1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rafer Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ekim, Dec 12, 2007.

1. songdi

songdi New Member

he is way better than last season

2. Jd1

Jd1 Member

Rafer did a gr8 job today.
    BUT, I say Ban him from shooting 2s, he had 2-11.
    he would've had 48 pts if all of the shots were 3s. :D :p

3. halfling131

halfling131 Member

Someone youtube this please!

4. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

rafer alston is such a polarizing player...

even if he scores 50 points he'll still have critics. the only way he can silence critics forever is if he has a game like this in a clinching game during the finals. like eli manning.

this is because for as many 9-19, 31 point games he has, he has 2x as many 2-16, 8 point games.

5. pchan

pchan Member

Rafer is the basketball version of Robert Johnson.

He has sold his soul to the devil in order to bring Houston a championship this year!

6. lastmanstanding

It's good 2 c skip play well after that mini 2-game slump. Keeep it up!

7. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Like I said, Rafer is Rockets' version of John Starks

8. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

give it up clutch...what are you trying to defend...the guy has played great...just give him his due and leave it at that, no need to remind us that everyone that the guy was garbage....and what r you trying say with that last sentence??

9. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

The guy plays the best game of his career in the biggest game of the season and still...

What exactly did he do to you?

10. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

I've been saying for a long time now (on another board), Rafer does what you want a point guard to do: run an offense. It's as simple as that. He does it better than any of the other options. And now that he's hitting his shots, he's that much more valuable. Not to mention the toughness he brings to the court. We need that edginess to get in the face of people like Chandler and Vujacic.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You guys have got to be morons -- seriously -- to take what I said as an insult or ignoring what he did tonight. I mean really, this "Clutch won't give him his due" act from blaqnitti is OLD.

My point is Rafer made big strides... the Rockets wanted him gone. JVG said it tonight in the broadcast! So when someone says "I can't believe people wanted James to start over him" -- do you think things were different then? Do you think Rafer was shooting well then or really ever for the Rockets to make all those additions and shop him?

It's not personal with Rafer. I've said before he's the nicest (or one of the nicest) players I've ever interviewed. It was/is all business and performance.

12. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Big ups to Rafer on playing a great game... Rafer went AND1 mode on Vujacic... he shoulda bounced the ball off of his head... I would love to see him play in an All Star game

13. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Oh my how ppl change opinions quickly, remember all of you saying trade Rafer Alston, now all of you just so love him, ccc

Rafer played fantastical tonight, 8-11, wow...

Then again we have Mike James and Steve Francis, we don't need him, trade him for Doleac, riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

14. LScolaDominates

You have to admit Rafer didn't spend much time as the guy on the outside looking in. By day one of the season he was pretty much the undisputed #1 PG on this team.

15. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

what do u mean "the rockets"? did MJ ever start over rafer? even when he put on that good shooting 2 game fluke? we were all frustrated with rafer, we all wanted a better pg, but half of us never ever wanted MJ start over rafer.

16. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Rafer for MVP!!! :D :D

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

By "the rockets" I mean "the rockets". If the Rockets tried to trade Rafer, does it matter if MJ started or was on the bench? That's putting MJ ahead of Rafer.

All props go to Rafer for what he's done... he came from the lowest of the low -- dismal shooting performance in the playoffs, talking in the press about knowing the end of his Rockets days were in sight, having brushes with the law in the summer, shooting 20-30 percent through the first 10+ games or so this season ... to what he's done the last several months. It's a dramatic turnaround.

18. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

He sure has

19. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

You don't know this? Rafer has been thrown eggs to Clutch's face the whole season long. No I'm not joking, just ask Clutch. ;)

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member