1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A trade I would love to make

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr. Basketball, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Basketball

Im not going to sit here and have a face off on the internet with you superstar. It is the weekend, and time to go mingle with friends. I hope you have fun hanging by yourself and surfing the internet. What was I thinking questioning your authority? People like you make me feel so good every morning when I look in the mirror and brush my teeth. You bash people on a computer screen because in real like you would get pummeled you geek. You attacked me for spelling something wrong and for making a trade thread that you did not agree with. You seem like a smart guy, but you also seem very lonely guy that lacks social skills. I feel bad for you and I hope life gets better for you. Happy Easter dork!

2. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

Err, to be fair, Pryuen did come back and address your post in the context of basketball and whether or not your proposed trade makes the Rockets a better team. Maybe you'd like to respond to that rather than resort to more name calling etc. That just might get a discussion going on the topic. Just a thought, s'll.

For the record, I don't think the trade makes sense for us. You don't just trade a dominant franchise center away. I might change my mind if Yao's injury woes continue but I don't think tis time to give up on him yet.

3. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Yeah.....WHY should I waste time with you when ALL you can rebuke is just name calling and personal-insulting others while you have NOTHING to come back to defend your STUPID proposal? :rolleyes:

4. Copter

Copter Rookie

Any rotation without mcgrady in it is bound to fail.

5. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Run chicken run!

6. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Lucky we have mcgrady!

7. byrdman22

byrdman22 Rookie

stupidity at its finest.

8. pryuen

What ELSE can he do when other than name-calling and personal-insulting others, he is COMPLETELY OWNED and has NOTHING to come back to defend his STUPID proposal which made no business and basketball sense? :D

9. Dr. Basketball

You want to talk basketball?

Yao Ming is a great center! Due to his over use and his size, I think that we have seen the best of Yao Ming. He has gotten better every year since he came into the league in '02. On the offensive side of the ball you can't teach what he brings to your team. Name another team that sends thier 7 foot 6 center to the free throw line for the technical foul. On deffensive side of the ball he is a little bit better then average at best. His size makes him and asset, but his athletcic ability is abused against athletic bigs. He has never gotten out of the first round just like McGrady. I hope that I am wrong about the fact that I think Yao's best year as a pro was this year. It scares me that he has missed half the season for the 2nd year in a row and he is supposed to be in his prime. I don't think that we can win it all with Yao becuase I dont think he can be depended on as an anchor of a contender for and 82 game season.

Do I think that Les would make the trade that I propsed? NO, why because Yao grows dollars off of trees for him.

Do I think the trade makes us better? Maybe

Marion is not as good as Yao, but he is a different type of player. Our team right now is showing that we can win without Yao. Are we going to win this year with the team we have? No. I doubt we get out of the 1st round in the wicked west. If we had Marion right now I think we would do about as good as we would do if we had Yao back. The point is niether are going to bring us a trophy with are cast around them right now. I would do the trade because Beasley is going to be a stud. He is going to be a better mans version of Carmelo Anthony. And becuase of this I would do the trade if we got the 1st pick in the draft. He is not going to dominate next year but he will in the next 3 or 4. Adding Beasley and Marion would give us a better chance to win a few trophies in the next 10 years then just Yao Ming. I think Yao is better then both of the players, but he can't stay healthy and I am afraid this is going to be the song of his career. I think adding Marion and Beasley would not only be so much fun to watch but I think that it would give us hope for the next 10 years.

It's not going to happen. Les makes to much money and Marion might not want to come here anyway. I hope Im wrong and Yao comes back stronger then ever and stays healthy. I just think that its going to be something that comes up every year or every other year and becuase of this I would rather cut my losses and try to land a stud while Ming still has alot of trade value. Because if he gets hurt again next year and is out for the season for the third year in a row. His trade value will quickly dimish.

You really don't think McGrady and Marion with Scola, Landry and Rafer and Beasley would not be fun to watch? I have faith that Adelman would make that a much better version of the Warriors with more size and defense.

10. poprocks

poprocks Member

You even watching the game today against the Suns and Shaq? We don't need Yao? Boy if there was ever a stupid post calling for trading the best big man in basketball, this is it.

Rockets getting blown away by the Suns, yeah I guess you'd rather see that.

11. poprocks

poprocks Member

Trading away Yao would be stupid. Ask yourself why the Suns went out of their way to get Shaq? DUH!

Lets make ourselves smaller with a guy who scores less and is shorter than Yao. Lets shoot ourselves in the head while we are at it.

12. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Hell no, and the person above me should calm down.

13. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Not above me - the guy who said "you should die"

14. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

You mean nightmare.

15. nokidding

nokidding Member

I welcome this trade. This will make GSW a immediate contender. Yao, SJ, BD, Harrington, Machael P, ...

16. devin23

devin23 Member

Look how the suns are killing us with a center like shaq. And you want to trade one of the best centers in the league away and lose our low post defense and offense? This is one of the most ignorant posts i've ever seen. Good grief.

17. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Not to mention the log jam at the PF position. I like Landry backing up Scola. Now we're talking about Landry backing up Scola backup up Marion, and good bye Chuck Hayes.

I don't think so.

18. drich

drich Member

this is quite interesting and pat riley is in love with big men so it might work. the only way i would do it would if miami had the first pick, don't nothing else but the #1 pick

19. pryuen

Man.... you want to talk about basketball...... :eek:

• First your stupid proposal is completely built on the premise of how great a player Michael Beasley will be. He is a freshman at KSU, and has not declared for NBA draft. What made you think he is guaranteed #1 or #2 draft?
    • Michael Beasley's favorite and natural position is power forward, if I am not mistaken. So his position will clash with Shawn Marion, Carl Landry, Luis Scola, Chuck Hayes and Mike Harris. Would that make the Rockets a team overcrowded at the position 4? A basketball team is not to be revolving around power forwards only !!
    Multiple trophies for the Rockets in the next 10 years time by having Beasley and Marion?

Remember even if Michael Beasley do declare for NBA draft, and is ranked #1, and even if the Rockets do make this stupid decision to go for Marion + Beasley for Yao Ming, tell me:

• How many more years Shawn Marion can play? 4 or 5?
    • How many more years Tracy McGrady can play? 4 or 5?
    • How many years it need to develop Michael Beasley? 3 to 4 years?
    • How to handle that many players on position 4 while you have no one dominant centre in position 5?
    Multiple championship trophies in the future 10 years for the Rockets?

In your wet dreams !! :D

20. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

Unbelievable, a Rockets fan couldn't spell a Rocket's last name correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.