1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 3/18/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 17, 2008.

1. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

It's great to see all the true Rockets fans stay, and give the team a standing ovation for this incredible streak. All the bandwagon fans left early.

2. cyruszhang

cyruszhang Member

Still a wonderful journey the past two months..

This year our main focus should be getting out of the first round...

The team chemistry is there, we just need another piece of inside presence... A.K.A Yao...

Let's focus on the rest of the season and make some noise in the playoffs...

Good game...

3. HookemHorns1250

Amen...Now, it's up to how we respond to this road trip..

4. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

That was fun while it lasted.

I'm already loving the idiot media questioning if we're gonna lose poise because we lost one ******* game.

5. MYM[Moon

MYM[Moon Member

Oh no! our weak side is revealed at all!

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

See there you go...

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Tied for 1st place. Lets win tomorrow. Overreaction to a loss.

8. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

it okay guys-

LAST TIME WE LOST, WE RESPONDED BY WINNING 22 IN A ROW! :D

9. Water Boy

Water Boy Member

Instead of focusing on this loss, I appreciate the 22 game streak of the Rockets! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ALL THE HATE. THE ROCKETS HAVE DONE WHAT ONLY 2 NBA TEAMS IN HISTORY HAVE DONE. STAND UP AND SHOW GIVE THEM THE LOVE THE DESERVE!

10. HookemHorns1250

Yep, loved to see that..I watched it to the end...now to see what chuck and kenny say lol

11. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Chuck Barkley was finally right. He didn't say we would lose, but he said that TMac would need a big game if we would win (he said he needed 30, but same thing IMO).

TMac has been off- WAY off for a week. He's beat. Tired as hell. He needed to take it in, but didn't have the gas to stand up to their D.

But I give this one to the Celtics. They were flat out the better team. Their defense was PHENOMINAL. Scary as hell. We could have played better, but I'm not sure it would have mattered. They owned us. They played like champs.

Congrats Celts. I honestly think you guys are going to win it all this year...Unless the Rox are there. :)

12. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

That's the spirit. Starting tomorrow night.

2nd longest streak all-time. That's not gonna fall for a very long time.

13. pipesir

pipesir Member

Yao is the real MVP for ROX.

14. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

Well.... all good things must come to an end.....

The streak was fun, but it's over now. How we recover from this loss means a lot. We can't fall into a losing streak now. I'd love to see us finish the West in first place, but I think we're back in 2nd now, huh?

I mean, like Dude said the Celts are SCARY good. You don't have a record like they do if you're not a great team. They've been monsters since the onset of the season. I mean you saw what they did to SA, coming back from 22 down. They are nasty and without any scoring threat in the post, we really didn't match up well.

We played a nice first half, but the fire died down. We played a bad 3rd quarter.

Damn, the Celtics defense is nasty though. They ranked first in the league in like every defense statistic. They shut down T-Mac and no role player stepped up big tonight. They defense wasn't letting it happen.

It's over now. Honestly, I'm glad the streak is over. Now, we come back down to earth and realize we really can lose. It was fun though.

15. Ming the Dream

Ming the Dream Contributing Member

It had to end sometime. :(

Great run though by the Rockets, and I am awfully proud of the way we have played during this streak.

16. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

this has been a great test for us..we will be in the playoffs and we will get past that elusive first round..to all haters there's no reason for you to stay on this board

17. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

If I can pick one game to win today or tommorrow, I'll pick a win over the Hornets tommorrow and have the tie-breaker.

18. Precision340

Precision340 Member

great run!!! thanks for making history and taking us along for the remarkable ride... it was very special... now let's focus on the playoffs and the hornets tomorrow!!!

19. jcage

jcage Member

I bet the haters can't wait to lead with this story.

20. mag

mag Contributing Member

Great run by the team!! We need to keep playing hard and hope we get Landry back soon to minimize our lack of size.