 2-0, Utah forward Carlos Boozer left the floor with the pronouncement: "We're not coming back to Houston."

Lets go Rockets!

3. lastmanstanding

I'm so glad I had to study. I would've been mad watching it.

4. comehere2

comehere2 Member

dump that girl already. move on.

5. s3ts

s3ts Member

Rockets better have the balls to contest that.

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

TMac did handle the ball too much and the problem shoudl be solved by playing him off the ball more.

Every time he sat, Utah was making a run. That's the problem, we gotta find a way to scre even withouth him on the court and with him on the court. We just have to knock down shots, that's all. And of ccourse it would be good to give Tracy more rest before 4th quater.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The Rockets played well with Brooks handling the ball, but when Bjax came in for Brooks, Tmac took over the the motion and attacking of the rim stopped and the game was lost.

DD

8. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

The problem (movement) will be solved when Alston comes back.

9. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

So did that ref, or the NBA, apologize yet or at least make a statement regarding AK's flop?

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Stu Jackson said it was a good call. He of course admitted that Kirilenko floped but it was Scola's foul. I still think they shouldn't have called it in that stage of the game.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You don't make that call at that time in the game, let the players decide, at BEST it was a bad call.

DD

12. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

If Alston plays game 3..... its best for this team if T-mac is not the primary ball handler and does not play at the top of the key.... All the pick and roll does is it forces a double on him.... Instead allow him to be the primary scorer and play him of screens and have iso'd at the wings.... that way he uses less energy and his chance of not being doubled is less... I trust Alston being the primary set up man.... He is a low turnover guy and honestly thats all we need now.

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

very bad call and i can say that it cost us game 2

14. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

If the rockets can come back and win....I would like all the people saying this series is over to apologize because you don't deserve to be a fan.

If you want to be a fan where your team wins like every game by 30 points and is the #1 seed with a record of 82-0. Then I'm sorry sports are not for you.

Please just leave this forum and go away and never come back.

What do you want from these guys Tmac scores 1 pt in 4rth quarter..What about the other 10 guys on the team?

Get a grip and seriously for the love of god don't be stupid!

15. battousai

battousai Member

first fo all, they will never admits their mistakes. Was it a foul at that moment?

sure there was contact from Scola on AK, but there was a defensive move. Scola had his right arm extended across AK's chest and his hand pressed against AK's body. That's not foul. AK flopped and caused us the game.

If that's a foul, then everytime someone wrap their arms around Yao, all Yao needs to do is flopped and there should be a foul called right?

instead of debating this, I think the NBA should review if any refs were involved with gambling. THis is a game where Rox was the favor to win and refs stole it from us.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I totally agree. It was an obvious call and if they want to call every foul like that in that close game than they are just stupid. It was so close game, that 3 would have tied it and damn, it was only a little contact by Scola, he put his arm on Kirilenko but come on.

One position before he was hammered by Utah around the rim ald the refs also didn't call a foul.

17. ttuckid

ttuckid Member

It seems like people are worried about the foul called on Scola, but no one says anything about the fact that Brooks put Williams to the floor and out of the game at the end of the third period. There was no foul called on that one. Please do not hang the game on the refs. They call some and don't call others. As some have said, Too many missed free throws and layups is what cost Houston the game.

18. StevieCrossover

man it doesn't even matter no more!!! every year we get a crappy horse donkey call that costs use the game. especially the dallas play-off series, it was a bunch of horrible calls. So now when some refs calls and costs the rockets the game, It doesn't matter no more because it always happens. Seems kind of like a coincident that it always happens in the play-offs. Ak47 must have been in great pain when scola touched him on his chest. The NBA is getting less exciting to watch with all this flopping going around. If i wanted to watch someone flop then i'll watch wrestling.

19. SourGrapes

SourGrapes Member

This is off-topic, but does anyone know whatever happened to durvasa and Carl Herrera?

Those two were good posters and I never see their posts anymore. Maybe they just wanted to avoid the the haters and bandwagon fans that are infesting the GARM. I don't blame them.

20. TheMountainTop

Tony Brothers kind of looks like the main guy from house of payne.