1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A trade I would love to make

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr. Basketball, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poprocks

poprocks Member

Oh and please...we already have a 6'9" Power Forward who's a pogo stick. Given enough minutes he'd outscore and outrebound Marion.

2. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

Yao
    Battier
    Head
    Scola
    2 future first round picks

we get
    Wade
    Marion
    rights to Michael Beasley

3. Tornadoofsoul6

I can see Morey swing a deal for Mike Conely Jr. if Memphis gets the #2 pick and gets Derrick Rose, but no way would I trade Yao for him.

4. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

HOW did I lost in this thread? :rolleyes:

You contradict yourself when you yourself rebuke this Dr.-knows-nothing-about-basketball first with the following:

5. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

That was not a dream, it was a nightmare.

6. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

PG: Rafer
    SG: T-Mac
    SF: Marion
    PF: Beasley
    C: Deke

that would be an AMAZING lineup. three guys capable of scoring any time they touch the ball.

7. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I don't understand why some guys like Marion so much!

He always despears in important games. Otherwise, the suns won't trade him. In fact, he also sucks in Miami.

If you guys really want to a trade, please think about a better option.

8. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

Believe it or not, I agree in that we need to trade YAO. Not that he's not talented, but come on people three seaons THREE leg injurys. If this keeps up he'll be out of the league by 30!

Unlike Ralph Sampson, let's trade Yao while his trade value is high.

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I guess this trade is proposed for Yao's sake! :D

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I would rather have Eric Dampier then Marion.

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Not true. I don't think the trade is a good idea but Marion is more of a battier type of player who has his biggest impact on defense and away from the ball. He isn't really a scorer but people keep discussing that like its one of his better attributes. Saying he disapears is like saying Battier disappears when he doesn't score, there is much more to it than that.

With that said, why the hell would anyone trade their first option on offense for a guy who isn't really a scorer.

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

This is the only reason for trading Yao. I think its only a good idea if you get good value back. I thought the same thing about tmac a couple years ago but I think we waited too long to get anything nearly as good in return.

13. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Actually, I do think Battier needs to prove himself in playoffs. I guess that is the reason why Grizzles traded him.

Who can Marion defend? He defends which position, PF or SF? If he was a good enough defender, the suns won't have very bad performance when they played WC teams even in regular season.

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I don't think this is a particularly good trade but its alot easier to answer a different question.

Who can't he defend? Marion can defend ever position well, i guess you don't remember what he did to Yao over the years. His biggest problem is that he doesn't have the height or weight to go up against really big guys but he can guard pretty much anyone on the court.

If you were strictly looking for defense, I would pick him a thousand times before anyone else.

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

That is the problem. That is what a championship contender needs!

16. Cjballa14

Cjballa14 Member

Beasley and Marion >>>> Yao Ming...

I love Yao, but man i'd give up his 22 and 10 a night for the 40 and 20+ you would get from Beasley and Marion on the same squad... You can sign a mediocre center through FA and this team improves...

and pryuen you lost in this thread with all the personal attacks...

p.s. you can really tell who the ***'s are of this team... open ya'lls mind.. Beasley is going to be a BEAST in the league. I wouldnt be surprised if he puts up better number than Yao does next year...

17. Dr. Basketball

Thank you my man! :cool:

18. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

quit thanking yourself.

19. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

It seems that with this current team and a healthy Yao we have all we need to become a contender. We've made good progress every yr except the one t-mac was out for. If and only if we made a move it would be for a PG or a swingman maybe even a center if Deke doesn't come back next yr.

20. Dr. Basketball

Thank you as well. I love you all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.