1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Landry the Mandry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LCII, Mar 22, 2008.

1. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Our very own Bash Brothers!

[​IMG]

If I only had Photoshop...

2. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

If theres a laundry woman...

Then we have a landry man, haha :D

3. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Ordinarily I would agree, except this season's Western Conference seeding situation is anything but ordinary. If the Rockets hit a bad stretch and lose, say, 5 of 7 or so, then their playoff prospects would be anything but certain. Therefore, you have to put your best players on the floor to keep pace with the rest of the conference, even if it means playing a 90% healthy Landry.

4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Morey a.k.a "The Wizard" has said on more than one occasion that we will re-sign Landy. Weather it be offering him a long term contract or matching another teams offer (which we can do becuase he is a restricted free agent) we will do so & see him in a Rox Uni for a longgggg time! :D

5. AggieRocketFan96

Landry is the perfect PF fit for the Rockets. I'm not sure he would be as effective on any other team, but in the Adelman system, Landry as a 3rd or 4th option really exploits his talents better than any other system could. With TMAC, Rafer (can't believe I would say that), and even Battier to some extent getting defensive attention out to the 3 point line, the gaps and seams appear to part like the red sea inside the paint, an area that Landry takes full advantage of unlike any player I've seen since Otis Thorpe in his prime.

His effectiveness increases even more with a dominant, decent passing center like Yao and I definently see Carl as a 16ppg scorer next year next to a healthy Yao. If he improves his medium range shooting ability, I would love to see him move to the SF position and have a frontline of Yao, Scola, and Carl!

6. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Some people wear Superman underoos. Superman wears Carl Landry underoos.

7. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

I say we draft Carl's brother Marcus (Junior at Wisconsin) and any other siblings in that family that are ballers. The more Landry's the better!

I watched Marcus play in the first round this week, he plays like a Mandry as well.

8. Dr. Basketball

ya right, do you know what scola's record is as a starter? You don't fix something thats not broken

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

We only have MLE to give. Suppose he goes in the playoffs and blows up then some one might offer him 10 mil a year we loose him. It could be like the boozer or Arenas situation.

10. dividend

dividend Member

Carl Landry is everything T-Mac thought Stromile Swift was supposed to be

11. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

LOL. Yeah.

So guys...what is Landry's official nickname? Landlord? Dirty Landry? Landromat?
    Mandry?

CHOOSE ONE!

12. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

anybody got last night's landry highlights???

13. poprocks

poprocks Member

We wanted to get David Lee and stick him next to Yao last year. Man, this guy is 10x the player that David Lee is.

14. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

whenever i was watching the game last night, i kept saying to myself "i love landry!!" his energy is just amazing!

15. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Yeah except Marcus isn't averaging 19 and 9 at Wisconsin or anything close. I have watched Marcus every year and every time I think God that guy could dominant if he only wanted to. He doesn't and having that little bit of extra drive makes a lot bigger difference than people think.

BTW for those of you who don't know Marcus has always been considered the more athletic of the two. Carl emerged as this athletic freak by dropping the extra weight he carried at Purdue because he had to bang with Oden and others. He and Marcus look identical now (even their foreheads are very similar).

16. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

I actually put Landry ahead of Scola at this point. Landry doesnt look like the smartest cookie in the jar but he finishes with such precision.

He knows when to pump-fake dunk and when to do some fake moves in order to get layups. We must secure the LandyMan up this off season.

17. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Does he play the same position? If so.. I could just imagine if his brother turned out like Carl and we happen to get him. hahah the three headed monster Carluis Scolandry squared.