1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Class act Robert reid

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TroyBaros, Feb 2, 2002.

1. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Last night before I went to the game I went to bennigans and Robert reid was their along with David Wesley of the Hornets both complete Class acts David is alot shorter than I thought.

Also last night I spoke with one of the members of the organization in player personel about Steve's migrains they say it might have something to do with his Diet they are pretty much pinpointing this on his Diet. Hope all goes well:)

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Why is steve even on a diet?

I heard in DC, the ghetto slang term for Weed is Diet. :eek:

3. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Ummmmmmmmmmm Diet meaning what he consumes on a daily basis.
    They are saying it is possibly something he eats so their trying to pinpoint exactly what.

4. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Troy,

I have posted this several times before but don't know if anyone passed the info along. Since you are obviously tight with someone close to the Rockets, I wish that you would relay the message.

I know some people like to ridicule the thought that food and plants can actually heal people. That is why I come with my Merck Index in hand. Merck, the pharmaceutical giant, publishes this book. They categorize every chemical in the world, including botanicals, and also assign a Therapeutical Category for each one.

I just bought the 13th edition of this book and on page 786, chemical 4437, we find Gingko.

The Therapeutic Category in the Merck Index for Ginkgo is "Nootropic. Used for the treatment of vascular insufficiency."

The word Nooptropic comes from Greek roots and means "acting upon the mind."

This isn't what some herbalist in Colorado Springs dreamed up. This is what the colossal pharamaceutical company Merck says. They admit that Gingko is good for the brain and is used for the treatment of vascular insufficiency.

DO NOT go buy Gingko at the store. Most herbal product do not contain very many herbs, if any at all. Also, herbs that are imported into this country and the majority that are grown in this country are gassed with Ethylene Oxide Gas Chambers to kill bacteria.

You want to buy herbs in tincture (liquid) form. Health is a passion of mine and the best herbs anywhere on the market come from the American Botanical Pharmacy.

One of their many products is called the BRAIN FORMULA. If it can help Alzheimer patients, it can help with migraines.

1-800-HERB-DOC

Please pass this on to the Rockets and Steve.

#4 Rocket Freak, Feb 2, 2002
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2002
  5. cheeseman

cheeseman Member

Suddenly, next game Francis comes out on fire and score 74 points in a Rocket blowout. Francis continues to lead the rockets on an amazing 34-game winning streak leading them into the playoffs. Series sweeps of the kings, lakers, and mavs are followed by a 4-0 sweep of the Wizards in which Steve makes Jordan his biotch and sets NBA finals records in scoring, assists, and triple doubles. In his interview after the game the reporter asks Francis "what so amazingly propelled the Rockets on this amazing streak?"

Francis' answer: "Brain Formula".

Everyone can dream.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Cheeseman, Very funny post! I still say it is the diet drinks! I know I am right. Hey, Steve, stop drinking them. Save you money listen to me.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Too much Dr. Pepper or not enough sex.

8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Mountain Dew and Little Debbies will fix any headache!

9. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Robert Reid is a good guy. Although, when I was in HS, he came and talked to us about staying off drugs, etc. About 3 days later he got arrested for possession . . .

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

So will death. :)

11. tod the bod

tod the bod Contributing Member

I used to go to Robert Reid basketball camp at the Jewish Community Center every year. And yes, he was a really nice guy. Whenever I used to hit an outside shot in a basketball game in HS, I would say to myself "Bobby Joe for two."

12. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I ran into Robert Reid like 5 or 6 years ago at the Richmond Arms. A friend of mine recognized him and started talking to him, and he invited us to sit with him and his girlfriend (a pretty girl from Scotland).

I walked away with as good of a impression as one could have.

--Deji