1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sonics 4/4/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 4, 2008.

1. JOHNNYN

JOHNNYN Member

did battier really hold kevin durant to 4 points?

2. beachboys

beachboys Member

Can anybody tell me whats happened to alston? He missed 2 games already.

3. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I think Alston's got a hamstring injury, but he's expected back soon.

The Rockets need him. This is the second game in a row where T-Mac's got more than twice as many shot attempts as everybody else. That might get the job done against Portland and Seattle. I really doubt that it will work against LA or Utah.

4. WillG

WillG Member

we need 1 more win to get clinch a playoff spot right? Lakers just got their 52nd and have a clinched playoff spot

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Mutombo is a better dunker than Yao Ming, did you see that reverse dunk this game :eek: .
    Lol I love this old man. He should be in the age 35 + dunk contest.

6. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

We'll clinch with a win and a Warriors loss

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It happened in Sacramento with Rafer. I think T-Mac has just been more aggressive with his shot on the road trip.

8. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Tracy is always more agressive on the road

9. bizzyboi

bizzyboi Member

I hate to say this, but to all you who complain about how TMAC doesn't get calls like other superstars - TMAC just does NOT have the persona to be a superstar. Superstars impose their will and demand that respect from the refs. They DEMAND the calls that win them ballgames. TMAC might be physically gifted like a superstar but he just does not cut it when it comes to mental make-up. That puts him one notch under superstar and is the reason he will not make it to the hall of fame.

Here's to hoping the Rockets somehow miraculously make another run in the playoffs.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Harmstring injury. I wouldn't be suprised is he didn't play the whole road trip (only LAC game left).

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PVJXVJfY90s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PVJXVJfY90s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Actually, he is someone who has pride for himself. There is no pride in whining (literally whining) at a ref, and forcing the ref to give you a call. Look at Kobe, whining every game, no respect for the refs. Look at this Techs.

How about dwyane wade? The guy gets call from contactless layups. He HAS special treatment, there is no doubt.

Look at Ginobli, making a name for himself as a flopper, offensively and defensively. The last thing I want my favourite player to do is whine and flop just to get a call.

If the refs ain't giving you respect, then you play another style. Shoot jumpers, pass. Thats what T-mac does. He plays smart, whats the point of attacking the basket 15 times just for that 1 call. Kobe does that, and his team will probably be down by 15 by then if he just kept attacking.

As for hall of fame, well lets just say he is the top 10 in nba in percentage chance, at around 86%. So I guess that isn't very high.

I will admit that his mental toughness isn't that tough, but thats because he is frustrated after all these years. Playoffs, his team never shows up, look at last year. He had tons of heart and mental toughness last year, "It's on ME" remember?

He probably won't get his mental toughness back until Yao returns, but right now, this t-mac is building chemistry along with the team. So you should be ready for a different team next year. You have no idea how much chemistry Yao has with the team.

Remember, Jordan became a true force at his prime (age 28), thats the age his team actually came together. Next year, our team will come together.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

HAHA you made my day.

14. kwng

kwng Member

I am worried about over the low score in our recent games. We won't win many games especially games with those teams above .5 with just 80-90 pts.

15. tsunami

tsunami Member

he is not old at all. Nowadays you can't even call a 60 year old guy "old", my "old" standard starts from 65+ year old.

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tmac really hasn't taken a lot of shots in the first halves of games. i think had the role players show they can score consistently without him having to shoot, he would keep passing. when that's not hte case, he's been aggressively looking for his shots in the 2nd halves (even v. the spurs when he wasn't feeling it).

tmac has just been really aggressive on this road trip.

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

or whine and cry like kobe, throw you arms up everytime you think you get fouled, scream, stare, cuss at them... you name it.

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I agree. First of all he's been driving to the basket a lot against Sonics, Kings, Portland. He's got some nice dunks, nice passes, nice layups.

But looks like he just wanted to get his teammates involved in the 1st halfs of those games. Than in the 2nd he wanted to get it rolling, he wanted to care about himself, he wanted to go to work. That's pretty nice leadership because 1st of all he thinks about getting other players into good rythm and than he takes over in the 2nd half.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

T-mac's basketball concept

Pass in first half, get your teammates going. IF they're doing well, T-mac gets an early rest.

If first half hasn't nailed the coffin yet, start taking over the game in the second half.

Its pretty simple, share the ball at the beginning, and he'd do whatever he can to get his teammates involved. Theres no need for him to tire himself out when his teammates can help him out.

20. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

No. Durant had a bad game last night. Just like every other star that Battier makes look "average." :D :p