1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade TMac for Manu?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Would you trade Tmac for Manu

1. Yes

312 vote(s)
    37.1%
  2. No

528 vote(s)
    62.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

It's a tough call. Next season we can't have anymore crap where the ball moves around and when it gets to McGrady it just stops. This is supposed to be a motion offense.

2. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Tmac is cripple. The only thing Tmac can do that Manu can't, is talk crap and eat his words.

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

If Manu became a Rocket my fanhood would be on hiatus until he retires. I absolutely can not and will not cheer on a player that bogus and dirty. Plays real hard, but also plays dirty and fake.

4. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Try ping pong.

5. Seth

Seth Member

I think i will do it, but SA will never do it, NEVER EVER, they won´t even sign Scola because they didn´t want to disrupt the chemistry by bringing a good friend of Oberto and Manu and not letting him enough PT. They get rid of a good player that they would get for the cheap only to assure the chemistry remains.
    They have a strong argument whenever they are scouting, the so called goodguymanship, not on court maybe, but outside it, you won´t hear a single Spur nor his coach questioning a call, or answering to provocation, nor provoking the other team, and if you didn´t realize Ginobili is Spurs beast of burden, the guy sacrifices both from stats to money to stay competitive, such a big competitor he is that he handles the ball in the last 2 minutes of the game more than any other spur, and he is the most efficient scorer down the stretch for them and still the guy accepts to come from the bench, not to say that Duncan guy loves him.

Apart from this, and the fact that i will do the trade, i think T-Mac is a better player, not because "manu cannot do what tmac..." and that moronic talk, because of endurance, Manu cannot play 40+ minutes for 82 games, i am not saying McGrady can, but he can do it for 60, i don´t think Manu will last that long.

At the end of the games although i will always give Manu the ball no matter who is in there because his decision making is plain awesome.

Just if some want to check the most clutch players here is a great link

http://www.82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

6. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

great stats. but where's tmac? :D

7. Seth

Seth Member

Sortable NBA Player "Clutch" Stats
    For these stats "Clutch" is defined as:
    4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points
    Production per 48 Minutes of Clutch Time

Team Player Gm Min +/- +/- Fga Fg% 3pA 3p% Fta Ft% Pts Ast'd Reb Ast T/o Blk Stl
    SAS Ginobili 35 127 49 +18 20.3 .574 9.4 .440 16.9 93% 43.3 38% 7.2 10.5 2.6 0.4 3.0

HOU McGrady 24 67 17 +12 26.6 .405 7.2 .300 8.6 66% 29.5 20% 8.6 8.6 5.0 0.0 0.7

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ooops......In a tribute to John Kerry, I may have to flip back to my original stance, these are powerful arguments.

DD

9. Pringles

Pringles Member

i would do it.

1. manu, can make shots anywhere near the rim, even if there is a big man there. he'll do some scoop or something not imagined and do it. tmac usually likes to pass it to a big player, hoping that big player (last games's case, scola) to make a layup over the opponents defense. which should be money, but scola makes it harder than it should, hayes is..., landry takes alot of time to get up.

2. health issue

3. the respect he gets from refs. :mad:

but spurs won't do it.

1. tmac's contract
    2. their chemistry
    3. tmac's health

10. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Haha, come on, McGrady is way better than Manu and you all know it, I just don't know if you're playing sarcastic.

TMac is just making his team so much better, Manu?

No, I think if it wasn't for Duncan, Manu would be another poor man of TMac but that is pointless as we know that Rockets are in a deep hole and don't think of trading TMac, especially not for Manu "I'm a sixth man" Ginobili.

11. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

The fact that Manu's willing to come off the bench as a sixth man speaks powerfully to his unselfishness. Anywhere else and he would be a starter.

12. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

making his team better? we're down 0-2. is that better?

13. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

HP & DD.... This reminds me of the old days....

Good to see you posting again HP... Or have I been lurking so long, I did not even realize you were back in the action? :D :D

DD. hate the trade... Manu is about as unpredictable as Tmac.

As much as I HATE RAFER... I hope to see him for game 3. Outside of some defense, bobby jackson is killing us. Should of kept Brooks in longer last night at the end..

14. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

They won the Olympics without Duncan. :eek:

15. Champ Caliber

Champ Caliber Member

No, but I would add him.

16. diegot143

diegot143 Member

and mcgrady can? mcgrady is half man half season. i mean no insult or nothin he has played a long time but to me, for him to tell the media that hes tired and always grimising every time he gets touched it sort of does make the guy soft.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Ginobili's a better shooter, finisher, defender, and makes more hustle plays. Other than that, I do prefer to T-Mac.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

flip flopping on team opinion...okay. not wearing "homer glasses" or not "having the blinders on"...fair enough

apparent flip flopping on the team in general :confused:

19. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Where's Yao? CNT?

This is no dig at Yao, I love the guy and think he's one of the best players in the league, and the best center (better than Dwight Howard).

But at the end of the day, Yao Ming has been injury prone too. When it all comes down to it, hard or soft, T-Mac is out there playing. I don't think a lot of people here realize that Yao has also missed a lot of in recent seasons, the last 3 in a row, I believe. First it was the toe or whatever, then it was his leg last year, and now it's his foot. He wasn't even 100% in the playoffs.

T-Mac didn't quit on the team last season and he didn't this season. He kept playing through it and now the team and him are out there trying to win games for the team. Is he doing everything right? No. But what else are you going to do about it? Manu is not going to be so much better than T-Mac...that he'll propel this team over the hump.

Missing Yao is not like missing Rafer. Yao IS 1/3 of the team, almost literally. There's Yao, then T-Mac, then the rest. You are missing your most important piece and you are playing a vastly superior team with definitive strengths over you. What did you expect?

20. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Can Manu shoot better, finish better, defend better and make more hustle plays, being double and triple team? And BTW play 37+ minutes a game?

I say absolutely not.

Replace T-Mac with Manu in this series and we will be getting blown out the game.

Manu as a 3rd score, hell yes, as a #1 or #2, hell no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.