1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we lose to the Jazz

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketballin, Apr 21, 2008.

1. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

I truly hope that they get to the finals. Only to get raped by the Boston Celtics. How sweet it will feel to know that Sloan wont have a ring. He is such a jackass with his style of play, I really hate him.

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Haha. It could very well happen.

THey make it all the way to the finals tired and fatigued from their series with the other west. conference juggernauts. By they time they reach Celtics, they'll be too tired...

3. fayesun

fayesun Member

they will lose to the lakers anyway. boozer=looooozer

4. jason_long

jason_long Member

laker will beat them. Kobe will let them know what a real super-star is.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

sloan won't get a ring.

the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

stockton and malone couldn't deliver a ring. building the same team with lesser players won't get them there.

6. HoustonRockets

I doubt they will get past Spurs, Lakers, or Suns.

Spurs would kill them like last years playoffs.
    Gasol n Kobe 1-2 punch would hurt them.
    Suns if they play defense can win....amare n shaq would murder them.

7. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

I don't want to watch them flop to the finals

8. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Jazz would definitely lose to the Spurs, they would have no shot.

9. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Lakers Celtics

No way Jazz get past Kobe. Bynum or no bynum.

Just think... If the Rockets are coming with making 100% free throws of being up 2 games at this point, all while being down our CENTER and our PG...

Yep. Lakers beat these fools.

IF we don't re-birth Clutch City, that is. ;)

10. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

If the Jazz can barely, barely get past a team missing 40% of its starters, there is absolutely no way they're going to win a Chip this year. I'm setting myself up for classic quotedom right now, but the fact of the matter is that without a significant injury to their opponents to win 3 more series without home-court advantage.

They're not Clutch City. No one will ever be Clutch City again.

11. TheHangover

TheHangover Member

Maybe it'll be like Celtic Pride and some Boston fans will kidnap Boozer and torture him.

12. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

get to the finals?? if by some kind of miracle they can beat lakers, the spurs would still beat their asses back down to earth.

13. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

Did you actually think this out before posting? Do you know how hard it is for a team to win back-to-back road games in the playoffs, let alone the first two of the series? Even the most optimistic of media members had Utah doing no better than a split in the first two.

Look, Utah pretty much controlled game one. They dictated the play and won every quarter. Every Jazz fan knew game 2 would be far different, because, as Tracy McGrady said, it was a must win. And anytime a team is facing a must win situation, they're going to fight and scrap and do just about everything in their power to win. The Rockets did just that and it wasn't enough. Utah took the Rockets punches over and over again and did not fold. A poorer team, a less experienced team, probably would.

Now I'm not saying the Jazz are good enough to beat the Lakers, in fact, I really don't know, but I think they'll give them a helluva series. And while I understand Rocket fans are angry at the loss tonight, the Jazz did something Utah has never done in franchise history: Go up 2-0 without home-court advantage. That's a pretty staggering statistic, especially when you realize Utah opened a lot of series on the road once before.

So I disagree, I think the Rockets are talented enough to win 22-straight and are talented enough to win a game at home. However, I think the Jazz are a better team and that's why they took these two games. But don't fool yourself, no one thought it would be easy. I didn't think it would and neither did many Rocket fans, as they expected a game 2 victory. Utah showed a lot of toughness tonight by not being content with a split. They went in for the kill and that's the type of mentality that wins championships. In fact, that was probably my biggest beef with the Stockton and Malone teams, as they always got comfortable and let teams back into the series (1994 semi-finals against Denver, when Utah went up 3-0 and then watched the Nuggets force a 7th game).

Utah may not beat the Lakers, but they won't go down without a fight.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

jazz will lose b4 finals

15. AGBee

AGBee Member

Utah played a solid game 1 and squeaked out game 2 against a 5th seed that's missing 2 of its starters. The Jazz will be butt hurt when facing the Lakers/Spurs/Celtics/whoever on their homecourt.

16. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Nah,
    I'm pretty sure the Lakers will take care of them.

Tough loss. I was at the game. Did not realize how bad that call on Scola was. Tony Brothers really dicked the Rockets on that one.

17. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

Uh huh, and why should I believe a Rocket fan? I mean, you guys said Houston had this. In only a few hours, most on this board went from saying the Rockets would win, to saying Utah struggled against a depleted Rockets team and it proves they ain't got what it takes to do anything in the playoffs. That is some sorry logic.

I don't care how good Houston is, it's difficult for a team to sweep another, let alone start the series 2-0 ON THE ROAD. You can make excuses, but the Jazz went into your house (the place you had lost to only once since January) and beat you twice. Twice. It isn't easy for any team, no matter how good, to win a game 2 after going up 1-0, because, as McGrady said, it was do or die for the Rockets. They were going to put out their best effort and it still was not good enough to beat the Jazz at home.

Now the series shifts back to Salt Lake and if the games are closer and come down to the final minute, then you may have a point. But I have a feeling the Jazz will blow the doors off the Rockets and they'll play very tough against the Lakers in the next round. Maybe not tough enough to win, but they'll play well for most of the series. Whether you want to believe it or not.