1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Win 2 games in Utah? No way!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BrooksBall, Apr 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Don't flatter yourself. Everyone realizes it- it's just pitiful though.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

After all the abuse you took for "Playoffs No Way," I can't believe you are back for more. Addicted to "slam down?" I will say this, you have statistics on your side. A sweep is probably 80%, maybe more. Two victories by the Rockets on the Jazz home court, I give it a 1% chance, but I hope it happens.

3. SourGrapes

SourGrapes Member

Agreed. What's next?

"D.J. Augustin falls on the Rockets lap at the 25th pick in the draft? No way!"

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

You cant win two playoff games on the road with a tired Tracy, especially in UTAH.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Lamer is Rockets not winning in Utah and proving him right

6. LoveRoxHateJazz

Seriously BrooksBall, the world doesn't revolve around you. And niether does the BBS.

7. rocketslover

rocketslover Rookie

its possible, but not with a lot of critical mistakes, they have to minimize their bad passes and avoid foul trouble and Luis Scola needs to practice his mid-range shots he can only do layups the wizards are winning after a 0-2 stretch against cavs, and people said they didnt have a chance......

8. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

the guy was trying to repeat the reverse-jinx that he was able to pull off with his "playoffs, no way!" thread... he owned it up, admitted he was an idiot and dead wrong, and is trying to help the team now..

what does he get?

a bunch of furious r****ded attention-whoring 10 year olds attacking him..

very classy..

9. compacer

compacer Member

I know it seems like a hard task to win two in a in Utah especially considering that the Jazz have only lost 4 games at home all season, but i still have faith. Hey no one thought we could win 22 in a row. No one thought we could or make the playoffs after Yao went out for the season. BUT WE DID. So my point is what is with all the pessimism? The Rockets still have a chance. I am not going to give up on this team till its over. What good does it do to just sit back and complain and say oh there is no way we can win. This first step to losing is giving up hope. Lets hope the Rockets have not given up hope like you.

10. SourGrapes

SourGrapes Member

That's ironic, because it would seem like making a thread called "Playoffs? No way!" and then mocking his own thread twice seems rather attention-whorish to me.

11. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Sorry. No such thing as an on purpose jinx.

Unless you're ZRB.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Many on the board made sure to bump that thread every day of the winning streak and after... they didn't have any problem making sure lots of attention was placed on him then. I'm sure BrooksBall is just having fun with it and hoping the same effect happens and the Rockets can rebound at a time when it looks grim.

BrooksBall -- any chance we can get a "Acquire a better point guard? No way!" thread in the offseason?

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

two reverse jinx attempts on Utah in one week is trying too hard.

14. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Sorry BrooksBall but you have to sincerely believe in that statement to make the jinx work. I.e. Write a three paragraph post like you did last time of why you think we wont win 2 games in a row in Utah. Then stubbornly defend your position as the Rockets prove you wrong. THAT's how the reverse jinx works lol.

15. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The NBA.

Where Brooksball anti-jinx threads wins games!

16. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

vary nice

17. sando

sando Member

Nice job Brooksball :rolleyes: Another "No Way" is what we need.

18. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

I demand more anti-jinx

19. Zfan

Zfan Member

Reverse jinx... good job Brooksball

20. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

BROOKSBALL. PLEASE. SAY WE CAN'T WIN THIS SERIES.