1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Miller wants Max; Cavs might trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WoodlandsBoy, Feb 1, 2002.

1. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

According to sporting news. Andre Miller wants a max contract that might force cleveland to trade him.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/teams/cavaliers/

I definately think Francis is worth the max contract but we maybe able to trade Moochie and Mobley for Miller once we sign Francis to the long term deal this offseason. Cavs might think Miller isn't worth max $. But could you imagine if we had Andre Miller and Steve Francis tied up for 7 years. Now that would be a backcourt to die for.

2. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

say what you want but fact remains the cavs wont do that deal. (im trying to change up my trade-dissing style...whaddya think? was thinking about either going sarcastic or the ole-traditional-trade-basher, but this time i went with a more boring, straight up style)

3. cheeseman

cheeseman Member

im still wondering why a nuggets fan posts on a rockets board

4. WoodlandsBoy

It is a starting point. I do believe starting with Mobley you can get an Andre Miller...We don't need your bad vibes with all trade talks.

5. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

it would need alot more...you guys see alot in mobleys game that the cavs do to, and giving up miller isnt worth it. would you give up griff too? miller could fetch alot.

6. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

good question. im not so sure either.

7. Timing

Timing Member

How do you know what the Cavs see in Mobley? Lucas spends a lot of time in the summers over at Westside so if anyone could be high on Mobley, it may be Lucas. If Lucas is half as high on Mobley as you are on Mr 14pts/8rebs Lafrentz then we might get Miller straight up for Mobes. :cool:

8. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Would Rudy T and CD really go for a Cat (+possible others) for Miller trade? I dunno how high they would be on trading the Cat and seperating him from Stevie.

mmm, I just read what I wrote on the first line. If CD rings Lucas and says, 'We will trade you cat for Miller, ok?'. The next day, Lucas gets a small box with a kitten inside it! :D

I'm sorry, it's Saturday night and I'm not going out. :(

9. Timing

Timing Member

Nah, I doubt it would ever happen but ya never know, Rudy and Company have pulled off big ones before. Who'd ever think we could get Steve Francis for a bunch of loose change role players!?! Miller and Francis would look pretty awesome in a backcourt together.

10. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Uh no. I wouldn't trade Griff staight up for Miller. Griffin has upside, and he's gonna be amazing. Miller is a very solid point guard, but 3 years from now, Griffin will be a top ten player.

If you are even implying that Miller would fetch Mobley AND griffin then: a) you are kidding and mocking our lopsided trades, b) you haven't watched Griffin play or c) you are insulting our intelligence as payback for the Langhi/Walt/ #2 for McDyess/#1. In case you didn't know, I was joking when I proposed that.

Mobes and Griffin for Miller is a joke.

11. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Well, think about it.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I usually like NugzFan's posts. He just needs to come out of the closet and admit that deep inside, he really is a Rocket fan...

13. mfclark

mfclark Member

A trade like Mobley for Miller doesn't make much sense for either team; Cleveland is overloaded with shooting guards and has a rather big lack of depth at the point beyond Miller, while the Rockets have their point of the future and a decent backup for him already. Plus, both Francis and Mobley remain friends, and trading one would hurt team chemistry.

I doubt the Rockets would go after Miller, unless they felt a very small lineup could work. But then, it'd take this year's lotto pick and a decent player to get him I bet. And then, I doubt either team budges much to do it.

14. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

If the a deal for Miller was feasible, without giving up Francis or Griffin, then I do it. If it involves giving up Mobley, then so be it. I know Francis and Cat are boys, but they also realize that this is a business. Miller would be great in the backcourt with Francis. Hell if the pick the Rockets get this year is good enough, the Rockets could very well send that pick, and someone (I won't speculate who, but the person I'm thinking about rhymes with snootchie, and/or someone else). Miller would be a great addition for this team.

15. WoodlandsBoy

Personally I think Rudy T has had enough of the 10-20 "bad decisions" per game that Mooch, Cat, and Francis are having. He can see the point guard play has been weak the last two years and we haven't improved since last year. He may give Steve and Cuttino another year together but we all know how anxious Rudy gets and making trades always appeals to him. Once he locks down Steve to a long term deal then we will probably see a trade like this but at least we know that the Cavs are looking at all their options.

16. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

<b>nugzfan</b>: Keep posting baby! Do me one favor. Propose a trade, okay?

17. Sane

Sane Member

Don't expect the Rockets to add any starters, or anyone that plays more than 23 minutes, to the roster till mid-next season. I'd think the staff thinks they don't need anything anymore.

C - Cato's playing great right now, backed up by Willis and Griffin.
    PF - Mo taylor has to show what he's worth, KT is having an excellent season, and then there's Mr. Griffin, our future part of a three-player championship tandem. Overloaded here.
    SF - Rice, nuff said. Contract is too big. Hasn't shown us what he's got when he's injury free. We're trying to develop Torres and T-Mo's skillz. Langhi is SOMEWHERE there too.
    SG - Mobley. He's one of the better 2-guards in the league offensively. makes boneheaded mistakes at times, but experience will fix that (right?).
    PG - If you don't know, then you're not even in this discussion.

Why does ANYONE think that:

1) The Rockets will EVER trade Mobley for anything less than Shaq or Kobe, unless Steve is gone?

2) Why does ANYONE think Steve would actually accept playing the 2 spot? He is considered a jerk among many misguided fans for not accepting playing in Vancouver. WHY did he not play? He didn't want to play the 2 spot. he just doesn't want to. Do you want to make him unhappy?

So, please for the love of God, stop trading Mobley for a PG. Those are 2 MAJOR reasons. Forget the minor ones like, Steve is the best PG in the West and he would be posted up over and over again by all the big SG's in today's NBA. Don't give me the Iverson excuse, because Steve is not that short, and we don't have the team (mass rebounding) that Iverson has.

18. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

How about Mobely and Norris for Miller and Trepagnier? RealGM is down so I can't check the numbers and do some fillers etc.

Who cares what a player wants? They are paid millions of dollars to be players on a basketball team. If that's not enough to make them happy, screw 'em.

If you're on a winning team you make new friends. Damn, you have half the year off to hang out together...

Can you imagine Miller and Francis in our backcourt? That duo makes the Francis/Mobely tandem pale in comparison.

Cuttino is good and might even get better but Miller is outstanding now and also will get better.

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

You don't need real gm to tell you that deal won't work. The only player we have that could get Miller is Francis. You don't swap a should be all star and one of the best pg's in the league for a player thats not even top 10 in his position. Miller can get you something young and extremely talented like Miles or someone like that. Mobley wouldn't even be considered.

If Miller did say that, he is worth it but i don't think cleveland will pay up. I remember Mo Taylor saying he deserved the max from the clipps. I guess they're not so stupid after all.

20. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Mobley and a first round pick may get Miller. Miller is a great player but keep in mind Cleveland doesn't have (or doesn't want to spend) big dollars. They have alot of empty seats so before they pay anyone big dollars they want someone who can fill the seats, which Miller hasn't done.
    I'm a big fan of Cat but Miller is the type of team player we need. Someone who can set up his teammates.