1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thanks for the incredible streak, Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeremiah, Mar 18, 2008.

1. marciagong

marciagong Member

Thanks for the amazing ride. It has been the most exciting one and a half months of my life. Keep on working hard. :)

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Great run guys. I expected us to miss the playoffs with yao down. I'm proud of the way the team has fought. Just hold on to a playoff spot and I will be satisfied.

Next year I think we will be the favorites, along with LA.

3. Lost_Packet

Lost_Packet Member

Thank you Rockets!!!! Cowboy up!

4. MystikArkitect

Thanks Rafer for destroying L.A.

Thanks Battier for locking down Kobe/Joe Johnson/Josh Howard/Peja/whoever the hell else they told you to guard

Thanks Mutombo for being the single spark that propelled us to 10 wins after Yao's injury.

Thanks Landry for filling the void, providing highlight reels and showing us a glimpse of our bright future.

Thanks Scola for the hustle plays, the intangibles, and annoying the hell out of people in the process.

Thanks Bobby Jackson for the great game against L.A. and some clutch shots before then.

Thanks Novak for Sacramento.

Thanks Harris for filling in while Landry was out and doing a heck of a job at it.

Thanks Luther for drilling those 3's during the course of the streak.

Thanks Brooks for subbing in for Rafer at the beginning of the streak.

Thanks Yao for getting us started. We missed you tonight big fella.

Thanks T-mac for everything, especially that duel against Chris Paul.

Thanks Rick for righting this ship and making the Rockets the talk of Houston and the country as well.

Thanks Jeff Van Gundy for being one of the few guys in the media who stuck up for us in the sea of non-believers.

That's all. If anyone else has any thanks, throw em in there.

5. deion_se

deion_se Member

Thanks for the fabulous streak which brought back my faith in this team. You guys just made a legend. We definitely has a bright future when we get our full strengh..

6. startover

startover Member

I will never forget this great winning streak.
    Thank you Rockets!

7. supermike

supermike Member

Great RUN!

Thanks Rox!

Lots of fun in the last couple of months. Keep going ROX!

8. netlopez

netlopez Member

beautiful thanks!tomorrow is another day!go go rox

9. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Thanks for the memories!

All these guys played hard and took us on an incredible, historical ride, and in the process immensely spoiled us, as you can tell by the knee-jerk reactions to the loss tonight. Bottom line is this: these guys are incredible overachievers and they will always be a big part of Rockets history, regardless of what happens from this point on.

All I can ask for now is a respectable finish to the season, I won't get greedy and ask for another winning streak or anything like that, I will just cherish the memories I already have.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I was expecting more trolls to pop up and more negative threads but this place seems to have took it pretty well!

11. 2rings

2rings Member

Major props to the Rox. No matter what happens going forward this season, thye should be very proud of the streak and I am very proud of them.

12. bucket

bucket Member

What the Rockets have accomplished isn't just remarkable, it borders on the absurd. To change their approach so quickly after Yao's injury without losing any momentum, and then to go on and add another 10 games to the streak while missing an MVP-caliber player is something that's completely unparalleled in the history of the NBA.

It's one thing to watch a team dominate its opponents through superior talent. It's much rarer for a team to be as successful through sheer determination, confidence, and intelligence, and no team has ever won that way anywhere close to this consistently for this long. The Rocket's play since Yao went down has given me a whole new perspective on basketball.

13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Congrats to the Rockets. Whatever happens from here, they have earned a place in the collective memories of all Houston fans, and basketball fans in general.

14. codell

codell Contributing Member

Excellent post. You should post more often.

On paper, this team had no business winning 22 games in a row. No team has any business winning 22 games in a row really.

Simply incredible.

People should realize that the streak itself isn't going to win us games, so we would have had to been perfect to beat Boston. For the first time in 23 games, we were far from it and we get our asses handed to us. No shame in that. Lets move on.

15. DrRafay

DrRafay Member

Thank you Rockets for the wonderful ride!!! :)

16. Water Boy

Water Boy Member

THANKS JEREMIAH FOR MAKING THIS THREAD! THE BBS will stand with the Rockets through the good and bad.

As I posted emotionally on the Post-Game thread...let's all give that STANDING OVATION they deserve and give 'em a round of slow 80's hand claps.

22 game winning streak- 2008 HOUSTON ROCKETS- where HISTORY happens!

CLAAAAAAAAAAP..........CLAAAAAAAAAAAP.......CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QhTiJEYqqY8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QhTiJEYqqY8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Loved it! Thanks Rockets for all the fun. Now, let's see if they learned anything about how to get out of the first round. It is all about the playoffs. If they are not resilient, they could be in eighth place by they end of the week. That would be discouraging. No time to feel sorry for themselves, gut it up and go.

18. cyruszhang

cyruszhang Member

This is history right there; I'm not lucky enough to catch the Cluth City I and II era, but at least I witnessed the second-greatest run in NBA history; wait until next year, with YAO back, and we are ready to make some serious noise!

Thx ROCKETS!

19. clutch11

clutch11 Member

Thank you Jeff Van Gundy, Tom Thibodeau.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

as puedlfor said in chat...

"51 days without losing"

as bucket said in this thread,

"It borders on absurd."