1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A trade I would love to make

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr. Basketball, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I'd use the pick on DJ Augustin, Kevin Love or possibly Blake Griffin.

2. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

IF we did do this trade, Marion needs a fast breaking team to be at his best. The Rockets are not a fast breaking team. The remaining starters TMac, Battier, Scola aren't a fast break bunch. Rafer is capable of running.

Overal I think not. Beasley/Love or whoever would be the pick would take a couple years to develop anyway.

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

No more Y*FS like this guy, all the more reason to make the trade. :)

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Even Yao is not playing right now, trading him for a rookie means rebuilding the team. Is it the time to rebuild the rockets?

5. Tornadoofsoul6

Only trade that would entertain me:
    Yao Ming, Rafer Alston or Bobby Jackson, Chuck Hayes for a S&T Monta Ellis, S&T Andris Biedrins, Brandan Wright, Marco Belinelli, + Rights to Tyler Smith/Roy Hibbert/Kevin Love.

And I even doubt this, this coming from a BIG fan of Monta Ellis.

6. Dr. Basketball

That dude sucks. Sorry for spelling Mings name wrong. People on here that think we are having a spelling contest should get a life. The point of the thread was to discuss the random trade.

7. tsunami

tsunami Member

You insult the title of "Dr."

8. Dr. Basketball

My bad bro....Your a stud :eek:

9. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

No one wants to hear your CRAP out.....an idiot who could not even spell or tell what the surname of Big Yao is.

GETTA OUT OF HERE !! :mad: We don't need such SH!!!!!!!!T on GARM..........

10. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

would a business trade away the biggest and most profitable project to other business for some project proposals? I doubt it.

11. poprocks

poprocks Member

yes, we had a hole this year in the center position. Lets get another undersized PF/C for a dominant franchise Center. Great trade! As if we weren't exposed enough this year being a donut team against Boston and the Hornets. :rolleyes:

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Calm down, Pryuen! Yao + Wade + Pat Riley is not a bad idea, espeically in EC.

13. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Its a trade that will never happen.

14. Dr. Basketball

From a buisness perspective, no way Les makes this move. I was only talking about the Basketball side. I agree with you. I still think the trade makes us better as a team.

15. pryuen

But did you see this idiot's proposal basically won't work?? :rolleyes:

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Actually, I think if the rockets cannot win the title or go deep in playoffs within two years, Yao himself would ask for a trade.

17. sando

sando Member

Really a good trade for Miami. Yao&Wade = another championship combo.

18. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

You better be careful, the PC police will be hunting you down with the quickness for posting something like this.

Fortunately, I'm not them. Great post. (That is unless he is border line suicidal and I would recommend, DON'T DO IT)

19. Dr. Basketball

Hey English professor, I did not ask you to grade my thread you. I will call you next time I can't find spell check. I come on this website everyday to peak around and see what is going on in the Houston sports world. I love this website. But fags like you are the reason I don't post that much. I am a die hard Rockets fan and was only throwing out an idea that I thought was amusing to talk about. I am a fan of Yao Ming, and I understand that the money he brings this franchise cannot be matched by any other player. The thread was about about a trade idea not how to spell. I thank you pryuen for the remarks. You seem like a great guy, and a *** that would suck Yao off the first time his wife walked out of the room. Next time reply about the trade not the size of Yao's you know what. *** :cool:

20. pryuen

You want to talk about basketball?? :rolleyes:

Your proposal does not make business sense as well as basketball sense.

• The salary won't match. Shawn Marion is earning more than Big Yao now. So what made you think Miami Heats would be willing to give away Shawn Marion + a 2008 first pick for Yao Ming?
    • Yao Ming is improving year-on-year and what made you think we have seen the best of Big Yao already? And you said in your own crappy post that we shall be seeing 6 to 7 All Stars performance of Big Yao. So you're contradicting yourself there and then.
    • Shawn Marion is born 1978, and is 2 years older than Big Yao. He's over his prime, and why should Rockets get rid of Big Yao who is yet reaching his prime?
    • The Rockets had solved its ever-troubling spot on position 4 with additions of players like Luis Scola, Carl Landry, Chuck Hayes, and Mike Harris. What made you think we need Shawn Marion on 4?
    • How is this team ever to find a replacement for a dominant 7ft 6 centre? Don't tell me this Rocket team is served best as a run and gun small ball team, cos per NBA history, you'll never be able to win NBA Championship with a small ball, run-and-gun team.
    So just tell me how is your STUPID proposal going to make the Houston Rockets a BETTER team??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.