1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lower Bowl at the Toyota Center...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

This is too bad, because I like tough home-courts. Last year when Utah won game 4 at Golden State, it made it sweeter that the fans were going wild for most of the game.

Jazz fans annoy me, but I love their passion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

last night the lower bowl was ridiculous i swear people started to leave with almost 4 mins left in the game n we were down by 5. i was asked to sit 5 times b/c i was being to loud :confused: and ppl couldn't see over me i turn around n told this guy why don't you get up so you can see n the guy went on to call security and blah blah he was trying to get me kicked out but my whole row stood up for me and said they didn't have a problem with being loud. oh one more thing there was this guy in front of me the whole damn game he was watching videos of something on his ipod.

me n clutch. like my sign

[​IMG][/IMG]

3. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Um...during game 1, tshirts were given out just like those jazz shirts you are showing. the arena was full of red.

You guys are b****ing about the wrong thing...

Filling the TC is a business to the organization. Selling the team like they truly care about teh fans is something you all are falling for. I'm going to market and kiss the ass of the businesses that buy my lower bowl season tickets and suites...Not the spazzes that complain b/c you come down to the lower bowl once in a while or sneak down...pfth. Get a grip on reality people. Houston is FULL of businesses. Some of those business owners are true fans, but just b/c they don't stand up and yell and dress up in all red it doesn't make them any less of fans. You could argue that they are bigger ones since they most likely pay for full season tickets down there, when I would guess most of this board has not.

4. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Haha I saw him too! I like the Colts and all, but IT'S A DAMN ROCKETS GAME! I wanted to throw him over the ledge of the upper bowl.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Wow, that *IS* embarassing.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

And the corporate douches were only wearing them because there was cash prizes given out if you were wearing them.

:rolleyes: Right because people with money are obviously better than everybody else. They probably attend 10 games the whole year and leave everyone of them with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter regardless of the score.

hater?

You're ******* right I'm a hater.

If you seriously don't care too much about watching the game, at least recognize the fact that some people are huge fans and spent a hell of a lot more money than you did just to be able to come to the game much less buy a ticket.

Whining to security because somebody is being a true fan.

classless.

I hate the **** out that.

7. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I'll take passionless over classless.

Derek Fisher

8. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

Where ya'll the ones cheering for me right when I was getting off the edge of the seats?

LOL, they brought a HPD officer over thinking I was going to retaliate or something. I should've ran on to the court & stuffed D.Will's stuff! ;)

9. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Toyota Center is in downtown Houston- is it any wonder why there are so many execs?

10. EssTooKayTD

and? They wore it, and sported the whole red theme as everyone is so gung ho about. I come from work, I go to the game. If I don't happen to wear red, and HAPPEN to be wearing a shirt that is light blue (oh my gosh, such an uncommon color) that matches the opposing team, I'm a ****ty fan...riiiight.

Nope, never implied that. But they have spend the extra duckets to purchase season tickets. Whether it's for them or their clients. If they don't buy them who will? You already claim the TC is already empty, imagine if they didn't purchase them. I'm not going to get into that aspect of it any further than on the business side I spoke of. If it was your job to fill the TC, who are you going to cater to? That's right...the big bucks. The Lexus lounge and red and white sections are there for reasons. And the cutouts of unknown "Rockets" by the toyota cars are there for the "other" fans.

Here's the catch bro. Just as you have every right to enjoy the game you paid to see, so did they. Security will find it easier to ask you to calm down than to ask they quiet person to be loud. You can still enjoy the game if you both sit down, but the other person can't if you are up yelling.

And they spent just as much if not more than you did. What makes them less of a fan? Sure, there are some people that fit your criteria, but not all. you are generalizing far too much. I've asked this before, but what makes me any less of a fan if I don't yell and dress all in red? People yell stupid crap all the time when I'm at games, and I don't say anything. I am a nonconfrontational type. But they typically keep it to a reasonable level. If you have to be told to chill out, perhaps you aren't keeping it to a reasonable level.

Some people like to enjoy a movie while talking to it, some hate it when people talk during movies. You both enjoy the movie, but the person talking could easily still enjoy the movie without talking over it.

11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Wow, finalsbound that picture is sickening.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

we need macalu to shove some meat in front your face for your paranoia of people calling each other by their handles :rolleyes:

jesus christ.....

btw, I'll throw my 2 cents in when I get home tonight. ill write my novel about the situation. I'm as furious as everybody I was with last night

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I wish they would stop making the t-shirts XL.

14. EssTooKayTD

Still too tight for you too playa? I keeeed.

15. diehardrockets

Man, just don't do it. You paid the same amount for the ticket as them and there are no laws that say you have to sit down while attending an NBA game. The pricks that told you that can just leave if they don't like it.

16. EssTooKayTD

Never mind just simple common courtesy for your fellow fans...

Look fellas, I'll never be the guy asking you to sit down, but you gotta be able to see where they are coming from. The seats are there for a reason. People like to sit in them. Standing up to cheer is awesome, I do it from time to time. At the same time, why not just sit down, enjoy the game with the crowd, give that same guy a high five when the Rockets do something instead of being the guy considered an ass b/c he wants to butt heads with other people?

I don't see why that's so bad.

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

no one is butting heads. they're/we're just cheering.

when i get home, i'm going to write my novel.

18. Greg8231984

Greg8231984 Member

Yeah first home game of the season I was asked to sit down after standing the first couple minutes of the first game.

Oh God, I didn't go to this year's playoff games, but last year I went to the first one. My friend was actually told to sit down in an exicting Jazz/Rockets game....he laughed and turned back around.

Damn old people going to games thinking it's some kind of social event or theyre bored or something. Go to a horse race or some **** or ice skating competition, this is sports.

19. diehardrockets

I wouldn't mind doing this.

20. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

To play devil's advocate here, I can kind of see how it'd be annoying to have to sit behind someone wanting to stand the whole game. Now, if you're in the Red Rowdies section then you should expect it; otherwise you're just a dumbass. But in the other areas of TC, don't the fans have just as much a right to watch the game from the comfort of their seats without being blocked by someone standing the whole time? It gets tiring standing a cheering the WHOLE game; much props to the Rowdies for doing it all season, because I was exhausted from the one game I joined them. I love to cheer, and I'll stand up when the team makes some exciting plays or goes on a run, or it's late in the game. But I do like to sit myself (not the whole time); and I'm still capable of cheering my butt off while in my seat. Although, in the playoffs I'd spend a lot less time in my seat and a lot more time standing and cheering for every play; since the intensity is that much higher.

And I can understand the complaints, but the TC seemed pretty damn loud during game 1 and 2. I was there for the playoffs against the Lakers and I remember it being the loudest I had ever known. It was insane. It may not have been continuously that loud the whole game (in this series), but then lets face, everytime the Rockets did something to get the crowd pumped their momentum was stopped.

As for the corporate seats, I hate the fact that they get the best seats and don't cheer as much as the next guy. But that won't change; they have those seats because they shell out the money for them. And I'd imagine this problem isn't exclusive to just TC, but some of ya'll make it seem like it is. Also, in game 1 I was proud of the fact that pretty much everybody in the arena was wearing red. It looked really good on tv; I could care less how they got everyone to put on the shirts, so long as they did.

All I know is, that it's clear that Houston, like many other cities, has a lot of fairweather fans. But, when said fans are given something to cheer about, they do come out and support the team and really get behind them (except the corporates, that won't change). It's kind of hard to compare to a Utah (where the Jazz are the ONLY major sports team) or the Warriors (who hadn't been to a playoff series in a decade before Nelly returned and were hungry). But the crowds at TC, since the team has been doing well, are far from the worst crowds you'll find in the NBA.

Also, I wouldn't confuse sellouts with attendance. Because I highly doubt the games weren't sold out (if they were please correct me). Now whether everybody showed up is another story, because I do recall seeing a chunk of seats in the lower bowl empty for much of game 2 and that was pretty pathetic.

And in times like these, I think you need to remind yourselves that it could be worse; at least this isn't Miami. That arena was like a tomb during the Heat's championship run.