1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 21-0 streak is like Kobe's 81

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by krnxsnoopy, Mar 15, 2008.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

It's a different game. There is no way any team will ever come close to 33-0, and no way 100 points is scored by one player in a game again. And by close, I mean 30+ wins. If the Rockets prove me wrong, shoot me and I'll die a happy man. But you just got to stop for a second and realize what a ridiculous number that really is. Even at 21 straight wins, that's winning a quarter of the NBA season's games consecutively :eek: . And today's game has much evolved from the 60's and 70's. There is so much parity in this sport as shown in this year's tight Western Conference Playoff race. Players are taller, stronger, and faster than ever.

I guess as basketball fans we should just appreciate these moments as we may never witness something like this in our lifetimes again. At this point, I don't care when the streak ends, because I will still be proud of our Rockets and everything they've done. But I won't lie, I DO WANT 22-0! There's a lot at stake and how poetic it would be to take down the Lakers of all teams; the team with the title of the longest win streak, the team with the #1 seed, and the team with Kobe- the best player of this decade.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I like the comparison. It's like watching that game and holding your breath on every shot he takes. Every Rockets game is like that now.

3. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

Yeah pls everyone just appreciate this streak and stop putting threads like we still havent beat good teams, just bloody enjoy every moment of this streak

4. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

The Rockets 21-0 streak is a team effort, Kobe's 81 was an one man show ...

It takes 5, my Rockets friends! :D

5. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

Man, it is not even close.

6. oldnews2

oldnews2 Member

81pts is individual.
    I think there are several players in this league can do this if they really want to and don't care the game.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Except we didn't get 21 straight wins against the Raptors.

8. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

81 points was one night.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What the hell? He made a valid comparison/analogy, but instead of seeing his point, you guys are focusing on how his comparison/analogy falls short? Kind of silly.

His point is the Rockets, like Kobe, have come as close to touching one of those ancient untouchable records as anyone will ever come. Appreciate it now, don't wait for them to hit 34.

10. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Analogy:

1. a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based: the analogy between the heart and a pump.

11. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Analogy.

Kobe's 81 points is something we may never see again ...and 100 points in a game is basically impossible in today's game.

Rockets 21 games is something we may never see again ....and 33 wins in a season is basically impossible in today's game.

Nice analogy snoopy! The 21 game win streak is better ...cause the Rockets did it. ;)

12. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Also cause The Streak comes in 21 nights instead of one. ;)

13. timeschinatours

yes, i agree

14. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

How many Hall of Famers were on the 33 in a row Lakers? Three?

Today's game pretty much makes that impossible due to salary cap and the number of teams. So, I think it's a good analogy.

If the Rockets could win 2 or 3 more it might be the longest anyone will see for another 30 years.

15. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Only thing smiliar is that they are both second place records.

Major difference = Team accomplishment vs individual.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

but...but... Kobe did that against the freaking Raptors... ;)

17. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Kobe's 81 is overrated! I remember Mike James said Tmac was better than Kobe after that game when some reporters asked him whether he thought Kobe was the best.

18. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Actually, I think this is an insult to the rockets' 21-0 streak.

Kobe even didn't make playoffs in that season.

19. abc2007

abc2007 Member

This is saying: 21 wins is like one win! :eek:

20. jason_long

jason_long Member

i like this post. I think Rox has a pretty good chance to win on Sunday.

If we win, we will be the #1 seed, and t-mac will steal MVP from kobe. It's a game with no big man, t-mac vs kobe, rox vs lakers. :D