1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis -- Rockets 101, Suns 90

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

What about when Grant Hill grabbed Deke and threw him backwards late in the game? Or when Shaq broke Mutombo early in the game?

Deke had lots of minutes and took a lot of shots last night. There was a shot on the screen of two people holding up signs asking Deke to comeback one more year.

I laughed and thought that this might not be the best night to ask. I bet he is sore today. We should probably wait and ask him to return in July, when he has had a chance to recover from the aches and pains of the season.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You know, we really won this game by not turning the ball over and shooting a good percentage. Crisp, clean, efficient offense for 48 minutes combined with good, quick defense that caused PHX to cough up the ball and take off balance long jumpers down in the shot clock. That has got to be attributed to our quickness, actually being quicker than them most of the time. Phoenix is no longer an ultra fast ultra quick team. Removing Marion takes away from their speed and quickness by itself. Then adding Shaq further erodes their speed and quickness. We shot pitiful from distance last night. Plus all the other factors, Yao and Shane gone, McGrady injured.

The other thing that Adelman did last night was to spell McGrady with Novak. I've been waiting and waiting for this adjustment. Novak is the floor spreader and offensive threat that we need on the floor when McGrady is resting to keep the defense honest and make them accountable. He was very effective for his 10 minutes. Sure hope Adelman continues this rotation with Novak backing up McGrady.

3. Rocks4ever

Rocks4ever Contributing Member

Although I'm definitely with you re: Novak subbing for McGrady, I think Battier's absence forced Adelman's hand here. I'm pretty sure that Battier is the normal sub for McGrady when Mac usually rests in the second quarter.

Also, I'm glad you brought up the turnovers. One aspect of the streak that people usually don't think about is how well we took care of the ball in addition to our phenomenal shooting. With Yao out, this team has a very low margin for error, and one way to compensate is great defense and low turnovers.

4. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

You won't be saying that if Shane can't guard Carmelo on Sunday.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

is there a bigger prick in the league than amare? what a douche.

6. Rox1984

Rox1984 Member

7. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Nice win. Great game by all the team.

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Mutombo gave him a lesson. He is good talent, but he's not a great talent, he's just hot right now. ... he's a little b!#ch, though and has no kind of respect for the game...getting into a hissy fit everytime someone blocks your shot or shying away basket when someone is about to dunk and you run off like a little jack rabbit because you are afraid get posterize....he's good player not a great one.

9. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

Did anybody see the play where Scola pumped faked Stoudemire, got him on his back and then made the basket? I can't understand how that was not called continuation, basket good and Scola shooting 1 free throw. Watching the replay on TV, Clyde said Stoudemire should of been whistled for a T for hanging on the rim.

10. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

I think that's And 1 play for Scola but no T for Amare. Amare hanged on the rim and couldnt come down because Scola was under the basket.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree, not sure why that basket did not count...other than bad refereeing !

DD

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

that was the dumbest call i've even seen. how could they miss it??

He was hanging on the rim! And it was an abvious shooting fould and I can't understand why we had the ball from the side.

13. CrystalPistol

CrystalPistol Member

hahahaha, i was thinking the exact same thing... he is so cool with all of his tattoos,... thug life!!

14. Robert

Robert Contributing Member

That's what we should all do! It appears rox can hang with any team in the playoffs (home or away), as long as they put out that kind of effort. And I can't see how they won't, with the coaching and lineup they have now.

15. sook

sook Rookie

OMG HAHA SO FUNNY! On the Sun's forrums they were like "WTF whos CARL LANDRY?!?! He has more Points, Offensive reb than Hill, Diaw, and Nash combined! You cant win with a stat like that." Most see us as contenders but some still dont :(

16. Robert

Robert Contributing Member

ROFLMAOF!

17. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

On one hand you ahve the foul on the shot attempt. On the other hand, you have the guy hanging on the rim while Scola is under him. I can see not having the technical because he cant land on Scola, but there perhaps could ahve been goaltending since Amare's hand was grabbing the rim. Just a blown call all over. Love how the Rockets got some bad calls early on them and it just ticked them off. Its like they said 5 on 8. Bring it!

It should also be noted that the referee that made some really dumb calls in the Sacremento game and threw out Miller was at this game. I dont think we'll be seeing him again, especially in the postseason. He is crooked.

18. mic

mic Contributing Member

I had a great time at the game last night.

19. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Me too. I thought i picked a bad game to go to, and after the suns took the early lead I was fearing a bad blowout. It ended up being a great game to go to, epecially because of the hakeem ceremony. Man talk about a fun time.

20. diegot143

diegot143 Member

i cant express the importance of scola.. every time when the rockets are down he always always seems to be the person that fights and gets the team back in it. The nba is about talent (Mcgrady). But in Europe its more about personality and presence. Scola was MVP in spain not bc of talent but bc of presence leadership and heart. Its so good to have in in a rockets uniform its about time the rockets got somebodyh like him. Thanks spurs for giving him to us for nothing lol