1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

4/13/08 - Spurs @ Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ndnguy85, Apr 13, 2008.

1. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Bring on the suns.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Once again the Spurs offense completely hits the skids in the 2nd half.

Now the Spurs and Suns will "duke it out" to avoid the Jazz and play the Rockets in the 1st round.

3. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I`d really prefer the 5th seed... With the 5th seed we`d play the Jazz first, possibly with HCA. With the 3d seed we`d probably play the Suns. If we advance, as a 5th seed we`d play the winner of NO-DEN (or LAL-GSW), while we`d probably play the winner of LAL-DAL as the 3d seed.

Right now, I`d rather stay in the 5th seed, or get up to the 2d or 3d seed. I`d really want to prevent playing the Suns in the first round...

By the way, when was the last time the Spurs played in a bad matchup in the first round?

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Huh? I'm pretty sure the Lakers have to have the Rockets lose a game to get the #1 spot. They lose the tiebreaker to us in a head-to-head, and we win the 3-way tiebreaker (as it stands now) between the Rockets, Hornets and Lakers...

5. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

ur missing some stuff in the GARM. rockets have a chance to get #1.

6. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

San Antonio hasnt build up any momentum after all-star break in this season. The Spurs' plays are on and off. Tim Duncan is not his normal self. His post moves always fall short but TD is healthy. Strange! It doesnt seem TD is holding back. If TD cant find his stride in the 1st round, the Spurs wont be contender. 2008 is an even year anyway.

7. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

ABC said the Lakers would clinch the #1 spot with a Kings win.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Why are people still talking about the #5 seed being the best. The freaking #1 seed is the best. We can get it!!

sheesh people

9. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

The spurs' master plan is to tank their rest of games and grab the 6th seed to face whoever will be the 3rd seed. They don't really fear nobody in the top 3 seeds.

10. BryanD

BryanD Member

ABC IS WRONG!!

With the Spurs losing big today, that puts the Spurs at 54-27.

Therefore, in order for the Rockets to take first place in the WC, they have to win their three remaining games and New Orleans lose one more game (best bet would be against Dallas in a road game). Even if LA wins against Sacramento, Rockets have the head-to-head tiebreaker vs LAL.

GO ROCKETS!!

11. The Cat

I'm pretty certain by the rulebook that ABC is wrong. National media types often overstate the role of division winners.

12. The Cat

The Hornets don't have to lose another game... Rockets now control their own destiny. Rockets win a three-way tiebreaker.

EDIT: Forgot, the Lakers have to beat the Kings. So no, Rockets don't fully control their own destiny. My mistake.

13. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

The Spurs SUCK.

14. BryanD

BryanD Member

No, I'm afraid N.O. does have to lose another game. The Hornets and Rockets have 25 losses each, with N.O. owning the division tiebreaker against Houston. No worries, here, because I still think Dallas will beat N.O. in Dallas :D

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

ABC said if it was a three way time rockets would be #1. They hold the three way tie breaker because of h2h vs other two teams, but they wouldn't have HC against NO.

16. BryanD

BryanD Member

You're right -- COOL!! :D I forgot about the three-way tie!!

Dudes, this is EXCELLENT!! WE REALLY DO CONTROL OUR DESTINY!!

Scoreboard watching is OVER!!

GIMME SOME OF THOSE NUGGETS!!

17. OrangeCountyCA

Everyone is underestimating and overlooking the Rockets. By everyone, I mean everyone outside of this site. The Rockets will be the #1 seed if they win the rest of their games.

You have to look at the losses colum. Right now the Rockets, Lakers, and Hornets all have 25 loses.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Man that loss as SAC really hurts

19. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

:mad:

20. The Cat

EDIT: you saw it, never mind. :D