1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. SourGrapes

SourGrapes Member

Disgusting. Look from 0:11-0:14. Battier was wide open for three for eternity! Scola never saw him though. This was before the flop too.

2. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

John Hollinger thought the same way.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080422

3. krockets

krockets Member

Before we get Scola, I might sign and send your request to the NBA office, but now, I am not so sure.. We flopped much more this year compare to the last.. :)

4. mister pc

mister pc Member

The Kirilenko flop was disgraceful, and its not the first time he has blatantly flopped in a crucial situation, ie the last minute of a playoff game. He should be fined or at least warned or something. Although I must say I saw some Rockets flops that upset me during that game as well.

5. natrix964909

natrix964909 Member

The ref might or might not be looking at T-mac. However, it is indisputable that he can only see AK47's backside and cannot see Scola's hand. Therefore, he was in absolutely no position to make a call. He could see AK47's reaction to whatever happened but could not in any way see Scola's actions.

6. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Yup, foul. For three reasons
    1. No Rocket can be within 2 feet of an opponent. Scrubola is clearly within the restricted zone.
    2. The Rockets were within one basket of tying the game. Brothers had bet that the Jazz would win straight up.
    3. The NBA refs are *never* wrong. Stooge Jackson said so.

7. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

I've never seen a Rocket throw their head back like they've been punched though. I see the Jazz do it every game.

btw what is boobing?

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

You know what's funny is that AK would have easily gotten to Tmac if he hadn't flopped.

That kind of contact is something you would see when two opposing players are fighting for a rebound, or a loose ball. It is NEVER called. NEVER. Plus it had absolutely no bearing on the play, even if Tmac was the one to shoot it. Under that scenario, AK would have had only himself to blame for flailing like a jackass instead of getting a hand in his face.

Also, flopping and taking a charge are two clearly different things. One should be rewarded, the other has no business in the game. Battier is a prime example of the former, while Scola (while he does try to create the charge) is a pretty good example of the latter. But honestly, you can hardly blame the players when the refs are the idiots that allow it to happen.

#88 JunkyardDwg, Apr 24, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I just don't get it

Everytime I see the reaplay of that awful FLOP I'm pissed of. It was so obvious flop and the refs just killed us with it.

I don't even want to think what they're gonna call in Utah...

10. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

if you can't beat them join them.. the whole league is stryfe with floppers... we are never going to stop flopping (esp with refs as old as dirt that can't tell the difference) so we need a TEAM of them to go anywhere. We need to quit complaining and get a few of our own. I am tired of being pissed off about flopping.. didn't Stern say a couple years ago that they were going to crack down on it? I say bull****.

11. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Truth: We don't get calls at home. We don't get calls on the road.

12. TheRocketRules

I can't beleive that this is still being debated. Kirilenko flopped. He was also fouled. And honestly, I think that Battier and Scola flop various times throughout the game. It all depends on which team you root for. If your team flops, then it is a smart play to sell the foul, if the other team does it then it's an outrage.

13. Aleks07

Aleks07 Member

I hate that the game was over with a call like that. If we would have make some FT's it wouldn't have, but whatever.

You know what I would love to see? A protest flop by the whole team! On the Jazz's 1st offensive position have all 5 starters do the biggest, most dramatic freakin flops they can do. Shoot, even have the bench do it. I mean like seriously over the top fake flops! It would cost us 2 points but I think that it would be the coolest thing ever. The worst flopping franchise in the history of the earth having an entire team flop against them.

It'll never happen but if it did, I would be a big fat one right in their faces. But we all know they will never stop.

14. TheRocketRules

Nobody likes flopping, but the Rockets have a couple of master floppers as well. AK flopped no doubt, but it was a foul and did not decide the outcome of the game.

15. magnetik

if we don't flop.. I say bring Deke in and sharpen his elbows.. and go all shoriuken on their ass. Give them a real reason to flop. Just make sure they can't get back up.

16. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

What will ever change? Dick Motta (a world-class A-Hole) taught Sloan (his A-Hole illegitimate son) to flop when he was playing for the Bulls, now Sloan teaches his punks. Three generations. And smart money says that if Stockton ever coaches, he'll teach the same crap to another generation.
    It'll always be the trump card for slow footed white boys that can't guard the quick footed...
    Always.
    P.S. I'm a slow footed white boy myself but I never stooped to it. Death before dishonor.

17. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

ITs going to cause some controversy if a ref says "you were flopping"...which is one reason why I think the NBA hasnt done much with it

18. ttuckid

ttuckid Member

I guess that Deron Williams flopped when Brooks sent him to the floor and out of the game at the end of the third period?

The press said that he left because of a sprainded ankle.
    When asked about it latter he did not know what sprain they were talking about. It was a take down and a half. No call was made.

Don't whine about floppers and say that the Rockets are the only ones who play fair and don't flop.

Anyone who watched the games knows better.

Jazz in 4.

19. magnetik

Yep that's what it looked like to me.. what's Brooks.. like 150lbs with his shoes on?

20. ibm

ibm Member

yeah, brooks kinda fouled. the refs didn't blow the whistle. deron fell down hurt. so what's your point about flopping by the utah players? :rolleyes:

and don't tell me that was the only thing the ref didn't call. watch your bigs set a pick. moving screen 9 out of 10 times. and they stick they dirty elbows out. how many times the zebras call that?

to play for sloan, before you show you've got skills, you've got to show (1) you can be dirty; (2) you can flop; or (3) better yet, you can do both. otherwise you just can't play for sloan. no need to go far. malone, stockton, russell, okur, ak, harpring, fisher, you name them. everyone of them has AT LEAST one of the "qualities" i just mentioned. it's just a hard fact, no matter whether they can play good ball or not.