1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oden plays 2 pick up games, Blazers pissed

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by WhoMikeJames, Mar 28, 2008.

1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3316689

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Portland Trail Blazers rookie Greg Oden participated in a pick-up basketball game at a fitness facility in Tualatin, Ore., on Wednesday night, the Oregonian reported.

"We heard about that, and I talked to him today," coach Nate McMillan said. "I let him know he can't do that."

Oden is in the sixth month of his rehabilitation from microfracture surgery on his right knee. He is on schedule to return in time for training camp in October. Oden has been cleared to participate in light drills at practice and the team wants to control his running and jumping.

"I know he is excited to be moving again, but as I talked to him about it he said 'Coach, I promise I wasn't running hard ...'. And I was like -- 'I really don't care',"' McMillan said. "The thing is, we were surprised. So we let him know that he doesn't need to be there. We have plenty of workout equipment and gym space at our facility."

After Oden took part in two pickup games Wednesday night one of the participants went home and posted an account on the internet. By Thursday morning, word had gotten back to the Blazers, who were in Oakland, Calif., for a game against Golden State. McMillan said he then called Oden.

"Right now, these young guys don't know their value," McMillan said. "That's part of growing up and maturing. In a couple of years he will understand how stupid that was. I understand it, because I've done it.''

:D @ Oden... Hopefully nothing happened to him.

2. GageD

GageD Member

Portland will be top team when Oden return.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Remember when Jordan played on a healing broken foot at North Carolina?

He had the same injury as Yao and the team was taking it slow, he was out and felt good so he was playing pickup games at NCarolina and basically forced the Bulls to go ahead and activate him.

DD

4. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

but he is obviously allowed to dance.. :D
    [​IMG]

5. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

what a pedophile

6. BiggetyBalla

BiggetyBalla Member

uhhh Oden was in HIGH SCHOOL in that picture.

7. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

He's making a joke about his face.

<object width="464" height="388" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://www2.funnyordie.com/public/flash/fodplayer.swf?5954" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=4769" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><embed width="464" height="388" flashvars="key=4769" allowfullscreen="true" quality="high" src="http://www2.funnyordie.com/public/flash/fodplayer.swf?5954" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><noscript><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4769">Future Lebron James</a> on <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/">FunnyOrDie.com</a></noscript>

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You know, this actually bodes well for the Blazers. Often times, the problem with big men is that they only really play basketball because they happen to be big. If this guy is playing pick up games as soon as he's able, that's a pretty good indicator he actually likes to play basketball. The guys who don't never get any better.